Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 04:21:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Out to Pasture (2020 Election Game) Gameplay Thread  (Read 31605 times)
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« on: January 26, 2020, 08:00:27 PM »

Credit: @NikkiHaley on Twitter

Fmr. South Carolina Governor and U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley endorses Ivanka Trump for 2020

In a surprise move today, Fmr. South Carolina Governor and UN Ambassador Nikki Haley endorsed her successor as UN Ambassador Ivanka Trump for the Republican Nomination, a move strongly seen as solidifying the GOP’s powerful female bloc of voters and the critical primary state of South Carolina.

Quote from: @NikkiHaley
I am proud to announce my endorsement of @IvankaTrump for the 2020 Republican nomination! As a spectacular public servant and good friend, I’ve seen firsthand her tenacity, strength and conviction. She’s been hard at work advancing global women’s economic empowerment and promoting U.S. priorities around the globe at the UN. Our party needs a leader ready to take on the challenges of this new decade. Ivanka Trump is that leader. #Ivanka2020 #AmericaStrong

Quote from: @NikkiHaley
In the next couple weeks I’m excited to hit the ground running for @IvankaTrump. I invite everyone to join us as we kickoff @Ivanka2020 in Charleston, SC on January 28th.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 08:01:35 PM »

Source: Wikimedia Commons

Ivanka Trump becomes first Republican to sign the No PAC Pledge

In a surprising move, Ivanka Trump has announced she will also sign on to the No PAC Pledge — a move clearly meant to differentiate herself from other Republicans running for President, and with an estimated net worth of $300 million, she will follow in her fathers footsteps of largely self financing her campaign in addition to an aggressive fundraising apparatus.

Quote from: @IvankaTrump
I am proud to be the first Republican to sign on to the #NoPACPledge. I want this to be a campaign for the people and of the people, millions of patriotic Americans coming together to stand up to the Washington elites and reclaim our country. I will not allow myself or this campaign to be beholden to any special interests — we need a President who is accountable to you, the American people, and only you. #NotForSale #AmericaStrong
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2020, 08:58:29 PM »
« Edited: January 26, 2020, 10:16:38 PM by iBizzBee »

Source: BBC
Nikki Haley Introduces Ivanka Trump at Charleston, SC rally - “A Leader prepared to fight for all of us”

Quote from: Nikki Haley — Charleston, SC
It's great to be in South Carolina and even better to be in Charleston where I was born. It's fitting to be here at the Snowden House, the place that once served as the home of the Charleston Women's Club. I stand here today in front of many friends and family and my fellow South Carolinian’s to formally announce my endorsement of Ivanka Trump for President of the United States!

I wanted somebody with fight, I wanted somebody with passion, I wanted somebody who had the conviction to do the right thing, I also wanted somebody humble enough to remember she works for all the people. But most importantly, I wanted somebody who could show my parents that the best decision they ever made for their children was coming to America

If we elect Ivanka Trump, every day will be a great day in America. She’s a leader prepared to fight for all of us — for every American, no matter who you are, where you came from, or which political party you belong to. I was proud to serve in President Trump’s administration, standing up for our country and fighting for American interests around the globe — As a spectacular public servant and good friend, I’ve seen firsthand her tenacity, strength and conviction. She’s been hard at work advancing global women’s economic empowerment and promoting U.S. priorities around the globe at the UN. Our party needs a leader ready to take on the challenges of this new decade, and I believe Ivanka Trump is that leader.

And so without further adieu, I would like to introduce my good friend — Ivanka Trump!

Ivanka walks out on stage and embraces Nikki as the two then turn to wave to the crowd and Ivanka takes the podium.

Quote from: Ivanka Trump — Charleston, SC
Wow, what a crowd! I would first like to offer my thanks to Nikki, you know the first thing I said after being appointed as UN Ambassador was that I had some pretty big shoes to fill coming after such a strong public servant, and as you all know in South Carolina, a superb Governor. I’m honored to have you on our team Nikki, and together, we will reignite and carry on the movement my Father started four years ago!

I am running for President because I am grateful for the blessings God and this country have given to me, and not because of the position of the office, but because I am determined that every American deserves these blessings and that together we can once again strengthen America and restore the promise of the future. I want to bring a voice, your voice, to the White House, to secure the promise of the future for our generation and generations to come.

My decision to run reflects no animosity or disrespect toward President Pence. He served my Father with the utmost loyalty and was extremely kind to me and members of my family in the difficult weeks which followed December 2018 and I have the deepest sympathy for the burden that he carries today.

But the issue is not personal. It is our profound differences over where our country must go and the best ways to achieve what we want to accomplish. My Father understood that we will never fix Washington from the inside unless we send someone to Washington from the outside.

And I want to continue his work.

Together, we can do this. Together we can reign in all the corruption, politics as usual and waste that has become Washington and instead leave a better America for future generations.

Together we can make a team that can't be beat!

Together we can secure the promise of the future.

Together we can - and together we will!

God bless you and God bless the United States of America! Let’s get to work!

iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 10:03:51 PM »

Trump campaign touts ‘Innovative New Health Care Plan’

One of the most important issues facing our country is health care. Every single American has a right to quality, affordable health care — and while politicians on both sides in Washington have been talking about this issue for decades, I’m ready to actually get something done. Excited to announce our campaign will be unveiling an innovative new health care proposal in the upcoming weeks — a plan designed to ensure every American has access to our world class health care system. The broken ACA must be repealed, yes, but more importantly is what we plan to replace it with. Stay tuned. #RepealAndReplace #AmericaStrong

Campaign Spokeswoman Kimberley Allen refused to budge on specifics, but emphasized that this would be a proposal that hasn’t been talked about before, and one the campaign believes can achieve bipartisan support in congress under a Trump administration.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2020, 07:43:48 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2020, 07:59:10 PM by iBizzBee »

Source: Independent.co.uk

Ivanka Trump in Manchester, NH - “Paid family leave, affordable child care are the bedrocks of stronger American families”

Quote from: Ivanka Trump — Manchester, NH
Thank you Manchester! It’s an honor to be in this beautiful city, a place I had the pleasure of visiting many times with my father four years ago, and indeed a place that truly helped kickstart our ‘Make America Great’ movement.

I want to first and forth most speak on the ugliness that has so quickly and perniciously engulfed our nominating process. Indeed, it seems like the swamp has reared its head again, and instead of putting forth policy proposals and ideas meant to lift all of you, the American people, up — so many of my fellow candidates for President, Democrat and Republican, have decided to sling mud and personal attacks.

I won’t be apart of this.

You see today Americans are experiencing, through no fault of their own, something that is totally foreign to them - a sense that the deck is stacked against them by forces totally beyond their control. No matter how hard they work, save, and plan, the opportunities are not there for them as they were for previous generations. And it seems like politicians in Washington are too preoccupied, with smear campaigns, infighting, and keeping power to themselves — to do anything about it.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is totally unacceptable and it is totally un-American.

And it won’t continue, not as long as I have anything to say about it.

We need to reclaim our birthright as Americans, the right to the pursuit of happiness, the right to live our lives free from overbearing government, the right to raise happy, healthy families and pass onto our children a stronger and better America — a truly great America.

To this end, my campaign is today rolling out a comprehensive paid family leave plan, that includes expanding access to affordable child care to millions of families once those families return to work.

As a mother myself, of three young children, I know how hard it is to work while raising a family. And I also know that I'm far more fortunate than most. American families need relief. Policies that allow women with children to thrive should not be distant goals, they should be the norm. With more women working today than ever before, we now have a historic opportunity to enact long overdue reforms. It's time to pass paid family leave and expand access to quality child care.

Under my plan, any company with more than 25 employees will be required to offer its employees 12 weeks of paid parental leave, with full pay. Period. Both Mother and Father will have access to this option, however if both parents decide to take leave then the reimbursement rate will be dropped to 75% for both parents.

This will allow families a level of flexibility in child care that is completely normal all around the world, but sadly lacking here in America. It’s the kind of flexibility a vibrant economy and families all across our country need to thrive and survive.

In return, the federal government will give these companies the right to write off expenses incurred by the temporary leave of their employees. And as a businesswoman I can confidently tell you, employees who are well rested and who feel respected at work and dignified at home are productive employees ready to succeed at work.

But that’s only part of the solution, in regards to making sure every family has access to quality, affordable child care my administration will also announce a proposal to match parents for child care, up to $500 a month per child. We will also make huge investments in locally owned child care facilities that will offer discount rates to low and middle income families, giving these families the flexibility and support they need to raise happy, healthy children.

These can’t be partisan issues, both Republicans and Democrats must come together to find solutions to the problems politicians on both sides have been talking about for decades.

The status quo of talking about these issues must be finished, we need a President with the determination to look at the problems we face, and the drive to come up with solutions that all Americans can come together around — and Manchester, if you give me that chance, I will be that President for America.

Thank you all! God bless you! God bless America! Let’s get to work!

Spokeswoman Kimberley Allen said a more detailed proposal would be released in the next couple days. With the proposal, Ivanka is clearly moving to secure her support among both female voters as well as independent minded voters who might lean Republican but see the party as only supporting corporations or elites, in a move clearly set to differentiate herself as a ‘different kind’ of Republican.

Trump Campaign Remains Non-Committal on Tax Proposal

The Trump campaign has also remained non-committal on the Presidents tax plan, though many inside sources say the candidate is skeptical of how it will be paid for given the Presidents lack of specifics. There is a general feeling that her Father’s tax cut proposals in 2017 went far enough, and that any further proposals for the moment should be focused on closing loopholes and providing investment incentives for small and medium sized businesses.

As an active member of the President’s cabinet, it seems unlikely that Ivanka would openly come out again the administrations policies — but in private the candidate has expressed strong reservations, and clearly believes it isn’t the best way forward.  
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2020, 07:56:45 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2020, 08:00:44 PM by iBizzBee »

Ivanka Trump declines to take part in CNN Debate; “So we can hear politicians talk about the same tired slogans they’ve been talking about for decades? No thanks”; Will host town hall in NH instead.

In a surprising move, Presidential candidate Ivanka Trump has declined to take part in the CNN debate, describing it as a politicians ‘circus’ wherein she expects nothing more than the same tired platitudes and campaign slogans that “politicians have been repeating ad nauseam” for decades.

Quote from: Ivanka Trump
Look, I think it’s important we tell the American people where we stand — but I also think most Americans are sick and tired of politicians talking about the same issues they’ve been talking about for decades with tired campaign slogans and platitudes. So you know, my response? No thanks.

Instead, my campaign will be going straight to the people and hosting a town hall right in middle America where we expect all Americans of every gender, race, creed, and political persuasion to show up and hear a candidate actually concerned about their issues and the problems their families are facing.

We won’t make America great again by following the same old tired playbook.

The town hall will be hosted the day after the CNN debate, and will feature an open style whereby members of the crowd will be free to ask the candidate any questions, totally unscripted. While a risky move in some ways, the format continues Ivanka’s drive to show herself as a political outsider and a ‘New Type of Republican’ like her father but also in her own style.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2020, 08:04:53 PM »

Of course I would be open to working with the President @PresidentPence on a comprehensive paid family leave plan; the American people need action, and if it benefits them I’m willing to work with anyone and everyone to get the job done.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2020, 11:48:48 AM »

Ivanka Trump Launches First Primary Ad; “America Strong”
To air in all early primary states on local networks and nationally.

I’m Ivanka Trump, and I approve this message.

Narrator: Have you seen the negative attack ads?

-Tweets by Rand Paul, Rob Portman and Mike Pence flash on screen-

-Video of Rand Paul and Rob Portman repeatedly voting ‘No!’ on the tax bill-

Narrator: While the swamp is busy tearing each other down, Ivanka Trump is hard at work fighting for you, — announcing bold new ideas like paid family leave, affordable child care, and an end to corporate influence on our elections.

-Video of Ivanka campaigning with Nikki Haley and shaking hands with crowds in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina flow across the screen-

Narrator: We need a President with the determination to get the job done. At the negotiating table (Video of Ivanka sitting in a boardroom as Vice President of the Trump Organization) in the situation room (Video of Ivanka at the United Nations Security Council, pointedly gesturing at the Russian Ambassador) and always on your side.

Ivanka Trump in Manchester NH: “ We need to reclaim our birthright as Americans, the right to the pursuit of happiness, the right to live our lives free from overbearing government, the right to raise happy, healthy families and pass onto our children a stronger and better America — a truly great America.”

Narrator: She’s a new kind of Republican, one we can trust — to get the job done.

Ivanka Trump, America Strong.

Video fades out to a picture of Ivanka campaigning with Donald Trump in 2016.

JIM WATSON/AFP/Getty Images
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2020, 01:38:40 PM »

@PresidentPence, I accept your offer to meet with you at the White House to discuss the urgent need for paid family leave and affordable child care. Families across America, and particularly women, are in desperate need of urgent reform on these matters, and I believe it’s incumbent upon this administration to act with swiftness.

Spokeswoman Kimberley Allen confirmed that members of President Pence and Ambassador Trump’s teams would both be reaching out to each other to make arrangements in the upcoming days.
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2020, 04:50:07 PM »

Source: Newsweek

Marco Rubio Endorses Ivanka Trump at Miami Rally; “Let’s get to work with Ivanka Trump”

Quote from: Marco Rubio — Miami, FL
After weeks of deliberation and prayer about the future of our country, I have come here tonight to make an announcement — and that announcement is that I will be endorsing Ivanka Trump for our parties nomination and for President.

I do not make this decision lightly; as endorsing one for the highest office in our land must be a decision made with the utmost forethought and consideration; likewise I hold no ill will or animosity towards President Pence or my fellow Senators running for President; however it has become clear in recent months that our country is in sore need of monumental change and new leadership, leadership from beyond the halls of what Washington DC can provide, — and I believe Ivanka Trump is the leader best positioned and prepared to take on the challenges our country is facing, and to reignite the movement to Make America, truly, Great Again.

I am here tonight making this endorsement because like you I know that it is now or never. I’m in it to win it because we believe in America. We all have a part in this. We all have a responsibility. Looking around at all of you, you hardworking Florida families. You farm families, and teachers, and teamsters, and cops, and cooks. I see you, and so does Ivanka, so let’s get to work with Ivanka Trump!

Ivanka embraces Marco and the two then turn to wave at the crowd as she takes the podium.

Quote from: Ivanka Trump — Miami, FL
Thank you sunshine state for the warm welcome!

Let me start off by saying thank you Marco, as you said we haven’t got a moment to lose, and we are here tonight because we believe in America, we believe in her greatness and potential, and I am more confident than ever that despite our troubles, we have it within our power to make our country truly great again! Let’s get to work!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies