Nevada - KNTV/Rasmussen: Trump + 3 (4-way) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:35:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Nevada - KNTV/Rasmussen: Trump + 3 (4-way) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nevada - KNTV/Rasmussen: Trump + 3 (4-way)  (Read 2379 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« on: September 20, 2016, 10:24:50 AM »

This is Classy Rassy, so take it with a grain of salt. Nevada might be close right now, but I'd bet a lot of money that it won't be in November, unless we see Trump gaining substantially among Latinos. He's not winning this state with less than 20% of the Latino vote, mark my words.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 10:38:10 AM »

*sticks head in sand* TRUMP WILL LOSE NEVADA BECAUSE MUH HISPANIC FRIEWAL

It's not about ignoring the facts, it's about facing them. Unless Latino turnout goes way down, or Trump improves among Latinos, he would need a ridiculous swing among white voters without a college degree, something like a 30-point swing. Short of any of these three events occurring, it's not mathematically plausible for Trump to win Nevada.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 10:54:22 AM »

This is Classy Rassy, so take it with a grain of salt. Nevada might be close right now, but I'd bet a lot of money that it won't be in November, unless we see Trump gaining substantially among Latinos. He's not winning this state with less than 20% of the Latino vote, mark my words.

Only Trump isn't under 20% with Latinos in Nevada.  Last NBC/Marist poll showed the race 65/30 with Latinos in NV, Obama beat Romney 74/24 by comparison.  Don't know any polling showing Trump under 20% in the state and most national polling (outside of Latino advocacy based) shows him in the 20-30% range. 

There's a reason to trust these polls. They include Spanish interviews, which picks up on voters that polls such as these do not. These polls were very accurate in 2012, more so than state polls in states like CO and NV, which didn't merely undersample Latinos, but didn't conduct any interviews in Spanish, which meant that their polls overestimated Romney's support among Latinos.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 11:27:38 AM »

*sticks head in sand* TRUMP WILL LOSE NEVADA BECAUSE MUH HISPANIC FRIEWAL

It's not about ignoring the facts, it's about facing them. Unless Latino turnout goes way down, or Trump improves among Latinos, he would need a ridiculous swing among white voters without a college degree, something like a 30-point swing. Short of any of these three events occurring, it's not mathematically plausible for Trump to win Nevada.

You're assuming Clinton will be able to mobilize the Democratic turnout machine in Nevada to the same extent Obama could, which is a questionable assumption.

Considering that Trump has pretty much no organization, I think the difference between Hillary's turnout machine and Trump's is comparable to the difference between Obama's and Romney's.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies