1988 Yugo with 438 miles for sale
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:51:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1988 Yugo with 438 miles for sale  (Read 200 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 24, 2019, 06:23:06 PM »

Did you miss out in 1988 and not buy a YUGO? I sort of have a time machine and can take you back to 1988 and get you a like new YUGO GV. This beauty was driven 468 miles and parked in a garage and forgotten until now. It has been covered up like a baby and preserved. It will need some TLC to get back on the road but it sits in showroom condition with the original plastic still protecting the doors and seatbelts. The battery was removed for storage. Front seat covers have protected the seats. This car is being sold as is and buyer will be responsible for pick up hauling. In addition to the "like new" Yugo we also have a matching junker for parts etc (last pic is of the junker). This is a buy one get one deal. Buyer must take both vehicles and arrange for all transport. I am offering this car at 9k but I am open to offers as this is hard to put a price on....there is nothing like it available in the USA. Yugo only sold about 140,000 cars in the USA during the 8 years they were for sale. Truly a unique offering I am doubtful you will see again, so if you missed it in 88 don't miss it again!
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 10:53:42 PM »

My dad's first car was a Yugo Zastava 750. He used to tell me these jokes about it:

How do you get a Yugo to go 50 mph? You push it off a cliff

Why do Yugo's come with a rear window defrost? To keep your hands warm when you push it during the winter because it wont start
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 03:00:01 AM »

My dad's first car was a Yugo Zastava 750. He used to tell me these jokes about it:

Why do Yugo's come with a rear window defrost? To keep your hands warm when you push it during the winter because it wont start

Lmao, did your dad used to live in Yugoslavia?
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 08:10:10 AM »

There was another joke from those days that Cadillac was going to buy Yugo.  Why?  They'd put a Yugo in the trunk of every Caddy as a spare.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 08:05:19 PM »

Lol 438 miles is enough to break one of those things.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2019, 09:06:04 PM »

She'll go 300 hectares on a single tank of kerosene.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 12:03:55 AM »

There was another joke from those days that Cadillac was going to buy Yugo.  Why?  They'd put a Yugo in the trunk of every Caddy as a spare.

One of the Rocky and Bullwinkle shorts, there was a skit about dealing with a flat. "The Bullwinkle Van Moose method is you get out the spare... car that is".

This reminded me of that.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies