Cleanish Election Rigging in Virginia with 2020 Population Estimates (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:39:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Cleanish Election Rigging in Virginia with 2020 Population Estimates (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cleanish Election Rigging in Virginia with 2020 Population Estimates  (Read 821 times)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: November 12, 2018, 04:55:23 PM »

OK, nevermind. I think I figured out a better way to do NoVa. It looks cleaner this way, and also the PVIs are better. This only changes the 4 NoVa districts, and keeps everything else the same.

VA-06: D+3.8, was D+2.2 in version just above
VA-08: D+14.5, was D+18.6 in version just above
VA-10: D+2.7, was D+3.9 in version just above
VA-11: D+6.5, was D+3.9 in version just above

You can also see pretty clearly that it would be very easy to give VA-11 just a little slice of Fauqier County, and that could be used to sure up both VA-10 (and maybe VA-06 a bit also) further if it was thought that is needed at all.

This looks to me like a pretty good roadmap for Dems to draw a 9-2 map of VA. Basically smooth out the lines a bit and maybe tweak a bit with careful attention to any ways that the Clinton/Northam/Kaine numbers deviate from PVI (since that data is not in DRA), and I think you basically have pretty much the best Dem Gerrymander of VA that you can make (provided that you are not willing to fully spaghettimander NoVa or to rescue the Dems in Roanoake).

Can anyone make any improvements to this basic sort of outline?
umm... the purple district isn't contiguous, for one.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 09:11:58 PM »

And here's an example of how you can nudge up the PVIs by giving VA-11 even just a teeny little bit of Fauquier County if desired (VA-06 also gets a few more Shenandoah precincts from VA-10 near Harrisonburg):

That improves VA-10 from D+2.7 to D+3.5, and improves VA-06 from D+3.8 to D+3.9, while bringing VA-11 down from D+6.5 to D+5.5.
I would think that light green district could be spread out more? seems to pack more Dems then it needs to.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies