The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:18:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40]
Poll
Question: So, to mix things up a little, I've been thinking about changing the network for the election updates every month. Which one should I do for February?
CNN
FOX News
ABC
CBS
Just stick with NBC.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 36483 times)
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #975 on: June 13, 2019, 01:32:42 PM »

ELECTION NIGHT 2020

Blitzer: Good evening. It is now 9:22 PM in the east, and we can make more projections in the race for the White House.

SHERROD BROWN WINS MINNESOTA

PHIL SCOTT WINS COLORADO

PHIL SCOTT WINS FLORIDA

PHIL SCOTT WINS VERMONT

Blitzer: And those are all the state calls for right now. Governor Scott strengthens his lead with those calls, 220 to 149. John Hickenlooper, what are we seeing out of the Senate races in those states?

Hickenlooper: Well, we've got a few more calls now, none in very surprising states.

BILL CASSIDY WINS IN LOUISIANA

MIKE POMPEO WINS IN KANSAS

Hickenlooper: And those are all the calls we can make right now. This makes the balance 48 to 39 as we wait for more seats to come in. Republicans now very close to hanging on to the Senate; meanwhile, in the House, the balance is 143 Republicans to 110 Democrats, but expect the Democrats to start catching back up as the night goes on.

Blitzer: John King, what are your thoughts on what's coming out of the uncalled states right now?

King: Well, there's a lot fewer states to go over now. Maine's looking very good for Governor Scott, while Michigan and Wisconsin look good for Senator Brown, and North Carolina, Virginia, and New Mexico aren't really definitely leaning either way.

Virginia
Phil Scott - 48.08%
Sherrod Brown - 47.36%
Rob Manfred - 3.97%
Adam Kokesh - 0.47%
Howie Hawkins - 0.12%
90% reporting

North Carolina
Sherrod Brown - 48.39%
Phil Scott - 47.89%
Rob Manfred - 3.35%
Adam Kokesh - 0.32%
Howie Hawkins - 0.05%
75% reporting

Maine
Phil Scott - 52.56%
Sherrod Brown - 44.12%
Rob Manfred - 2.95%
Adam Kokesh - 0.32%
Howie Hawkins - 0.05%
85% reporting

New Mexico
Phil Scott - 44.86%
Sherrod Brown - 44.72%
Rob Manfred - 10.05%
Adam Kokesh - 0.32%
Howie Hawkins - 0.05%
12% reporting

Michigan
Sherrod Brown - 49.22%
Phil Scott - 45.36%
Rob Manfred - 4.75%
Adam Kokesh - 0.62%
Howie Hawkins - 0.05%
10% reporting

Wisconsin
Sherrod Brown - 48.82%
Phil Scott - 46.76%
Rob Manfred - 4.05%
Adam Kokesh - 0.32%
Howie Hawkins - 0.05%
10% reporting
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #976 on: June 13, 2019, 03:06:20 PM »

ELECTION NIGHT 2020

Blitzer: Good evening. It is now 10 PM in the east, and we can make more projections in the race for the White House.

SHERROD BROWN WINS MAINE'S 1ST CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT

PHIL SCOTT WINS MAINE AT LARGE AND MAINE'S 2ND CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT

PHIL SCOTT WINS MONTANA

PHIL SCOTT WINS UTAH

PHIL SCOTT WINS NEVADA

Blitzer: And those are all the state calls for right now. Governor Scott strengthens his lead with those calls, 238 to 150. John Hickenlooper, what are we seeing out of the Senate races in those states?

Hickenlooper: Well, Iowa's another tight state that just closed, so we can't make a call there..or anywhere in the just-closed states, really, as Nevada and Utah aren't up, and Montana's too close to call at this time, as well. However, we do have a call from a state that's proving stubbornly unwilling to pull one way or the other in the presidential race, North Carolina.

KAY HAGAN WINS IN NORTH CAROLINA

Hickenlooper: And that is the only call we can make right now, but a substantial call to the flagging Democratic hopes of taking the Senate. This makes the balance 48 to 40 as we wait for more seats to come in. Republicans now very close to hanging on to the Senate; meanwhile, in the House, the balance is 150 Republicans to 120 Democrats, but expect the Democrats to start catching back up as the night goes on.

Blitzer: John King, what are your thoughts on what's coming out of the uncalled states right now?

King: Obviously, Iowa is expected to go for Senator Brown, as are the other Upper Midwestern states, but here's a really interesting dynamic: Virginia, which has usually been more Democratic-leaning than North Carolina, is looking better and better for Governor Scott, while North Carolina remains utterly in the balance. Which means, more and more, that Senator Brown might need North Carolina to win the election.

Virginia
Phil Scott - 48.38%
Sherrod Brown - 47.06%
Rob Manfred - 3.97%
Adam Kokesh - 0.47%
Howie Hawkins - 0.12%
97% reporting

North Carolina
Sherrod Brown - 48.29%
Phil Scott - 47.99%
Rob Manfred - 3.35%
Adam Kokesh - 0.32%
Howie Hawkins - 0.05%
85% reporting

New Mexico
Sherrod Brown - 45.72%
Phil Scott - 43.86%
Rob Manfred - 10.05%
Adam Kokesh - 0.32%
Howie Hawkins - 0.05%
31% reporting

Michigan
Sherrod Brown - 50.22%
Phil Scott - 44.36%
Rob Manfred - 4.75%
Adam Kokesh - 0.62%
Howie Hawkins - 0.05%
25% reporting

Wisconsin
Sherrod Brown - 49.82%
Phil Scott - 45.96%
Rob Manfred - 3.85%
Adam Kokesh - 0.32%
Howie Hawkins - 0.05%
24% reporting

Iowa
Sherrod Brown - 50.82%
Phil Scott - 44.96%
Rob Manfred - 3.85%
Adam Kokesh - 0.32%
Howie Hawkins - 0.05%
1% reporting
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #977 on: June 13, 2019, 03:21:11 PM »

ELECTION NIGHT 2020

Blitzer: Good evening. It is now 10:32 PM in the east, and we can make more projections in the race for the White House.

SHERROD BROWN WINS MICHIGAN

PHIL SCOTT WINS VIRGINIA

Blitzer: And those are all the state calls for right now. Governor Scott still ahead following those calls, 251 to 166. John Hickenlooper, what are we seeing out of the Senate races in those states?

Hickenlooper: Well, Iowa's another tight state that just closed, so we can't make a call there..or anywhere in the just-closed states, really, as Nevada and Utah aren't up, and Montana's too close to call at this time, as well. However, we do have a call from a state that's proving stubbornly unwilling to pull one way or the other in the presidential race, North Carolina.

GARY PETERS WINS IN MICHIGAN

TINA SMITH WINS IN MINNESOTA

JOHN CORNYN WINS IN TEXAS

Hickenlooper: Unfortunately for many of his fans, that call in Texas means that Beto O'Rourke has once again been defeated. This makes the balance 49 to 42 as we wait for more seats to come in. Republicans now very close to hanging on to the Senate; meanwhile, in the House, the balance is 157 Republicans to 128 Democrats, but expect the Democrats to keep catching back up as the night goes on.

King: Well, with Michigan under his belt, Senator Brown's main concern turns to holding Iowa and Wisconsin, as well as North Carolina. And while it may look like the Senator's on the defensive right now, we're expecting him to gain a lot of electoral votes come 11:00, as the "Left Coast," as it's often called, comes in strong for him.

North Carolina
Sherrod Brown - 48.69%
Phil Scott - 47.59%
Rob Manfred - 3.35%
Adam Kokesh - 0.32%
Howie Hawkins - 0.05%
92% reporting

New Mexico
Sherrod Brown - 47.72%
Phil Scott - 42.86%
Rob Manfred - 9.05%
Adam Kokesh - 0.32%
Howie Hawkins - 0.05%
45% reporting

Wisconsin
Sherrod Brown - 50.82%
Phil Scott - 44.96%
Rob Manfred - 3.85%
Adam Kokesh - 0.32%
Howie Hawkins - 0.05%
43% reporting

Iowa
Sherrod Brown - 51.22%
Phil Scott - 44.66%
Rob Manfred - 3.75%
Adam Kokesh - 0.32%
Howie Hawkins - 0.05%
15% reporting
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #978 on: June 13, 2019, 03:44:46 PM »

ELECTION NIGHT 2020

Blitzer: Good evening. It is now 11 PM in the east, and we can make more projections in the race for the White House.

SHERROD BROWN WINS CALIFORNIA

SHERROD BROWN WINS OREGON

SHERROD BROWN WINS WASHINGTON

SHERROD BROWN WINS HAWAII

SHERROD BROWN WINS WISCONSIN

SHERROD BROWN WINS IOWA

PHIL SCOTT WINS IDAHO

Blitzer: And those are all the state calls for right now. Senator Brown surging back into the lead, 260 to 255, which means it all rests on North Carolina for both candidates now. John Hickenlooper, what are we seeing out of the Senate races in those states?

Hickenlooper: Well, while we can't call the Presidency, we can call the Senate.

JEFF MERKLEY WINS IN OREGON

JIM RISCH WINS IN IDAHO

MARTHA MCSALLY WINS IN ARIZONA

Hickenlooper: And, on top of that, we have the first pickup of the night to report.

WILLIAM O'BRIEN WINS IN NEW HAMPSHIRE

Hickenlooper: This makes the balance 52 to 43, which means...

REPUBLICANS WILL HOLD THE UNITED STATES SENATE
Hickenlooper: Meanwhile, in the House, the balance is 182 Republicans to 175 Democrats, meaning the battle for the House is now in full swing.

King: As was suspected, Senator Brown has closed the gap between him and Governor Scott, bringing it all down to North Carolina, where the Senator leads by half a percentage point. Remember where you were tonight, folks, because this is a squeaker for the ages.

North Carolina
Sherrod Brown - 48.39%
Phil Scott - 47.89%
Rob Manfred - 3.35%
Adam Kokesh - 0.32%
Howie Hawkins - 0.05%
96% reporting

New Mexico
Sherrod Brown - 46.72%
Phil Scott - 43.86%
Rob Manfred - 9.05%
Adam Kokesh - 0.32%
Howie Hawkins - 0.05%
65% reporting
adamevans
United States

« Reply #979 on: June 13, 2019, 04:03:06 PM »

Keeping Voters in Lines

The Sherrod Brown campaign is pulling a strong effort to keep voters in lines to pull away a victory in North Carolina and New Mexico. Grassroots organizers and campaign volunteers are buying orders of fast food to send to hungry voters in long lines, hoping to secure more votes and higher turnout beneficial to the campaign. Social media organizers are keeping in contact with voters, sending massive text-and-email messages to remind voters that if they are in line by poll closing, they are allowed to vote. Line chants, phone-banking, every thing they can do to keep voters in line, knowing that strong turnout means good news for the Brown campaign to deliver the final, historic win.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #980 on: June 13, 2019, 04:07:46 PM »

So it's coming down to North Carolina...

"I don't think we have the numbers Governor, I mean-

"What about New Mexico?"

"Behind and it wouldn't matter."

"What do the grassroots say, the volunteers?"

"Well, it's close. We're putting every effort in in the rural areas. But it's not gonna be enough."

"Governor, you might want to look over your speech...."

"Which one..."

"Here it is Governor."

"Senator Brown, it's great to talk to ya again. Look, I want to congratulate you. You won, you've got a tremendous campaign, devoted volunteers, a lovely and courageous wife. Connie's great. You ran hard, you ran well. I want to concede Senator, and offer you my full support. Anything you want me to do to support your administration, your transition, I'm up for it.........Thank you Senator. I just want you to know that I hope the Republican Party works with you to better this country, and help the working man. I hope you listen to my supporters too, and every American. But I know you will Senator. You're that kinda guy.....Thank you Sherrod. It means a lot, thanks. Congratulations Sherrod."  
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #981 on: June 13, 2019, 04:13:21 PM »

ELECTION NIGHT 2020

Blitzer: Good evening. It is now 11:47 PM in the east, and we can make a pair of decisive projections in the race for the White House.

SHERROD BROWN WINS NEW MEXICO

SHERROD BROWN WINS NORTH CAROLINA

Blitzer: Senator Brown at 280 electoral votes no, which means...

SHERROD BROWN WILL BE THE 46TH PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES
Blitzer: John Hickenlooper, what are we seeing out of the Senate races now?

Hickenlooper: We can project, and I'm not joking, three pickups all at once.

CHET CULVER WINS IN IOWA

SUSANA MARTINEZ WINS IN NEW MEXICO

MARK UDALL WINS IN COLORADO

Hickenlooper: And a last-minute surprise here...

STEVE BULLOCK WINS IN MONTANA

Hickenlooper: This makes the balance 53 to 46; meanwhile, in the House, the balance is 195 Republicans to 189 Democrats, meaning the battle for the House is now in full swing.

Blitzer: John King, what are your thoughts on this historic night?

King: I say, well done to both candidates; this was the hardest-fought race, I think, since 1960. Fine campaigning on both sides. We'll have final results out in just a little bit. For those of you still wondering, go ahead and mark Alaska as in the Scott-Sullivan camp, and thanks for watching.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #982 on: June 13, 2019, 04:35:10 PM »

Final Results

US Senate

54 Republicans, 46 Democrats
Incoming Freshmen:
Bradley Byrne (R-AL)
Chet Culver (D-IA)
Mike Pompeo (R-KS)
Steve Bullock (D-MT)
William O'Brien (R-NH)
Susana Martinez (R-NM)
Bill Haslam (R-TN)
Liz Cheney (R-WY)

US House
219 Democrats, 216 Republicans

US President
Electoral Vote

Sherrod Brown/Alex Sink - 280 electoral votes
Phil Scott/Marco Rubio - 258 electoral votes

Popular Vote
Sherrod Brown/Alex Sink - 47.8%
Phil Scott/Marco Rubio - 47.6%
Rob Manfred/Gary Johnson - 4.2%
Adam Kokesh/Sam Seder - 0.3%
Howie Hawkins/Dario Hunter - 0.1%

Closest States
North Carolina - 0.38%
Virginia - 1.10%
Vermont - 1.23%
New Mexico - 2.01%
Wisconsin - 2.68%

January 20, 2021
Washington

"Ladies and gentlemen, it has been an honor for me to serve you these past eight years."

Booming applause sounded as President Mitt Romney waved to the crowd that had come to witness the inauguration of his successor. As he stepped down from the podium, he shook the next President's hand, and sat down. The 46th President took the stage, and all was quiet.

Chief Justice Roberts spoke solemnly: "Please raise your right hand, and repeat after me."

"I, Sherrod Campbell Brown, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States, and will, to the best of my ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States. So help me God."

Thanks to everyone who played in this game and made it such a memorable one. You were all great, and I can't wait to play with you all again!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #983 on: June 13, 2019, 05:00:45 PM »

It was an honor

Night set in in Vermont. The stars shined over the crowd outside Burlington. Some cried, some sat. Some slept. Some ate. The mood had shifted from nerves and worry, to joy, then to nerves, and to sadness. But this came to an end as Phil Scott emerged on stage with his wife and kids, as well as Senator Rubio with his wife and children.

".....I want to thank every volunteer who got out there and knocked on doors. Who made calls, this movement is nothing with you. And this movement, it's meant the world to me watching it grow. Committed, patriotic Americans, pitching in for a better future. There's nothing else like it. And this movement is bigger than any election, or any electoral contest. It's about people, not politics. About people helping their communities, their friends and neighbors. And I can think of no better example then the natural beauty around us. Preserving that beauty for the future, and future generations is just one way we build this movement. A movement of people who think that politics is about service, not partisan self destruction. I believe that you the people, and you our children, can achieve a better future. I hope Senator Brown can help deliver that future. So I concede the race, he ran a hard fought campaign. He fought for every vote, and he's a fighter for working people, no denying it. I offer him my full support, and pray for his success as our President and Commander in Chief. I hope he can deliver us new prosperity. And a stronger, better, less viciously partisan future......

I must thank Senator Rubio for his commitment to this campaign, and his loyal service to the state of Florida. And President Romney for his loyal service as President. Thank you Mr. President for your service, and commitment to this nation and it's founding ideals of liberty and opportunity. But I must thank Diana, the love of my life for supporting me during these trying times, and this long campaign. I love you Diana, and I never would've given that speech here in Burlington, two years ago, without your love and support. And my amazing daughters Erica and Rachael. I love you girls, and your love, and support means everything to me. There's nothing I could do without it. Thank you Vermonters, thank you Americans, and god bless the United States of America!

Phil waves to the crowd, before returning backstage.
EvanHunt
United States

« Reply #984 on: June 13, 2019, 06:54:57 PM »

I loved watching this play out.
adamevans
United States

« Reply #985 on: June 14, 2019, 11:13:37 AM »

(victory speech coming soon)
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #986 on: June 14, 2019, 06:22:18 PM »

Haha, good to see this ended well. I may have left months ago, but I had a lot of fun and I assume the players did too. You were an awesome GM, Dat.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #987 on: June 14, 2019, 06:46:16 PM »

Haha, good to see this ended well. I may have left months ago, but I had a lot of fun and I assume the players did too. You were an awesome GM, Dat.

Thanks, man. You were a great player.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies