West Virginia 2020- Who wins? Carte Goodwin v. Jim Justice (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 02:59:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  West Virginia 2020- Who wins? Carte Goodwin v. Jim Justice (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: West Virginia 2020- Who wins? Carte Goodwin v. Jim Justice  (Read 2983 times)
LoneStarDem
United States
« on: June 05, 2019, 10:35:40 AM »

Noticed that Justice sometimes has to sit on a chair because of his extreme weight during his SOTS addresses,I'm starting to doubt whether he'll finish back-to-back 4-year terms.

LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 12:43:55 PM »

Is Manchin trolling again ?
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 03:03:57 PM »

Somebody should tell Manchin this: "If you're so obsessed with the WV Governor's Mansion, go get your expletive out there & run for the office yourself!"
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 01:05:48 PM »

I don't see Manchin running for the Governorship.
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 05:35:29 PM »

Jim Justice's approval rating is above water, and that'll be enough to win him a second term without much of a sweat.

But will he live to finish a 2nd term considering his large weight & having to use a chair during his SOTS addresses ?

I mean, he is a heart attack waiting to happen.
LoneStarDem
United States
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 07:21:27 AM »

Is Justice vulnerable to a GOP Primary?

It's pretty rare when a GOVERNOR of a state changes parties.  That's far more rare than a legislator changing parties, and that's because the GOVERNOR is the leader of his party in his/her state for the most part.

How many Governors switched parties while in office?  The only one I can remember is Buddy Roemer who switched to the GOP in 1991.  That didn't work out well for Roemer, whom I believe would have squeaked out reelection as a Democrat (or may have been resoundingly reelected if he was the candidate squaring off against David Duke in 1991).  Justice was a lifelong Republican who became a Democrat in order to run for Governor and switched back after less than a year in office, but I can't believe that this sat well with GOP regulars in WV.  Justice is vulnerable in a primary on general principles, given the manner in which he switched to the Democrats to get elected, and then switched right back to the GOP.  Party regulars don't like being sidestepped like that.

Roemer was elected LA Governor in 1987 defeating EWE, who got his revenge in 1991.

EWE won 4th term in a massive landslide.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies