What did Trump mean?.... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:15:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What did Trump mean?.... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: By saying "this is calm before the storm"
War with Iran/North Korea

Ripping up Iran Nuke Deal

Firing Robert Mueller

Just blowing hot steam as usual

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 62

Author Topic: What did Trump mean?....  (Read 2299 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« on: October 05, 2017, 10:48:07 PM »

Nothing. This is why I keep saying the media are enabling him. His utterances lack all meaning and we would all be better off tuning them (and him) out.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 07:00:21 PM »

Yeah, he’s clearly reiterating his intention to start a nuclear war. I don’t understand why people keep saying Mueller when he clearly referenced generals. I don’t see why he’s allowed to do this. Congress must step in and reclaim the power to declare war immediately.

I sort-of agree with you here, but I don't think there's any easy solution. Congress is a mess, there are authorizations for use of force from the Cold War running all through our government, and we've always technically been at war with North Korea.  Just this latest round of reality TV insanity is another symptom of the problem. Trump himself is really just a symptom. Our whole system is crumbling, and hardly any of our leaders - elected or otherwise - have any interest in fixing it, much less ability.

If we had a decent government, Trump would have been impeached long ago. If we had a decent political system, he would never have gotten anywhere near the White House. If we had a just society with an educated public, he would have been a business failure or small-time slumlord.

Trump may be a herald of our apocalypse, but he's not causing it all by himself. I'd say the best we can do is truly ignore him. But that is really difficult, not least because if we as a nation were to succeed in shunning him, he'd probably start a nuclear war for attention. Heck, he's practically doing that anyway, because his need for ego-gratification knows no bounds. '

He needs to be impeached, but the GOP and the Congress it dominates are so broken... and now I'm running in circles so I'm out for a while.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies