Why do Democrats prefer Kansas to Nebraska? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:23:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Why do Democrats prefer Kansas to Nebraska? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why do Democrats prefer Kansas to Nebraska?  (Read 1606 times)
ottermax
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -6.09

P P
« on: July 16, 2020, 11:36:51 PM »

The college-educated pop of Kansas is at 33% compared to 30% in Nebraska. Growth in the KC suburbs has largely been driven by an educated middle class that seems to be the new core of the Democratic Party. Nebraska may have a stronger history of Democratic Party involvement, but Omaha seems to resemble more of the Iowa / Illinois type mid-size city drifting away from the Democrats while KC resembles more of the sunbelt cities drifting more Democratic. However Wichita is definitely more of a working class, industrial city that probably works against this hypothesis.

I guess the biggest thing motivating Democrats are close races or wins recently with the recent gubernatorial victory (largely driven by local politics), Sharice David's win, and close senate contests. The local Kansas GOP has pushed too far right which has damaged their reputation in the moderate suburbs leading to several Republican state legislators leaving the party last year. On the ground the Democrats are just more put together probably because of the partisanship of Kansas while the nonpartisan nature of local politics in Nebraska combined with Ben Sasse's motions to seem anti-Trump probably curry favor among those voters who might be disgusted by Trumpism in Nebraska.

Obviously I don't live in these states nor have I ever visited, but this is what I've gathered from the past year or two.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies