An Olawakandi Center for Burn Victims (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 11:58:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  An Olawakandi Center for Burn Victims (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: An Olawakandi Center for Burn Victims  (Read 62603 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: February 08, 2017, 02:45:48 PM »

Pointing out that college educated voters are trending D and WWC voters are trending R is not being a pretentious idiot.

please don't sign your posts, thanks

Oh sn#p.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 12:13:20 AM »

Now that I've calmed down, I was probably too quick to call him awful, on second thought. His posts on that thread were awful, but otherwise he's a great poster.

What thread is this?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 04:52:56 PM »

"Read is how you will". Profound.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 05:06:34 PM »

Really, nothing better for you to do?  All you can do is sit at home and critique people on the internet in grammar usage for fun, instead of doing something which is more important for your life goals.  This is what you spend your time doing.   

I got back from work and pressed the "new" button next to threads. I study most of the day on weekends.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 07:20:23 PM »

"Gnostic" is a useless catch-all label that encompasses many wildly different and contradictory schools of thought and Gnosticism is usually loved by contrarians who love the losing side of history.

In a Gnostic world, Greatest I Am: "Today's Christianity has an elitist focus on secret knowledge and that only a select few can receive salvation through gnosis. The early Christian heresy of "Chalcedonianism" was far more progressive and extended salvation to all without access to special knowledge or study and lacks the elitist class bias of our inferior Gnostic form of Christianity."
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 07:55:31 PM »

I am unsure how comfortable I am with my name on this thing.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 08:36:37 AM »

I guess I'll consent until someone worthy emerges.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2017, 05:09:44 PM »

Actually read the op and almost all terrible(few exceptions, eg minimum wage increase).

how is the taxing tax shelters bad, how is the college plan bad , how is the healthcare plan bad ,and how is giving incentives to  corporations not shipping jobs overseas bad.

STEM needs more money, humanities don't need much, if any cutting. Buying insurance across state lines doesn't solve anything. People overseas need jobs too, and their economies need it to develop.

I said we should cut humanities programs to fund job training and trade schools . I never said STEM doesn't , as those degrees get people jobs . I clearly said we should cut funding from degrees that don't get people jobs .

Yes  People  in other counties do need  jobs ,but our goverment first priority is to make sure people in our own country get jobs . 
You are what happens when government cuts humanities funding.

Dammit, Scott, beat me to it! Tongue

(In Gateway's defense, my humanities degree has yet to land me stable employment, but seriously, f#ck him)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 06:24:39 PM »

Actually read the op and almost all terrible(few exceptions, eg minimum wage increase).

how is the taxing tax shelters bad, how is the college plan bad , how is the healthcare plan bad ,and how is giving incentives to  corporations not shipping jobs overseas bad.

STEM needs more money, humanities don't need much, if any cutting. Buying insurance across state lines doesn't solve anything. People overseas need jobs too, and their economies need it to develop.

I said we should cut humanities programs to fund job training and trade schools . I never said STEM doesn't , as those degrees get people jobs . I clearly said we should cut funding from degrees that don't get people jobs .

Yes  People  in other counties do need  jobs ,but our goverment first priority is to make sure people in our own country get jobs . 
You are what happens when government cuts humanities funding.

Dammit, Scott, beat me to it! Tongue

(In Gateway's defense, my humanities degree has yet to land me stable employment, but seriously, f#ck him)

You have a degree already?

I'm... 21.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2017, 06:31:20 PM »

November. Surprisingly enough, a lot of people I know had birthdays around or after mine and still graduated with me or before me. 17 + 4. I left school with about 23 more credits than necessary for a bachelor's degree (though I had 9 credits' worth'a help from AP tests).
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2017, 08:22:15 PM »

You two are both more likely to survive your first year after undergrad in dignity than I, so take heart.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 07:24:21 AM »
« Edited: May 30, 2017, 10:40:12 AM by TexasGurl »

The fact that you guys will delete that, but do nothing about Klartext really does show how bad the state of this forum is.

Everybody has their own hit list. Why can't we all just get along?  Anyway, I repeat, sometimes offensive posts do not violate the TOS. The most frustrating situations are when a poster avoids personal attacks, and has opinions that many or most find horrific (and sometimes even frightening), but they fall short of outright bigotry and hatred. Remember that poll I had about whether being an incorrigible jerk should violate the TOS? Forum opinion on that was split down the middle. It's clear to me, that there is no set for forum policies that will not have their share of critics. And that is putting aside what DAVE wants, as if one puts him on "ignore." Such is life.
Can't we all just f*&%ing get along?

That's up to you guys.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 02:14:56 PM »

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 03:02:48 PM »

As one poster put in his signature:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

- Abraham Lincoln, 16th President
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2018, 08:51:09 PM »

Not trying to be rude, but who on earth is Joey1996?

A newbie who said like one cool thing once.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 02:11:36 PM »

Merged.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies