Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:20:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread: Bombshell allegations  (Read 161302 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: October 13, 2017, 04:25:26 PM »

At the core of this is the fact that Republican law and order rhetoric is mostly a racist vendetta against ethnic minorities, while as long as the perpetrator is white they're fine with all sorts of crime being forgiven and running away from legal principles.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 09:41:46 PM »

Even if the poll was accurate the unsure voters are going to Moore.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 10:29:20 PM »
« Edited: October 24, 2017, 10:43:45 PM by RFKFan68 »

I'm sure there are a substantial number of Alabama voters that believe black and white people shouldn't even be married, so this is a non-starter.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 01:27:28 PM »

The ones who always going on an on about the gays, the Jews, and the blacks always end up being child molestors or cross dressers. Come on Alabama. Do not do this.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 05:29:16 PM »

Clearly deleting emails is more reprehensible than molesting children and feeding them alcohol.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/928734837887954950
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 06:03:02 PM »

I hope this isn't true and if so he should drop out, but the one question I must ask is, why now? The reason for this being if these supposed victims were abused, why didn't they come forward when he could've lost in 2012.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 06:08:19 PM »

And the thing about this is, Doug Jones winning won't flip the Senate, and it wouldn't completely halt the Republican Party's ability to legislate, and it's not like Jones is by any means favored to keep the seat if he won it, either..
I would like to add that if Doug Jones is serious about keeping this seat he won't exactly be in the chambers championing far left legislation. Doug Jones could be persuaded to vote with Republicans on some things and work with the President when it benefits his constituents. Trump won this state by 28 points. Jones won't be completely hostile to the Republican agenda.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 07:31:55 PM »

I guess we'll see if they eventually nominate a mass murderer.
“Look, I don’t support what he did but he’ll protect our gun rights and besides... Hillary did much worse when she let those men die in Benghazi.”
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 11:44:14 PM »

The saddest part is that Roy Moore will win the white women vote overwhelmingly. Then they will give some lame ass excuse for why they had to vote for him like abortion or same sex marriage which has already been decided by the Supreme Court or because Hillary Clinton ate a grapefruit for breakfast in 1985.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017, 08:16:38 AM »

It's plausible that white Republican women in Alabama are going to respond very differently than men, if quietly so.
Fat chance.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2017, 10:22:09 AM »

Does Alabama have early voting at all?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2017, 10:30:09 AM »

Does Alabama have early voting at all?

Excuse only, and I'm not sure if it's even started yet at all.
I was hoping that Jones could bank as many votes as he could out of Birmingham/Montgomery/Black Belt and spend the final stretch appealing to whatever whites he could.

Also wondering if the National Democrat Party will invest here seriously. They either win the seat or have the Republicans sending an accused child molestor to the Senate. They can spin it either way this is Alabama— Jones shouldn’t even be in striking distance.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2017, 03:15:53 PM »

"Someone on the internet made a mean comment about me, so I guess I'll have to vote for the pedophile now."

We've reached Peak Atlas.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2017, 03:36:09 PM »

Alabama state rep: Moore’s accusers should be prosecuted

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/359792-alabama-state-rep-roy-moores-accusers-should-be-prosecuted

Hey guys...am I still trolling?

Hey, IceSpear...yes.  What this proves is that some of the folks in the AL Republican Party are pond scum.  That doesn't mean Alabama as a whole is a moral wasteland no matter how much you and your gang of me-too bandwagoners want to use this as an excuse to peddle holier-than-thou keyboard elitism.  It's honestly hard to tell sometimes if you're just someone with some pretty horrible views or if you're a troll who genuinely wants Moore to win because you're that obsessed with your bigoted, unfunny schtick/being at the center of the inevitable classist circlejerk that tends to follow when you make such posts.  Ed Henry is clearly a complete piece of sh!t, to put it mildly.  That doesn't mean everyone in Alabama is a complete monster.  You don't have to type with one hand whenever some miserable excuse for a human being defends Moore's actions.
And when Moore wins 57-43?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2017, 06:56:12 PM »

Moore was a human sh-t stain long before the pedophile accusations. Them rescinding their endorsements mean nothing.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2017, 08:23:45 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2017, 08:29:15 PM by RFKFan68 »

Ed Henry really needs to crawl back into whatever sewer he came from.  I just saw the guy defending Moore on CNN.  What a sad excuse for a human being.
His claim that he had the authority to determine whether it happened or not because he knows Roy Moore was deplorable. These people are misogynist idiots. Sadly white women will probably vote Moore 80-20.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 09:43:13 PM »

Talked to may family. Of those I have spoken to, none will vote for Moore. All are evangelical Christians and most are Trump voters.
Are they abstaining? Voting Jones? Writing in someone?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 11:25:01 PM »

You know good and damn well there aren’t tapes. This girl was 14 trapped in Roy’s home in the middle of the woods. Just admit that you will vote for a child molestor out of thirst of power and own it.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2017, 12:58:28 PM »

I think that Alabama would elect a socially conservative, economically populist Democrat.  Tax those latte-sipping elites in Manhattan and Hollywood to death, redistribute the money back to my family so my kids can get better health care.

There needs to be a Democratic wing that appeals to Southern whites - you can reframe it all.  I would advise all Democratic candidates in the South to really run faith-based campaigns and talk about issues within an evangelical framework.  For example, Creation Care for environmental protection.

It's a very hard sell, but there were Democrats in the olden days in the South that were not completely bought by special interests.  They were more populist and pro-consumer, pro-worker.  They were able to win and hold onto seats but they were traditionalists.  A lot of them were also segregationists.

Sometimes a party needs to give up some things to get a little of what it wants.  An Alabama Democratic senator will have to vote against abortion all of the time and even be very vocal about being pro-life.  There are cultural positions to take- for example, supporting Christian symbols on public property.  I don't see why there should be any fuss about having Biblical passages or the Ten Commandments in a state house or a courthouse.  Just let it go.

Make the fuss when there's a tax bill that's deliberately written for the wealthy.  Very few people in rural Alabama are represented by that bill.  It's a bill that will help Beverly Hills and the Upper East Side, not Alabama.

Good luck running that sort of candidate ina state where 90% of local Dems are black and vote in primaries. There already is an Alabama Democratic Party and they aren't eager to be thrown under the bus (nor should they be).
Aside from the segregationist bit, which no Democrat regardless if they are a San Fran liberal or Alabama blue dog would openly be in 2017, there is no reason black Alabama voters wouldn't vote for the described candidate. Black Southerners are conservative, pro-life, and against same-sex marriage. And considering most of the black population in the state live in impoverished, rural areas I can see the economic populism resonating with them.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2017, 08:08:26 PM »

Glad he drew the line at pedophilia but interesting that calling for the death of gay people and the belief that Muslims shouldn't be allowed to serve in Congress were A-OK.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2017, 10:42:08 PM »

Doug Jones and his people have been quiet about these issues and I have never even heard him say the man's name even before the accusations. He already has to tow a fine line to win statewide in Alabama. His campaign has been about him and his issues. He was never going to attack Moore too hard because he can't afford any increase in Republican turnout. His best bet was to focus on the issues and getting his people out and letting Moore hang himself.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2017, 08:18:27 AM »

I love how so many on the right are saying “we don’t have all the facts” and “innocent until proven guilty” like there weren’t “Hillary for Prison” and “Lock Her Up” bumper stickers and t-shirts plastered across every pick up truck and pot belly across the Deep Jim Crow South.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2017, 07:20:21 PM »

I'm sure most of those comments are from women. Misogyny is a helluva drug.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2017, 10:42:14 PM »

What needs to happen is that Alabama voters need to vote against a pedophile or stay home.
FTFY.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies