Dick Morris: What Many Polls Are Missing (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 04:20:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Dick Morris: What Many Polls Are Missing (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dick Morris: What Many Polls Are Missing  (Read 12184 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: September 22, 2012, 10:25:19 PM »

1. First, we don't have control of the senate. Second, his policies are creating a society dependent upon government for every need. The Julia cartoon says it best. Once you are dependent, you don't let it go. Once Obamacare is implemented, it will never be gotten rid of.

The healthcare program that requires you to be a customer of private insurance companies? That dependency scheme?

Moreover, what's so amazing about the American Right's approach to social and economic problems is that they never really attempt to solve problems, they just absolve the government of any responsibility. The solution to supposed "dependency" is not to remove social programs, that does nothing at all except further entrench people in bad circumstances into progressively worse circumstances and stifle social mobility, the solution is to focus on implementing policies that dramatically raise lower and middle class income levels. And no, tax cuts don't do that.

There is also good dependency and bad dependency. I am dependent on the government for roads, I am dependent on government to check the food I eat to make sure it's safe, I am dependent on government to regulate air quality. I'm pretty stoked with all of that. What the government can do cheaper, centrally, impartially, and safely, it should do.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

LOL

Some of those social democracies you hate so much are happier and more socially mobile than the US. Not to mention we are regularly beat in one area or another in the Heritage Foundation created Index of Economic Freedom and easily rivalled overall by some of those evil social democracies.

Is that so? What side of American politics so routinely insults all different areas of the country? Like Sarah Palin, you only like the "real" America; defined, of course, entirely by you.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 10:30:08 PM »

You have no clue about the anger people felt about Bush in 2004. Hell, I still get angry thinking about it. We were fighting for the morals of the nation! We were fighting for the good name of America, a country that doesn't go around invading people just because it can.

What I remember most about the bitterness among the Left from 2004 was the frustrated feeling that we (and I use that term generally, though I was young then) were operating on a completely different level than the rest of the country in how we thought of the election. The left was motivated by real problems we could solve with real solutions, while Bush ended up winning with a base motivated by anger over boys kissing.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 09:08:56 PM »

The central achievement of the Romney Administration will be tax reform. We'll downgrade all of the marginal rates by 20% and eliminate deductions that only benefit lawyers/accountants in order to ensure tax receipts do not fall too much in the short-run. Here is a good paper on the issue: http://www.nber.org/feldstein/wsj08282012.pdf

Spending that can be cut or transferred onto the states will be cut or transferred onto the states. Obviously it needs to be done in such a way that we do not cause a recession.

Hey guys, an adviser to the Romney campaign with magic numbers he made up himself in a two page paper says the plan will work!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies