US House Redistricting: Maryland (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:46:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  US House Redistricting: Maryland (search mode)
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: Maryland  (Read 67261 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2011, 01:53:25 PM »

This is just so much fun - and all this contretemps to generate but a lean Dem CD. It's all simply grand. And after AZ, I need something to bring a smile to my face. Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2011, 05:53:53 PM »
« Edited: December 10, 2011, 12:29:43 PM by Torie »

Does anyone know how the lawsuit is going to overturn the maps? I heard Republicans had a good shot of getting them thrown out.

On what basis?

Blatant racial gerrymandering so Democrats could pick up Bartlett's district. Census numbers entitled another minority majority district in the state.

Maryland's congressional map absolutely should be thrown out, but not because of any racial gerrymandering bull crap.

It should be tossed because it is so egregiously gerrymandered.  Worst map of the whole cycle

And I bet the Dem controlled League of Women Voters is not complaining about the MD map either. They only like to bitch about Pubbie gerrymanders. Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies