Indiana 2012 Congressional Races (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:35:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Indiana 2012 Congressional Races (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Indiana 2012 Congressional Races  (Read 33695 times)
I AM REPUBLICAN
NJGuy
Rookie

« on: August 07, 2011, 10:16:35 PM »

Lugar needs to go down. He has been in Senate way to long, and Indiana needs a change with Mourdock.
Typical response I've been seeing. Who cares who is opponent is? Who cares if Mourdock has poor character and would be an uncompromisable Senator who'd bring absolutely nothing to the table? Let's just get that ole' fart out of there! I think it's telling of a person when they run a downright hateful, negative campaign from the very get-go. I can't even imagine how bad he and his supporters are going to get next Spring.

One thing I can already see - this campaign has already turned into a hatefest on Lugar, which seems to be what Mourdock wants. Mourdock Campaign Strategy: Get as many people as possible to completely despise Lugar in hope's they'll vote for whoever else is on the ballot.

My only wish is that Mourdock focuses his campaign on the issues and what he stands for, not everything he thinks Lugar has done wrong. I would have actually been somewhat tempted to vote for him if he had done that from the start.

You're saying that you are not a Murdock supporter? (If I'm reading your post correctly). I think Lugar is a RINO and needs to go NOW. Check his ACU rating and I'm sure it will be terrible (under 80%). Go Mourdock!
I AM REPUBLICAN
NJGuy
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 11:10:52 PM »

Lugar needs to go down. He has been in Senate way to long, and Indiana needs a change with Mourdock.
Typical response I've been seeing. Who cares who is opponent is? Who cares if Mourdock has poor character and would be an uncompromisable Senator who'd bring absolutely nothing to the table? Let's just get that ole' fart out of there! I think it's telling of a person when they run a downright hateful, negative campaign from the very get-go. I can't even imagine how bad he and his supporters are going to get next Spring.

One thing I can already see - this campaign has already turned into a hatefest on Lugar, which seems to be what Mourdock wants. Mourdock Campaign Strategy: Get as many people as possible to completely despise Lugar in hope's they'll vote for whoever else is on the ballot.

My only wish is that Mourdock focuses his campaign on the issues and what he stands for, not everything he thinks Lugar has done wrong. I would have actually been somewhat tempted to vote for him if he had done that from the start.

You're saying that you are not a Murdock supporter? (If I'm reading your post correctly). I think Lugar is a RINO and needs to go NOW. Check his ACU rating and I'm sure it will be terrible (under 80%). Go Mourdock!
That's exactly what I've been saying for months. Dick Lugar is not a liberal. He has a 71% rating from the ACU, and I believe voted with Reagan more than any other Senator in the 80's.

You probably know little about Mourdock, you just know you don't like Lugar. Further proving my point, and how Mourdock's strategy is (unfortunately) at least somewhat working.

Well, you're from Indiana, and I guess you know who you're voting for and who's in the race. I just don't understand why anyone would want to vote for an old RINO like him, and he's been in the Senate for too long and it's time to go. I respect your support of Lugar, and he has done some good things in the past, but, it's time for him to go. I'm from NJ, and you're from his home state, so, your vote and support of Lugar makes my support of Mourdock not count. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies