Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (v2) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 02:21:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (v2) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Georgia's Very Own Megathread! (v2)  (Read 142528 times)
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« on: October 25, 2018, 04:19:53 PM »

Question for you all that should probably go in the Congressional Elections board, but since the Georgia megathread is here - what's your take on how competitive GA-07 is right now? Is Woodall running a solid campaign?
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 02:33:06 PM »

Still, after all this time and all the work that's obviously been happening everywhere...it really hits you that Georgia is now a truly competitive state when you remember that Barack Obama, Donald Trump, Oprah Winfrey and Mike Pence are all making campaign stops in the state in the same 24-hour period.

I just hope it doesn't get stuck in the category of "Always close but never goes D unless it's a really good year nationally" like North Carolina seemingly has.

I could be wrong, obviously, but the massive growth in the Atlanta Metro feels a lot more reminiscent of NoVA than the Research Triangle.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 02:25:37 PM »

I'm getting constant ads for McBath/Abrams on YouTube. I can't think of any reason Google would think that I live in Georgia, besides visiting this thread often? Thanks, guys.

In our 2 "swing precincts" in Whitfield County:

Total Votes Cast in 2014 (EV + ED): 768
Total Votes Cast as of 2 PM (incl. EV): 1330

This is either really good or really bad for us.

Probably really good? I don't think enthusiasm is going to advantage the GOP when an unpopular Republican is in office.
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 01:30:59 PM »

Finally: my years-old project has been updated, with 2018's results by precinct added to the animated GIF!

(You can right-click & open for a huge version that allows inspection of even the smallest precincts on the map)

It's neat seeing Atlanta slowly creep outwards.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies