Education Policy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 01:04:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Education Policy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Education Policy  (Read 3260 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 14, 2012, 11:42:33 PM »

4. Pledge of Allegiance is mandatory for schools funded by our tax dollars.
Even private schools accepting vouchers?
You must be logged in to read this quote.
It wasn't for your grandpa when he was in school...was he less of an American (or Christian for that matter...assuming he was of course)
Even in a class on politics?
I understand your point, but really, are "parents" going to be any better?  What if the parents want Intelligent Design taught in school?
It's an option...a dumb one, but an option.  My kids have never gotten sexual education without me signing a stupid form first.  I'm assuming if I didn't sign it, they would be excused for that part of the class.  Removing sexual education from the schools entirely would be one of the dumber things we could do to our children.
You can already pray at school, millions do it every day
In what way?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 01:28:26 AM »

My grandpa can't help how the pledge of allegiance was when he was in school.
My point being that for the longest time, God wasn't mentioned in the pledge.  It didn't make Americans less American or less religious.  Honestly, I don't care if it's in there or not, but I've got no problem with people who don't believe in God, but love America to leave that part out of the pledge.  And for people who have something against America or pledges in general to stand silently.  (though I do have issues with people that make a big deal out of NOT saying the pledge during the pledge)
Parents are no more likely to "know best" than bureaucrats.  Get rid of sh**tty bureaucrats, sure, but putting parents in charge of school decisions isn't going to end well in a lot of places.
While I agree with you here, I don't think these things happen all that often (if ever).  If you think they do, you'll need to give me a cite.
How could it be taken away?  Prayer doesn't have to be a show, it can be a silent conversation between you and your god. Kind of hard, nay, kind of impossible to take that away.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies