ME: Independents Gaining Traction (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:46:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  ME: Independents Gaining Traction (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME: Independents Gaining Traction  (Read 65013 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: April 15, 2017, 02:56:23 PM »

Maybe not if she gets a challenge in the primary Tongue
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 08:40:57 PM »

No Republican is ever going to run as a moderate again thanks to the Tea Party/TRUMP.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 09:32:10 PM »
« Edited: November 21, 2017, 09:34:40 PM by Maxwell »

No Republican is ever going to run as a moderate again thanks to the Tea Party/TRUMP.

There's Charlie Baker. And Larry Hogan. And Phil Scott.

There are still quite a few.

Those people are persona non grata in the national Republican Party and represent blue states. Don't be intellectually dishonest.

Whatever you say.

If they're unwelcome, then I assume they will all be primaried next year?

The Republican Party will become more of a big tent once again. It will happen. They are starts in that direction.

I'm pretty sure Charlie Baker is going to get a primary challenge. it won't be successful, but it will happen.

also lol. Massachusetts and Vermont are historically republican states where the GOP occasionally win over old moderates who usually vote Dem otherwise. (well, okay, maybe not Massachusetts thanks to their catholic population) Baker has no ability to build up the GOP in Massachusetts, let alone in the nation, and the Vermont GOP has zero influence on even their next door neighbors, the crackpot New Hampshire GOP.

In Maryland, sometimes people just get cranky about taxes and vote Republican for Governor. Larry Hogan is not new - his dad was a congressman, and Larry had been running for years, either through actual political campaigns or through anti-tax groups. Larry Hogan is also not particularly moderate. And either way, he's not exactly building the Maryland GOP either, rather running on his own as a monolith.

also, dude, I was a FISCONSOCLIB a while ago, I was waiting for the GOP to change in my direction but honestly there's no audience for it. The way the GOP wins is through culture war. that's about as simple as it gets.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies