Unifornm Poll closings (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 04:39:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  Unifornm Poll closings (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Unifornm Poll closings  (Read 10365 times)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« on: December 26, 2003, 10:34:16 AM »

I never previously heard about this as such a problem. In Sweden all exit polls are traditionally presented one minute after the voting ends. We don't have constituencies though so the whole thing is different. But I agree with CM that the easiest thing would be withholding the information from the media untill the voting is done. Or what that also be unconstitutional? What about the UK do they have the same problem?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2003, 05:26:17 PM »

I never previously heard about this as such a problem. In Sweden all exit polls are traditionally presented one minute after the voting ends. We don't have constituencies though so the whole thing is different. But I agree with CM that the easiest thing would be withholding the information from the media untill the voting is done. Or what that also be unconstitutional? What about the UK do they have the same problem?
I don't think Sweden has as many time zones.

Ahem, no...hang on while I go collect my brain will you.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2003, 04:09:23 AM »

What I was saying was sweden doens't have as many time zones as the united States.  Or at tleast I don't think so.

Yes I got that, and I just felt a little thick for not seeing that right away. No, Sweden has one time zone (I think we are actually evenly split between two, but we have chosen one for the sake of convenience). But there are two different issues here, one about time zones and one about when results can be published in the media in relation to when they are counted.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2004, 07:54:18 AM »

There is one simple solution nobody seems to be thinking of, even though it's what other states with more than one time zone do: Close the polling stations whenever you like but just don't start counting yet as long as polling stations anywhere else are still open!

Ehhhh...let's not over-simplify this!

Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies