Redistribution of Federal Electoral Districts 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:41:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Redistribution of Federal Electoral Districts 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Redistribution of Federal Electoral Districts 2012  (Read 178437 times)
deafcat27
« on: June 18, 2014, 10:29:21 PM »

Northumberland—Pine Ridge changed to Northumberland—Peterborough South
Leaving the 16,250 people of the Newcastle area no longer reflected in the name. Could have been Northumberland—Newcastle—Peterborough South. Only 11,063 people are in "Peterborough South."

I think this would be more appropriate:
Northumberland-Clarke-Peteborough South

I think the historical name for the area in Clarington that is in this riding is more appropriate then just one town. There's just to many.

Clarke Township was created in 1792 out of the communities that would become the easternmsot ward of Clarington in 1974. And only the easternmost is in the Northumberland-Peterborough SOuth Riding.

deafcat27
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 01:27:07 PM »

Can anyone confirm or deny this.

I do live in Ward 4 of Clarington, so because of this I'm voting in the new Northumberland-Peterborough South Riding. (The Orono Weekly Times has picked up on the naming issue)

My local council representative keeps referring to Rick Norlock being our MP since the riding was made final.

I told her, that even though the ridings are final,

Since there has been no election where we have voted in the new riding, Erin O"Toole (Durham) still remains our representive at the federal level.

Can someone confirm or am I completely wrong and Rick Norlock is indeed now my MP despite the fact I didn't vote for him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies