Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 06:31:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 64
Author Topic: Hotter, Badder, and Unpopularer Takes  (Read 94842 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: January 14, 2020, 03:59:05 PM »

Reggaeton is overrated, and liking it for the "rhythm" is silly because every song literally has the exact same beat.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #751 on: January 14, 2020, 04:40:04 PM »

"OK Boomer" is already a played out and beaten to death meme.

You could’ve posted this a month ago and been late.
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #752 on: January 14, 2020, 05:05:00 PM »

"OK Boomer" is already a played out and beaten to death meme.

I already dont hear it anymore
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #753 on: January 17, 2020, 05:21:39 AM »

Minority Republicans are infinitely more irritating than straight male wasp Republicans.
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #754 on: January 18, 2020, 04:50:57 PM »

I kind of want Democrats to hemorrhage support among South Florida Hispanics.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #755 on: January 18, 2020, 08:49:06 PM »

Mitch McConnell is a far worse threat to American democracy than Donald Trump could ever hope to be.

The homeless deserve more respect than the troops.

I agree with this, although very often these groups overlap.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #756 on: January 18, 2020, 09:00:13 PM »

Although it is extremely unlikely to happen, I want Trump to win the popular vote and lose the Electoral College.  That, as things stand, is the only way to get Republicans to sign onto the NPVIC.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #757 on: January 18, 2020, 09:23:01 PM »

I kind of want Democrats to hemorrhage support among South Florida Hispanics.

Racism !
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #758 on: January 18, 2020, 09:59:59 PM »

The rise of the likes of Spotify and on demand streaming is pretty sad in many respect. Whereas once upton a time you would listen to radio and periodically stumble across something that you liked, but was totally out of line with what you normally liked; now you just have a bunch of algorithms that pigeonhole you into stuff that is similar to what you were already listening to. The extent to which that limits your horizons, and your experience of music, is actually really depressing when you think about it.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #759 on: January 18, 2020, 10:57:11 PM »
« Edited: January 18, 2020, 11:25:26 PM by Hindsight is 2020 »

How TFA handled the First Order vs Resistance and the Starkiller Base sabotaged the trilogy going forward. The setup made no sense until you read the later released books and destroying the base took away a main thrust heading into TLJ. The problem boils down too was the First Order was treated just like the empire and that makes no sense. The empire is a centralized government with control over entire solar systems while the Order is a military junta that controls some systems in the unknown regions yet can field a bigger army and better weapons. In hindsight the First Order should of been a group of empire worshipping rebels on some ice planet while Leia, Poe, and the rest are the standing Republic army and at end of TFA when they go to attack the planet its reveled they turned it into Starkiller Base leading to a setup in TLJ with the First Order having this weapon that let’s them go on an offensive against the Republic
Edit:
Also the funny thing is most of TFA would stay as is with only the nuking of the 3 planets coming in TLJ and the obvious ending change so it’s not like my proposal would change TFA that much
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #760 on: January 19, 2020, 02:04:37 PM »

I've said it multiple times recently in other threads, but I figure I'll say it here too: Revenge of the Sith is the best Star Wars movie.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #761 on: January 19, 2020, 02:15:22 PM »

I see Antonio's take and respect it greatly, but raise him a hotter one.

The Force Awakens was the last time the linear-canon Star Wars movies felt anything at all like Star Wars.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #762 on: January 19, 2020, 07:34:12 PM »

Slavery reparations are a stupid idea and a plant issue by the Republicans.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #763 on: January 19, 2020, 07:42:02 PM »

Slavery reparations are a stupid idea and a plant issue by the Republicans.

Well, you sure got the first part right.
BP🌹
BP1202
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -9.13, S: -6.00

« Reply #764 on: January 20, 2020, 12:00:42 PM »

I don't care much about marijuana laws because even where it's legal, it's so regulated that it's still cheaper if you have a plug.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #765 on: January 20, 2020, 12:11:08 PM »

Jordan Peterson is almost incredibly misunderstood (and more likely intentionally misrepresented), and he very clearly is not a member of the Alt Right.  He’s a kind, thoughtful world class thinker who’s passionate about a variety of issues that have nothing to do with politics, and he’s awesome.
diptheriadan

« Reply #766 on: January 21, 2020, 12:36:30 AM »

Jordan Peterson is almost incredibly misunderstood (and more likely intentionally misrepresented), and he very clearly is not a member of the Alt Right.  He’s a kind, thoughtful world class thinker who’s passionate about a variety of issues that have nothing to do with politics, and he’s awesome.

Too bad he sounds like Kermit the Frog else I might actually listen to him.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #767 on: January 21, 2020, 12:40:13 AM »
« Edited: January 21, 2020, 12:43:43 AM by Technocracy Timmy »

Jordan Peterson is almost incredibly misunderstood (and more likely intentionally misrepresented), and he very clearly is not a member of the Alt Right.  He’s a kind, thoughtful world class thinker who’s passionate about a variety of issues that have nothing to do with politics, and he’s awesome.

His most renowned book is a self help guide for people who think mainstream self help guides don’t have enough social Darwinism in them.  
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #768 on: January 21, 2020, 12:40:36 AM »

Brian Kemp is popular, not as popular as DeSantis, but popular enough to win reelection and a rematch against Abrams in almost any circumstances, barring some really big turn of events

but as things stand today, he be fine
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #769 on: January 21, 2020, 09:20:11 AM »

Considering he launched his career being a dick to trans people I’d like to challenge the bolded part
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #770 on: January 21, 2020, 02:18:35 PM »

I strongly disagree, but I do kind of like Natalie Wynn's take that he's a net force for good in spite of himself because he's telling his fans a lot of what they need to hear about their personal lives and he's doing it as a sexist old man so they're more liable to listen to him.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #771 on: January 21, 2020, 02:37:52 PM »

He's very passionate about talking to Viktor Orban who is known for anti-semetic tropes, Soros conspiracy theories and censoring gender studies in Hungarian universities and shutting down the Hungarian Academy of Sciences. They both agreed that political correctness was the real threat and in an interview with Magyar Nemzet, Peterson said society lacked a religious foundation and said that Orban was attempting to provide that.

So yeah, he's awesome...

And Mr 'Everything is Cultural Marxism' hadn't read any Marx. I've read Marx, and I only have a BA.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #772 on: January 21, 2020, 06:21:02 PM »

I won't clog up this thread too much responding to everything, but I am in no way "set in stone" on my opinion of him, and I will certainly do more research; I didn't even know who he was a few weeks ago.  However, from actual things I have heard him say so far, I have not gotten the impression he is intolerant or doing anything other than voicing his opinion that a desire for political correctness should never trump free speech ... and I largely agree with that, as do most mainstream liberals to my knowledge.  If my further research leads me to the conclusion of some of the posters here, I will obviously change my opinion.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #773 on: January 21, 2020, 09:58:08 PM »

Bit of a random issue but I’ve noticed in documentaries about the French Revolution that there is an uncomfortable amount of leftists academics that completely support the reign of terror and subscribe to the Leninist idea that no revolution can be made without mass violence and state terror. In particular there is a documentary on Robespierre were Slavoj Zizek comes off like a blood thirsty madman
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #774 on: January 21, 2020, 10:45:37 PM »

I won't clog up this thread too much responding to everything, but I am in no way "set in stone" on my opinion of him, and I will certainly do more research; I didn't even know who he was a few weeks ago.  However, from actual things I have heard him say so far, I have not gotten the impression he is intolerant or doing anything other than voicing his opinion that a desire for political correctness should never trump free speech ... and I largely agree with that, as do most mainstream liberals to my knowledge.  If my further research leads me to the conclusion of some of the posters here, I will obviously change my opinion.

He's a creative and eccentric person, and can get carried away on some points as creative eccentrics often do.  Some people have low tolerance for such things and so will dismiss him on that basis, but I think they are missing out on his broader contribution.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 64  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies