Romney SLAMS Trump; first excerpts from speech
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 02:35:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Romney SLAMS Trump; first excerpts from speech
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Romney SLAMS Trump; first excerpts from speech  (Read 4562 times)
standwrand
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.55, S: -2.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2016, 10:54:48 AM »

Frankly, while this a pretty forceful speech, I don't see how the establishment former nominee slamming Drumpf necessarily hurts him. Maybe it does, but I don't really think it will.

probably won't hurt him in the primary, but attacks like this sure won't help him win the general.

They sure don't like him, but would the establishment GOP rather have Drumpf nominating the next SCOTUS justice or Clinton?

Clinton, definitely. At this point, they're just trying to keep the senate majority. They've given up on the WH
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2016, 12:14:31 PM »

As a Republican-leaning independent, I'd rather have Hillary picking the next SCOTUS than Trump.

Say what you will about her (I am no fan) but at least she isn't a racist who's policies could potentially destroy literally everything we love about America. She has differing views than Republicans, but at least she's patriotic.

Trump is anti-American, anti-Christian, anti-anything but himself.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2016, 12:18:02 PM »

I'm a strong Democrat and agree Trump is racist, but how is he unpatriotic who would destroy everything we love about America? How would his SCOTUS pick defer from a typical Republican SCOTUS pick?
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2016, 12:19:17 PM »

Lol Christianity is such a stupid religion.  TRUMP > Jesus
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2016, 12:36:13 PM »

Can somebody point me to a read on how Romney or anybody else could wrestle the nomination away from Trump. Can it only happen if he lacks a majority?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2016, 12:43:45 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2016, 12:48:03 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market »

Yes, I like Trump because I dislike the Christians and love him. He's genius. (But we are going to start saying Merry Christmas again)
swf541

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2016, 12:44:50 PM »

Wow, this is going to backfire so badly on the GOP
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2016, 12:50:28 PM »

Breitbart just compared Romney to Adlai Stevenson. It's a perfect comparison.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2016, 01:00:23 PM »

No way he endorses Trump in the general after this.
I Will Not Be Wrong
outofbox6
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2016, 01:00:56 PM »

Has he given the speech yet?
Reginald
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2016, 01:01:34 PM »

Why does Romney think anyone in this particular electorate cares about what he has to say? Conservatives have never liked him. They nominated him in 2012 essentially kicking and screaming. This is just reinforcing the narrative that Trump scares the RINOs.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2016, 01:29:08 PM »

Frankly, while this a pretty forceful speech, I don't see how the establishment former nominee slamming Trump necessarily hurts him. Maybe it does, but I don't really think it will.

Ok, let's just think about this for a minute. The big reason Trump is doing so well this cycle is that people are finally sick and tired of being told specific things by politicians when they're trying to get elected and then having these same folks completely ignore the very things that put them in office. Who's most responsible for Donald Trump's popularity this cycle? No, not Donald Trump, the "establishment" people that are currently wetting themselves because Trump is doing so well. So what does this brain trust come up with to counter balance the populism of Trump? Well, let's have the losing establishment candidate that ran in the last cycle give a speech about how terrible Trump is, that should fix everything.

If anything, this is simply another indication of the complete and utter disconnect that exists between the expectations/concerns of those in the electorate and those who run the major political parties. If Romney needed further evidence of his being inconsequential, he's about to get it.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2016, 01:33:17 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2016, 01:40:02 PM »

Just about everything Romney says in this speech is true.
Everything trump says or does is un-Presidential. He acts like more of a spoiled-bratty-child than an adult. He would be a disaster for America.
All this infighting will only give the Democrats more ammunition (in ads) for the general election.

Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2016, 01:42:35 PM »

I love the fact that the establishment is giving so much ammo to the Dems in the general without even denting Trump in the primary.  Bring it on!
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2016, 01:46:45 PM »

I love the fact that the establishment is giving so much ammo to the Dems in the general without even denting Trump in the primary.  Bring it on!

If calling Trump not a real conservative is ammo in a general...
bballrox4717

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.65

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2016, 01:52:15 PM »

Just about everything Romney says in this speech is true.
Everything trump says or does is un-Presidential. He acts like more of a spoiled-bratty-child than an adult. He would be a disaster for America.
All this infighting will only give the Democrats more ammunition (in ads) for the general election.

He's the wrong messenger though. Romney is up there telling them how Trump is a failure, takes advantage of people and hasn't earned anything he's got. Meanwhile, Romney is the son of a millionaire politician who made millions off of failing businesses and failed as a presidential candidate twice. He got up on a stage 4 years ago, and not only refused to repudiate Trump's ignorant comments  about Obama, but wholeheartedly accepted Trump's endorsement, praising him and his success as a businessman.

I don't see how Romney has any sort of credibility with the Republican primary electorate right now. The only good this speech does is to give cover for more politicians to join the #neverTrump movement. Romney's only accelerating the rift in the GOP right now.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2016, 01:52:55 PM »

Romney has essentially confirmed the official Establishment plan is now to force a contested convention.   That is kind of astounding.   
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2016, 01:55:57 PM »

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2016, 01:56:12 PM »

This is amazing. I love it. We live in such a time
Firestorm
Rookie

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2016, 01:59:43 PM »

I wonder if they'll trot out McCain, W and HW Bush, and even rope Dole into speaking out against Trump.  Have every living Republican presidential nominee anti-endorse him.
Is he still alive?

Anyway: inventor of Obamacare out cucking against Trump in the very heart of Mormondom. Pretty sure this ain't going to work.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2016, 02:00:04 PM »

Frankly, while this a pretty forceful speech, I don't see how the establishment former nominee slamming Trump necessarily hurts him. Maybe it does, but I don't really think it will.

Ok, let's just think about this for a minute. The big reason Trump is doing so well this cycle is that people are finally sick and tired of being told specific things by politicians when they're trying to get elected and then having these same folks completely ignore the very things that put them in office. Who's most responsible for Donald Trump's popularity this cycle? No, not Donald Trump, the "establishment" people that are currently wetting themselves because Trump is doing so well. So what does this brain trust come up with to counter balance the populism of Trump? Well, let's have the losing establishment candidate that ran in the last cycle give a speech about how terrible Trump is, that should fix everything.

If anything, this is simply another indication of the complete and utter disconnect that exists between the expectations/concerns of those in the electorate and those who run the major political parties. If Romney needed further evidence of his being inconsequential, he's about to get it.

Bullsh**t.

Trump is doing so well because chicken's have come to roast due to the GOP embracing these clowns back in 2009.

Anyway, this may be good for the party in the long run. Chances are Trump is going to get killed in the GE and then the party elites can finally rid themselves of the more unsavory people of their party.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2016, 02:02:20 PM »
« Edited: March 03, 2016, 02:13:07 PM by Lincoln Republican »

At last, someone who has the guts to tell the full truth publicly about  the megalomaniac Trump.

Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2016, 02:05:40 PM »

This coming from a political legacy. Enough with Romneys, Clintons, Kennedys, Bushes, and all these phoneys.

We the PEOPLE not We the few
Firestorm
Rookie

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2016, 02:05:55 PM »

Romney needs to go back to Mexico with his five grandma's.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies