New Charlottesville 'white civil rights rally' in DC (Unite the Right 2) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:48:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  New Charlottesville 'white civil rights rally' in DC (Unite the Right 2) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Charlottesville 'white civil rights rally' in DC (Unite the Right 2)  (Read 15308 times)
Karpatsky
Ukraine

« on: June 21, 2018, 08:21:54 AM »

Have you considered that the increasing activity of these groups is an actual indicator of increasing radical rightism in the U.S., and not a completely unrelated coincidence used by those violent leftists to spread their shrill propaganda?

These people are coming in to attempt to intimidate those they see as lesser. This is why they come to the most left-leaning cities in the nation - Charlottesville, Richmond, Boston, and now DC - because they all dream of being 'based stick man' and seeing their political opponents fear them. This is provocation, and cannot be ignored by the residents who just want to live in peace. Where those flags go unopposed, burning crosses are not far behind. You can continue to see this as baseless hyperbole if you want, until these people show up at your front door.
Karpatsky
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 08:42:05 PM »

The violence used in a handful of cases by counterprotesters is unfortunate, but the use of it to create moral equivalency between the two sides is ridiculous. Why do you think these people come to the bluest cities in the country LARPing as riot police and carrying guns and weapons? They are there because they want to intimidate, to feel powerful. I find it very difficult to fault people responding poorly to an invasion of their neighborhood by people preaching violence and hatred, even if they only sometimes 'act' on it. Really, is there no problem with people in armor with Nazi flags marching through black neighborhoods chanting 'you will not replace us'? The right's deflection to antifa excuses and condones this. Frankly, although I am nowhere near them politically, I think it is great that antifa exists and shows up to these events, because they are refusing the fascists the intimidation power that they crave. I certainly would show up for a counterprotest if fascists came to march through my front yard, and the fact that someone with a red bandada punched a guy doesn't weigh too heavily on that decision.
Karpatsky
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 02:13:10 AM »

Here's to hoping both the Nazis and the people out there counter protesting can get their act together and not escalate things. 

The counterprotestors are there specifically to escalate things.

This cannot be overemphasized.

And the Nazis are going to arguably the most Democratic city in the country aren't there to escalate things?

I know that leftists want to abolish place and history, but even you should know that ceremonies held in Washington, D.C. take on a significance beside that of being held in a city.

That's why they have also been going to the symbolically significant cities of Charlottesville and Berkeley, right? The history suggests they want trouble.
Karpatsky
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 09:21:07 AM »

The question I would have for my friend, Yellowhammer is this:  Would you prefer to be in a minimum security prison (say, a work release center, where there were even occasional weekend furloughs) or would you prefer to be homeless?

Right, minimum security and weekend furloughs. Don't mind the chains, whips, and rapes.

You all need to get it together. The suffering of poor Southern whites isn't special or deserving of the martyrdom you would like to give it to minimize the suffering of chattel slaves. It sucks to be a poor person in the 19th century. That's not up for debate. But it has no bearing on the incredible inhumanity perpetrated by the Southern aristocratic class and defended by force by the oh-so-oppressed poor Southern white.
Karpatsky
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 05:29:57 AM »

FDR did not minimize the poverty of the South, white and black.  Why should folks on Atlas?  Is that a liberal or progressive thing to do?

No one is 'minimizing' the poverty of the South; rather, they are objecting to it being used to deflect from the issue at hand, which is the gross human rights violation of Southern slavery.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies