The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:43:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 40
Poll
Question: So, to mix things up a little, I've been thinking about changing the network for the election updates every month. Which one should I do for February?
CNN
FOX News
ABC
CBS
Just stick with NBC.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 36315 times)
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: February 12, 2019, 07:35:52 PM »

ALEX SINK DEBATE RESPONSES

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I would first like to thank John and Wolf for moderating this debate tonight, and my opponents for being here tonight as well. In the last debate, you heard some of our beginning plans for America. You heard me at the last debate commenting on our way forward out of this suffering economy, our way to protect a Woman's Right to Choose, and how my Administration would put this Country First. Tonight, you will hear all of us, and what we believe. I hope that you see in this debate there is another option. There is an option for a New king of Democrat. A new Kind of Politician. And A New Kind of President. Thank you.

This is not only the biggest opportunity in our history to choose a Woman to be President, but a whole new opportunity for us to Take Back the House of Representatives. For far too long, President Romney has ruled the House, and has brought havoc to Suburban America, Rural America, and Urban America. I'm in this race to get us out of all of that. I'm focused on America. With that kind of plan, we can Take Back the House. I'm proud to be endorsed by Suburban Democrats like Jennifer Wexton, Abigail Spanberger, and others. They know that together we can win, not only the Presidency, but the Senate, the NGA, and the House.

Well, I want to go ahead and thank the Moderators for setting this all up and putting up with all of us. I also want to thank everyone else for being here. I want to wrap this up by telling a story, a story of an American Dream. A Young Girl, born in Mazatlan, Mexico. She was born into a family of 5 girls and 4 boys, she being the youngest. Her father, a drug addict who was a member in a gang. Her mother, a devoted School Teacher who did her best to fend for her family. At the age of 7, she saw a man get shot. At the age of 10, she witnessed a man get his head cut off. At the age of 12, she was pulled out of school to farm for her family. Her life, full of challenge. Yet, she never lost hope. She had heard from others into the town about the local gang going to America to smuggle drugs, to El Paso, Texas. She said to herself, "It's time to go." She got on the trucks going towards El Paso, without anyone else knowing. She left her family behind, left her entire life behind, to go to America. When they arrived at the border, there was a conflict. She could hear the gun shots, and she cried to herself, making herself strong. After the conflict was over, the truck was turning around, so she jumped off. She hid, and she walked along the border looking for a way to cross. She found a way. That girl, is now a mother, a Lawyer, and a American Citizen. She achieved the American Dream, and has given so many others hope. That is what I'm standing up for, opportunity for everyone. That is what the American Dream, and that is what we can achieve with an Alex Sink Presidency, a true American Dream.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #176 on: February 12, 2019, 08:08:57 PM »

Opening Statement

Question

Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #177 on: February 12, 2019, 08:14:37 PM »

Governor Abrams Press Release

Environment, the Green New Deal, and decarbonization

Quote from: Restricted
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #178 on: February 12, 2019, 08:50:56 PM »

SINK FOR PRESIDENT AD, "STANDING UP"

America needs a President that will stand up for Farmers,

(Woman Student): For A Better Education System,

(Border Agent Speaking): For A Pathway to Citizenship, and Secure Borders,

(Dad and Mom Speaking): For Hardworking American Families,

(Mom of Child): For kids that deal with struggles.

(All People that Starred): Alex Sink is standing up for Americans from all walks of life. Alex Sink has always been here for us, now it's time that we Stand Up and be there for her.

I'm Alex Sink, and I approve this message, because I'm in it for you.
PApolitics
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #179 on: February 12, 2019, 09:02:17 PM »

RICK SANTORUM'S DEBATE RESPONSE
Opening Statement:

It's great to be in North Dakota with all of you, and it's good to be with you again, Tucker and Megyn. Over the past few months, I have traveled across dozens of states, meeting many different people and learning about their lives, their concerns, and their struggles. And I hear the same thing everywhere I go: America needs more opportunity, more freedom, more respect for one another. That is what my campaign is about. As I will outline in this debate, and throughout this election, I am running on a platform of pro-American conservatism that will provide jobs and prosperity for all of America.

Answer to Debate Question:

Well, I don't think the term "real Republican" is exclusionary at all. What we seem to forget is that many Americans, Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, and more, support the same things and ultimately want what is best for our country. I believe in smaller government, trade deals that favor our workers and companies, protection of our Constitutional rights, supporting American agriculture, including the soybean farmers here in North Dakota, standing with our allies across the globe, protecting life, lowering debt, and more.

These aren't just Republican or conservative values, these are fundamental American values. These are values that are rooted in the American Revolution, values shared by the Founding Fathers, and shared by people all the way up to today. People across the political spectrum hold these values, and that is why I am running. I believe that I can and will be an effective president that represents all Americans, because these are American values.

Closing Statement:

I want to thank UND for having us here, and I want to thank all of you attending or listening in. This election, you are faced with a real opportunity. You have the chance to put in the White House someone who listens to you, believes in you, and works for you. I have over 30 years experience in both public and private work, and I will put that experience to work to head towards a common goal. That goal, of course, being economic prosperity, national and global security and stability, and a respect for our fellow man. The United States can be so much more, so let's get there, together. Thank you North Dakota, and God Bless.

Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #180 on: February 12, 2019, 09:22:28 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2019, 03:12:49 PM by Lincoln Dep. Speaker Peanut »

Governor Abrams's Debate Responses

Opening Statement:

Thank you, John and Wolf, for moderating this debate, thank you to my fellow candidates for being here tonight, and thank you to you, the American people, for watching and helping yourself make an informed choice.

With that said, I want to delve a little on why we are here. Every person here on this stage wants, in different ways, to bring America progress. The first woman to run for this party's presidential nomination, Ms. Shirley Chisholm, once said: "You don't make progress by standing on the sidelines, whimpering and complaining. You make progress by implementing ideas."

That's the kind of mentality that I want to take to Washington. I want the momentum and the movement we are building in this campaign to manifest itself in finding solutions, in growing our potential, in building a dream for everyone. I have served the people of Georgia in a proactive, humble, productive manner. I want you to get off the sidelines and help us build this movement so we can have a White House in two years that cares, that helps, that believes. We can have that, we can have hope, we can have change, but it is something that we all build together. Let's talk, let's implement ideas, let's believe we can do better.

Everyone can grow up to be up here on this debate stage in the America we must build. Everyone can have their voice heard, no matter where they come from. America is not a nation of the past, it is not a country we need to "rebuild", but one whose future we need to build together. We must not cling  to a vague, nonexistent vision of the past, but build a whole new one with everyone's potential. Let's believe we can. Let's grow together. Let's do better.

I want to be the champion and the believer America needs. I know that, with your help, we can bring change about and show everyone that, together, we can do the impossible.

Question answer:

You were one of the first people to be sent a mail bomb by recently captured domestic terrorist Cesar Sayoc. What do you think this says about how Republicans have come to view you?

Thank you. First of all, I would like to clarify an important distinction: it is dangerous to generalize in such a manner. There are some people within the most radical segments of the GOP that are dangerous, but they are not representative of America or of their party.

Violence is used by radicals to silence the voice of those they fear. America is better than them, we are better, and we need to show that. I believe that the preachers of fear and the crusaders of hatred loathe the light that this campaign is irradiating. They believe that they have to silence the preachers of hope and the crusaders of change because they fear a future world they cannot see. What they don't know is that the more they hate us, the louder we get. The more they seek to erase our progress, the faster it comes. The more they try to stop us, the faster we run.

I believe that our movement and our message is threatening the most violent segments of the population that cannot picture a world outside their bubble. But thankfully, they are not America. They are not the voice of the hardworking farmer, or of the teacher, or the mom, or the businessman. We are America. We are a country that aspires to be better every day. And together we will show them that.

Closing statement:

Let us reflect on a thought I wish to underline. It is important to take into account that we need not consider the fact that we need to win this election, but rather why we need to win this election. Let us focus on the vision that we will try to implement: on the bold, progressive, inclusive White House that we will have for every single American. I will ask America to look at us, at the movement we are building, and judge us on our capacity to motivate, to flip a State which once was red, to build a dream for everyone. I say that often, it is my campaign slogan, not because it is a platitude. I legitimately do believe that together we can do the impossible because you the people have shown me we can, and I believe that with your help we will have a better, fairer White House. We will have a government that believes in every single American, and we will achieve it together.

Thank you.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #181 on: February 12, 2019, 10:29:18 PM »

Election Update 2020
with your hosts, Wolf Blitzer and John King

Blitzer: Good evening. I'm Wolf Blitzer.

King: And I'm John King.

Both: And this is your Election Update.

Blitzer: And we begin the night by bringing you the news that Cesar Sayoc, the domestic terrorist who sent numerous mail bombs to almost every major Democratic presidential candidate, has been taken into police custody after his van was run off the road by police in a high-speed chase just south of Tallahassee. Sayoc was found to have more than 50 pounds of TNT in his van, and was apparently planning to run his van into the Governor's Mansion. Sayoc, while injured, is viewed as likely to survive, but will almost certainly spend the rest of his life in prison.

King: Indeed, Wolf. On a brighter note, we have more endorsements for you! Here we have the footage:

Blitzer: And that is all for tonight. Thanks for tuning in. I'm Wolf Blitzer.

King: And I'm John King.

Both: And this has been your Election Update.
PApolitics
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #182 on: February 12, 2019, 10:39:34 PM »

RICK SANTORUM FOR PRESIDENT ANNOUNCES AD BUY IN THE FOLLOWING STATES AND MEDIA MARKETS
Iowa:Des Moines
                  Dubuque
                  Sioux City

North Dakota:Fargo/Valley City
                               Bismarck/Minot/Dickinson

South Carolina:Charleston
                                Augusta (GA)

Texas:Dallas
                   San Antonio
                   Houston
                   Corpus Christi
                   Shreveport (LA)

PApolitics
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #183 on: February 12, 2019, 10:40:28 PM »

I'm Rick Santorum, and I approve this message.

Rick Santorum's voice: In America, we have values. Values that have been passed down from generation to generation, starting at the Founding Fathers.

Among the most notable of these is the freedom and sovereignty of America. I am running for president to protect these same ideals. We will continue to strengthen our borders,

protect our farmers from bad trade deals,

re-build our industrial sector,

and find ways to be energy independent.

My top priority will always be the American people, and don't let anyone lead you to believe different. We will work together to make sure that America is independent, self-relying and beholden to no one.

Let's do this together.

PApolitics
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #184 on: February 12, 2019, 11:04:05 PM »

RICK SANTORUM ANNOUNCES FIELD OFFICES
Today, the Rick Santorum for President Campaign has announced the opening of sixteen campaign field offices across early primary/caucus states. Supporters will be able to volunteer out of the offices, as well as pick up yard signs, register to vote, etc. The offices will be in:

Iowa:
Des Moines
Sioux City
Cedar Rapids

New Hampshire:
Manchester

South Carolina:
Charleston
Columbia
Greenville

North Dakota:
Fargo
Bismarck

Nevada:
Reno
Paradise

Texas:
Fort Worth
San Antonio
Houston

Virginia:
Arlington
Norfolk

adamevans
United States

« Reply #185 on: February 13, 2019, 12:11:44 AM »
« Edited: February 13, 2019, 12:13:05 PM by Barron »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Ad: War.

Aired in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, North Dakota, and Nevada
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #186 on: February 13, 2019, 08:51:49 AM »
« Edited: February 16, 2019, 09:49:23 PM by DatGOTTho »

Public Policy Polling Democratic Primary Poll, 1-4 August 2019
Sherrod Brown - 24%

Stacey Abrams - 22%
Alex Sink - 18%
John Kerry - 16%
Pete Buttigieg - 6%
Beto O'Rourke - 5%
Undecided - 11%

Debate Winner: Senator Sherrod Brown
Reward: 3 endorsement credits

Debate Runner-Up: Governor Alex Sink
Reward: 2 endorsement credits

If you did not win or finish as the runner-up, don't despair; it was close enough that the RNG ended up deciding it.

Rasmussen Reports Republican Primary Poll, 1-4 August 2019
Justin Amash - 18%

Lisa Murkowski - 16%
Phil Scott - 16%
Rick Santorum - 15%
Rob Portman - 8%
Paul Ryan - 7%
Nikki Haley - 5%
Ben Shapiro - 3%
Alveda King - 2%
Undecided - 10%

Debate Winner: Representative Justin Amash
Reward: 3 endorsement credits

Debate Runner-Up: Former Commerce Secretary Rick Santorum
Reward: 2 endorsement credits

If you did not win or finish as the runner-up, don't despair; it was close enough that the RNG ended up deciding it.

Current Credit Totals:

Democrats
Stacey Abrams: 0.4
Sherrod Brown: 0
Alex Sink: 0.3
John Kerry: 0.8
Beto O'Rourke: 14.2
Pete Buttigieg: 2.2

Republicans
Lisa Murkowski: 1.4
Phil Scott: 3.4
Justin Amash: 4
Rick Santorum: 6.6
Rob Portman: 3.4
Paul Ryan: 20.6
Nikki Haley: 13
Ben Shapiro: 8.2
Alveda King: 5

Independents
Rob Manfred: 1

Current Endorsements

Democrats
Stacey Abrams
Oprah Winfrey, talk show host and major celebrity from California
Barack Obama, 44th POTUS from Illinois
Hillary Clinton, Democratic presidential nominee in 2016 from New York
Peter Welch, US Rep. from VT-AL
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, US Rep. from NY-14
Pramila Jayapal, US Rep. from WA-07
Mark Pocan, US Rep. from WI-02
Jeanne Shaheen, US Senator from New Hampshire
Des Moines Register
United Steelworkers of America
Change to Win
New Hampshire Union Leader, statewide newspaper
Andrew Gillum, Mayor of Tallahassee, Florida
Richard Cordray, former Attorney General of Ohio and Director of the CFPB
Conservation Fund
Marcia Fudge, US Rep. from OH-11
Raul Grijalva, US Rep. from AZ-03
Our Revolution

Sherrod Brown
Bernie Sanders, US Senator from Vermont and runner-up in 2016
AFL-CIO, major labor union federation
Jeff Merkley, US Senator from Oregon
Amy Klobuchar, US Senator from Minnesota
Tulsi Gabbard, House Assistant Minority Leader, US Rep. from HI-02, and former candidate
Robert Reich, former US Secretary of Labor from California
Keith Ellison, Attorney General of Minnesota
Marcy Kaptur, US Rep. from OH-09
Ro Khanna, US Rep. from CA-17
Jay Inslee, Governor of Washington and former candidate
Gary Locke, former Governor of Washington
Chris Murphy, US Senator from Connecticut
LeBron James, basketball star from California
Nina Turner, President of Our Revolution, former Ohio State Senator
Barbara Lee, US Rep. from CA-13
John Lewis, US Rep. from GA-05
NARAL Pro-Choice America
Joyce Beatty, US Rep. from OH-03
Patrick Leahy, US Senator from Vermont

Pete Buttigieg
Dave Loebsack, US Rep. from IA-02
Steven Horsford, US Rep. from NV-04
Tom Vilsack, former Governor of Iowa

John Kerry
Elizabeth Warren, US Senator from Massachusetts
Joe Kennedy III, US Rep. from MA-04
Steny Hoyer, US Rep. from MD-05
Adam Schiff, House Minority Whip, US Rep. from CA-28
Tim Ryan, House Minority Leader, US Rep. from OH-13
Joe Biden, 47th Vice President of the United States from Delaware
Jesse Jackson, civil rights activist from Illinois
Chuck Schumer, Senate Minority Leader, US Senator from New York
Al Gore, 45th Vice President of the United States from Tennessee
Cedric Richmond, US Rep. from LA-02
Debbie Wassermann Schultz, US Rep. from FL-23

Beto O'Rourke
Bill Clinton, 42nd POTUS from New York

Alex Sink
Tom Harkin, former US Senator from Iowa
National Education Union
Chet Culver, former Governor of Iowa
Maggie Hassan, former Governor of New Hampshire
Onward Together, PAC
Kamala Harris, US Senator from California and former candidate
Ann Kuster, US Rep. from NH-02
Jennifer Wexton, US Rep. from VA-10
Abigail Spanberger, US Rep. from VA-07
United Farm Workers of America
Gavin Newsom, Governor of California
Priorities USA Action PAC

Republicans
Justin Amash
Rand Paul, US Senator from Kentucky
Thomas Massie, US Rep. from KY-04
Ron Paul, former US Rep. from TX-14
Carly Fiorina, CEO of Hewlett-Packard from Virginia
Barbara Comstock, former US Rep. from VA-10
Lynn Jenkins, former US Rep. from KS-02
Martha McSally, US Senator from Arizona
Kevin Cramer, US Rep. from ND-AL
Rick Berg, US Senator from North Dakota
Will Hurd, US Rep. from TX-23
Young Kim, US Rep. from CA-39

Lisa Murkowski
Susan Collins, US Senator from Maine
Kelly Ayotte, US Senator from New Hampshire
Jon Huntsman, Jr., former Governor of Utah
Mia Love, US Senator from Utah
Shelley Moore Capito, US Senator from West Virginia
Tim Scott, US Senator from South Carolina
Henry McMaster, Governor of South Carolina
Mike Dunleavy, Governor of Alaska
Liz Cheney, US Rep. from WY-AL
Scott Brown, US Secretary of State from Massachusetts

Rob Portman
John Kasich, former Governor of Ohio
Mike DeWine, Governor of Ohio
Kim Reynolds, Governor of Iowa

Rick Santorum
Pat Toomey, US Senator from Pennsylvania
Lou Barletta, former US Rep. from PA-11
Joni Ernst, US Senator from Iowa
Ted Cruz, US Senator from Texas
Scott Perry, US Rep. from PA-10
Scott Walker, former Governor of Wisconsin

Phil Scott
Elise Stefanik, US Rep. from NY-21
Charlie Baker, Governor of Massachusetts and former candidate
Jim Douglas, former Governor of Vermont
Larry Hogan, Governor of Maryland
Charlie Dent, US Rep. from PA-07
Ryan Costello, US Rep. from PA-06
Chris Sununu, Governor of New Hampshire
New Hampshire Farm Bureau
Bill Weld, former Governor of Massachusetts
North Dakota Farm Bureau
John Katko, US Rep. from NY-24
Adam Kinzinger, US Rep. from IL-16
New Hampshire Chamber of Commerce
Eddie Edwards, US Rep. from NH-02
Iowa Farm Bureau
New Hampshire Sheriffs' Association

Independents
Rob Manfred
Gary Johnson, former Governor of New Mexico and Libertarian presidential nominee in 2016
Jack Dorsey, CEO of Twitter
Bill Gates, founder and former CEO of Microsoft

All other candidates have no endorsements at this time.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #187 on: February 13, 2019, 07:51:22 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2019, 08:21:21 PM by jakobisgood »

UNITED FARM WORKERS ENDORSES ALEX SINK FOR PRESIDENT

The Spokesman for the United Farm workers of America said on Wednesday at an event in Iowa:
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #188 on: February 13, 2019, 08:38:08 PM »

Phil Scott for President Ad #3: Right for New Hampshire

To air in New Hampshire

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #189 on: February 13, 2019, 10:43:51 PM »

So, for anyone with questions as to who's a Representative, jakobisgood was kind enough to make a map for everyone's use:

https://www.270towin.com/2020-house-election/wpk14Dl
adamevans
United States

« Reply #190 on: February 14, 2019, 03:01:15 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2019, 06:40:13 PM by Barron »

Sherrod Brown 2020
Rebuild America.

Campaign Schedule
July 1st: Roundtable discussion w/ manufacturing workers
July 2nd-10th: '99 Counties Tour' of town halls in Southeastern Iowa
July 11st: Rally in Dubuque, Iowa with Senator Jeff Merkley
July 12th-16th: Tour Iowa union halls in Southeastern Iowa, with Secretary Robert Reich
July 17th: Roundtable discussion w/ local teachers
July 18th: Deliver speech in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on manufacturing jobs
July 19th-25th: '99 Counties Tour,' Southwestern Iowa
July 26th: Rally in Davenport, Iowa with Senator Bernie Sanders
July 27th-31st: Fundraising trip to New York, Ohio, California

Brown slams 'unstable' economy, calls for Wall Street reform

Speech in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #191 on: February 14, 2019, 07:58:47 PM »

ALEX SINK JULY SCHEDULE

July 1st - July 12th: Iowa

July 1st:
- Opening Campaign Event in Des Moines, Iowa
- Fundraiser with the AFT

July 2nd:
- Campaign with Local Democrats in Des Moines, Iowa
- Hold Rally with Former Governor Chet Culver in Des Moines, Iowa
- Hold Fundraiser with the United Farm Worker's

July 3rd:
- Campaign with Local Democrats in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Open new Campaign Office in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Hold Fundraiser with the AFT

July 4th:
- Hold Campaign Event with Former Senator Tom Harkin in Davenport, Iowa
- Open new Campaign Office in Davenport, Iowa
- Hold Fundraiser with the United Farm Worker's in Davenport, Iowa

July 5th - 7th:
- Hold "Farmers for Sink" Event in Ames, Iowa
- Visit Local Farms in Ames, Iowa
- Hold Rally with Former Senator Tom Harkin in Ames, Iowa
- Hold Fundraiser with the United Farm Worker's in Ames, Iowa
- Campaign with Local Democrats
- Hold Townhall

July 8th - 10th:
- Hold Campaign Event with Former Governor Chet Culver and Former Senator Tom Harkin in Sioux City, Iowa
- Hold Event with the United Farm Worker's in Sioux City, Iowa
- Meet Teachers at Public Schools in Sioux City, Iowa
- Hold Fundraiser with Former Governor Chet Culver
- Hold Townhall

July 11th - 12th:
- Visit Local Farms in Muscantine, Iowa
- Campaign with Local Democrats in Muscantine, Iowa
- Campaign on Ethanol Year-Round with Former Senator Tom Harkin in Muscantine, Iowa
- Hold Closing Iowa Rally in Des Moines, Iowa

July 13th - July 20th: New Hampshire

July 13th - 15th:
- Hold Opening Rally with Rep. Kuster in Concord, New Hampshire
- Campaign with Local Democrats in Manchester, New Hampshire
- Hold Fundraiser with the AFT in Manchester, New Hampshire
- Hold Townhall

July 16th - 18th:
- Open new Campaign Office in Salem, New Hampshire
- Campaign with Local Democrats in Salem, New Hampshire
- Attend Parade in Salem, New Hampshire
- Sign Waving in Downtown Salem, New Hampshire
- Hold Fundraiser with the AFT in Manchester, New Hampshire
- Open new Campaign Office in Salem, New Hampshire

July 19th - July 20th:
- Put up Billboards in Rochester, New Hampshire
- Meet Small Business Leaders in Rochester, New Hampshire
- Hold Campaign Event with Rep. Kuster in Keene, New Hampshire
- Hold Fundraiser with the AFT in Keene, New Hampshire

July 21st:
- Hold Closing Rally with Rep. Kuster in Manchester, New Hampshire

July 22nd - July 27th: Virginia

July 22nd - 25th:
- Hold Opening Campaign Rally in Richmond, Virginia
- Campaign with Rep. Spanberger in Bon Air, Virginia
- Campaign with Rep. Wexton in Arlington, Virginia
- Hold Fundraiser with the AFT in Alexandria, Virginia
- Hold Joint Rally in Richmond, Virginia with Rep. Spanberger and Rep. Wexton

July 26th - 27th:
- Hold Campaign Rally in Norfolk, Virginia
- Hold "Small Businesses for Sink" Event in Norfolk, Virginia
- Attend Parade in Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Campaign with Local Democrats in Virginia Beach, Virginia

July 28th - 31st: Nevada

July 28th - 29th:
- Hold Opening Rally in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Campaign with Local Democrats in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Hold Fundraiser in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Open new Campaign Office in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Put up Billboards

July 30th - 31st:
- Hold Campaign Rally in Reno, Nevada
- Hold Fundraiser with the AFT
- Hold "Nevadans for Sink" Event in Reno, Nevada
- Attend Parade in Reno, Nevada
- Put up Billboards

THIS CONCLUDES THE JULY SCHEDULE FOR GOVERNOR ALEX SINK

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #192 on: February 14, 2019, 09:02:02 PM »

Phil Scott for President

Phil Scott Schedule for July

July
July 1-3: Governor Duties/Rest
July 4: July 4th BBQ and Celebration in Montpelier
July 10-16: Barnstorm Rural Iowa, stops with Elise Stefanik, Adam Kizinger, and John Katko
July 16-20: Governor Duties
July 20: Major Rally in Grand Forks North Dakota with Adam Kizinger
July 21: Door knock in Nashua with Charlie Baker
July 22: Hike to Beaver Lake in Kinsman Notch (White Mountains) with Governor Chris Sununu, stream on Facebook and Instagram Live, Tour Local Towns
July 23: Meet with Young Republicans Chapter of the UVA
July 24: Accept Representative Eddie Edward's endorsement in Portsmouth
July 25-30: Governor Duties
July 31: Personally Open Campaign Office in Sioux City

Phil Scott Remarks at Agriculture Roundtable in Fort Dodge Iowa

(Major Excerpt, July 12 )

We have to talk more about farmers in public policy. Now thankfully, the Farm Bill is one example where Washington can get its act together. They get down to business, and pass a bipartisan bill that helps farmers everywhere. But we can see out here, is that it isn't doing the whole job. Farm incomes are down here in Iowa and nationwide. We have big out of state companies driving Iowa family farms out of business. I see it happen in Vermont, Elise sees it happen in upstate New York. We have to recognize the plight of farmers in this country. I think what Joe said is very important as well, we don't need the government to run farmers lives or to mess with the way things are done, but still have a responsibility to do something. Farmers are the backbone of this country, they've everywhere. They're in Vermont, they're in Iowa, we have an obligation to do something. I think we first have to look at the subsidies, where are they headed. Are we handing out stuffed contracts to big out of state corporations that drive people like Joe out of business, or are we distributing these subsidies to people.

We need to cut taxes for Iowa farmers, make things more affordable. That was my promise as Governor, stop rising fees and put money in peoples pockets again. We can do that for Iowans. But we also have to consider disaster insurance. I believe that when we have these winter storms or other natural disasters, when crop fields are wiped out. I believe the government should have a role, too often hard working, good people, get ripped off by out of state insurers. I think an emergency fund, should be provided for farmers. It's time for the government, for Washington to step up, Elise sees this first hand. The politics of now, won't work, hasn't worked. It's time for new leadership, I hope to be that leader. To shake things up.

PApolitics
Rookie
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #193 on: February 15, 2019, 01:43:42 AM »

RICK SANTORUM FOR PRESIDENT JULY AND AUGUST SCHEDULES

July 1-6: Rallies in: Dickinson, ND
                             Grand Forks, ND
                             Jamestown, ND

Fundraiser in: Fargo, ND

Partake in Independence Day festivities in Fargo, ND

July 7-13: Rallies in: Harvey, ND
                               Minot, ND
                               West Union, IA
                               Maquoketa, IA

Fundraisers in: Rochester, MN
                                      Lynchburg, VA

July 14-20: Rallies in: Wolfeboro, NH
                                 Brunswick, ME
                                 North Augusta, SC
                                 Beaufort, SC

Fundraiser in: Savannah, GA

July 21-27: Rallies in: Lamoni, IA
                                Keokuk, IA
                                Fairfield, IA
                                Williston, ND
                                Bowman, ND
                                Amarillo, TX

July 28-August 3: Rallies in: Lubbock, TX
                                         Odessa, TX
                                         Abilene, TX
                                         Plano, TX
                                         Waco, TX

Fundraisers in: Fort Worth, TX
                                                 Round Rock, TX
                                                 The Woodlands, TX

August 4-10: Rallies in: Austin, TX
                                   McAllen, TX
                                   Corpus Christi, TX
                                   Beaumont, TX
                                   Longview, TX

Fundraisers in: Corpus Christi, TX
                                          Houston, TX
                                          Shreveport, LA

August 11-17: Rallies in: Roanoke, VA
                                     Charlottesville, VA
                                     Richmond, VA
                                     Harrisburg, PA
                                     Scranton, PA
                                     Burlington, VT

Fundraisers in: Glen Allen, VA
                                             Virginia Beach, VA

August 18-24: Rallies in: Springfield, MA
                                     Milford, NH
                                     Seabrook, NH
                                     Carrington, ND
                                     Bowman, ND
                                     Wahpeton, ND

Fundraisers in: Bismarck, ND
                                              Sioux Falls, SD

August 25-31: Rallies in: Devil's Lake, ND
                                     Guttenberg, IA
                                     Brooklyn, IA
                                     Parkersburg, IA
                                     Northwood, IA
                                     Keosaqua, IA
                                     Centerville, IA

Fundraisers in: Pleasant Hill, IA
                                              Marion, IA

Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #194 on: February 15, 2019, 11:52:36 AM »

Lisa Murkowski Debate Answers

Thank you University of North Dakota, and our hosts, Megyn and Tucker. In many ways, North Dakota reminds me a lot of back home. We’re states built on independence, a strong native population, a thriving energy industry, and stewardship of our natural resources. I can think of no better way to describe what this campaign stands for, it’s the values that have long made this country great, which have been my guiding light as Senator. Tonight, you’ll again hear from the field of Republican candidates for President, and I am grateful for the opportunity to lay out my vision for America alongside my colleagues.

Thank you for the question, this is actually something I’ve wanted to address. I have always worked my hardest to best represent my state. Sometimes, that means bucking party orthodoxy on issues like repealing the Affordable Care Act without a viable alternative. However, my constituents also know that I stand for conservative principles like energy independence, protecting the Second Amendment, and pushing for lower taxes. Republican primary voters can rest assured that I will fight for what’s right, not just what we’re told to support by party elites. I don’t answer to them, I answer to all of you.

Tonight’s debate was a conversation amongst friends. I must thank my colleagues for continuing civility, even when we disagree, our moderators, and North Dakota for welcoming us all. America stands at a crossroads. Will we decide to learn from what has and hasn’t worked from this administration, or will we go down a path of all or nothing partisanship. This campaign offers a better way forward, one that is led by the people and our values. That’s why I’m running for President, to keep our country safe, strong, and healthy, to protect our rights from attacks, and to represent the American people, not special interests that run rampant in Washington. Thank you!
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #195 on: February 15, 2019, 10:59:08 PM »

Amash Debate Answers
Opening Statement:
Hello, North Dakota! I am so happy to be here today in a state that truly knows the meaning of liberty and will help me in furthering our fight for liberty and helping me bring that fight to the White House! I am excited to be amongst people who understand why our cause is so important for this country to start moving forward. I can promise you, under an Amash administration, there will be no spying on citizens, and there will be no infringements of our essential, inalienable rights like the first and second amendments, thank you!
Debate Answers:
Look, everybody knows I've never been afraid to buck the GOP on certain issues. Don't get me wrong, the GOP is the party that I have called home for years, but I want everyone to know that I am not afraid to put my country over party, and would do so while president as well, when the elites of the party want me to put the interest of the party or its donors above the American people's own self-interests, like allowing the stealing of peoples personal data, I will never bow to them, because as much as I love my party, there is one thing that nothing can surpass, and that is the love of my country and its citizens, thank you.
Closing Statement:
I am so glad we got to have this wonderful exchange with my friends, not only that but I am also extremely excited for the future of the campaign. I am so excited to announce that my campaign will be entering its next stage, as I will be rolling out my campaign platform later this month. The Principles of Freedom entail three sections, Freedom of Wealth, Freedom of Information, and Freedom of Choice. I'm going to be back in North Dakota to unveil our Freedom of Choice platform later in July, Thank you, North Dakota!
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #196 on: February 16, 2019, 09:24:24 AM »
« Edited: February 16, 2019, 09:48:33 PM by DatGOTTho »

New Credit Dump:

Current Credit Totals:

Democrats
Stacey Abrams: 1.8
Sherrod Brown: 0.8
Alex Sink: 0.4
John Kerry: 0
Pete Buttigieg: 3.4
Beto O'Rourke: 15.2

Republicans
Justin Amash: 2.6
Lisa Murkowski: 1.6
Phil Scott: 2.6
Rick Santorum: 9.6
Rob Portman: 5
Paul Ryan: 22
Nikki Haley: 14
Ben Shapiro: 8.8
Alveda King: 5.4

Independents
Rob Manfred: 2
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #197 on: February 16, 2019, 02:23:16 PM »

Murkowski July Schedule

1-3: North Dakota tour, start in Fargo, then Bismarck, speeches on low unemployment, tax incentives for tech companies, and energy independence.

“North Dakota is a real leader in energy independence. Such industry has helped insulate the state from recession and other economic challenges we’ve faced, and very well may face in the future. We must look to states like North Dakota and Alaska for leadership on energy and industry, especially given the slowdown in economic growth. The government must act to protect industry, not regulate it into obsolescence.”

Visit Minot, point to ND’s leadership on balancing economic and environmental concerns, tour Air Force Base

4th: back to Alaska, time with family, release statement about Independence Day

5th: campaign event in Reno, opening office followed by a rally

“We’re facing a lot of fear on the issue of trade. Fear from rhetoric that says that trade will cost American jobs. This is just untrue. Automation, over regulation, and the urbanization of our economy is what has cost us jobs. This is why we need a President that understands the need to allow the market to flourish, to focus on de-regulating small family farms, and to fight to lower taxes on businesses. This is what we need, not isolationist policies that will drive up the cost of everyday items that will punish the middle class.”

6th-7th: return to Iowa, tour small farms throughout western portion of the state

8th-12th: senate in session, rally in Virginia Beach on domestic security

13-14th: Rallies in Manchester and Portsmouth on the need for a president independent of special interests

15-19th: Senate in session, put forward bipartisan healthcare bill to stabilize marketplace, fundraisers in Maryland and Virginia

20-21st: visit Fort Berthold Indian Reservation in North Dakota, speaking with native leaders on Savanna’s Act and hearing their concerns on issues impacting their community

22-26th: Senate in session, listening tour of rural Virginia, speaking with communities about the opioid epidemic

27-28th: Rally in Des Moines on the need for an addiction task force on opioids

“Opioid abuse impacts all of us. Whether it’s our children, parents, neighbors, or friends, we all know someone who has suffered at the hand of this addiction. We must push for a task force on addiction and treatment, to help treat this issue as it is, a public health epidemic. We must do whatever is necessary to combat this crisis in our communities.”

29-2nd: Senate in session, meeting with Dominion Power about the need for energy independence
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #198 on: February 16, 2019, 05:04:40 PM »

Amash July Campaign Schedule

Amash with Massie and Paul unveiling Freedom of Wealth in Des Moines

July 1-4th: Spend 4 Days In Iowa Unveiling Freedom of Wealth proposal with Massie and Paul:
"I know that all of you hate the government taking the money you earn and spending it like nobody's business?
*Cheers*
"Well, when I get there I'll teach them that the peoples hard earned money isn't something for them to take and spend how they please! Expect the Amash administration to put a lot more money back in your wallet!"
July 9th - 11th: Tour New Hampshire with Will Hurd and Young Kim, UnveilingFreedom of Information proposal:
"I am so glad to have received the endorsement of two of my friends and colleagues in the House. The three of us are on the younger side of members of the Republican Caucus. We are here to show the state my Freedom of Information principle. This principle demonstrates the need for our government to truly enter the 21st century. Our goal is to prevent the government of the country form spying on its citizens, reforming copyright laws so that corporations can't keep their copyrights away from the people's hands, lastly, we want to keep the government accountable for its actions. If the government tries to spy on its people, they will know, my government will be open and accountable and anything the people don't want to be done won't be done, because we are the government by the people for the people, not the other way around, thank you!"
July 16th to 19th: Unveiling Freedom of Choice Principle in North Dakota with Rick Berg and Kevin Cramer:
"I am so happy to be back in North Dakota with my two friends Rick Berg and Kevin Cramer! What we are here to talk about is the idea of choice. Choice in what you choose to do with your life. The government should stay out of it as much as possible."
*Cheers*
"Here in North Dakota, you guys know a little something about Independence. The government should not determine what the people of The U.S do with themselves. The government should not tell people whether or not we can own guns, where we send our kids to school or how we live our lives."
*Cheers*
"We are going to stop regulations that prevent small businesses from thriving, we are going to stop the war on drugs that has deprived so many Americans of their freedom, and we are going to protect the second amendment! Thank you and good night!"
July 23 - 26: Touring VA with Comstock and Fiorina, (With stops at Universities like George Mason and UVA)

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #199 on: February 16, 2019, 08:40:17 PM »

Phil Scott Debate Responses

Opening Statement
To start, I want to thank the University of North Dakota for hosting this debate, I'm excited to be here, and I think we're going to have a great discussion of the issues. I'm very happy to also have meet with the Young Republicans Chapter at this University, and I met with Senator Hoeven earlier today. 

My name is Phil Scott, I grew up in Berry Vermont, a blue collar town my Mom and Dad my great life for me and my brothers, my Dad was a truck driver my trade before he went into World War Two, he was in a wheelchair, he was a double amputee. He'd play catch with us, mow the lawn with us, take off for work. It was part of our normal life. My Dad passed away when I was 11. I reflect now on how difficult that must have been, how my Mom was and how she had to be strong. Overnight she becomes a single Mom with 3 rather rambunctious boys. She's a very special person, she comes from very independent roots herself. I had a very strong family, and both sides. My Aunt Mary was the first selectwoman elected in Vermont.

But this all gave me a deep appreciation for living in Vermont. For those that choose to live here, and those born here. Vermonters are independent, resourceful, and compassionate. But these values are American values. Truly American. It's about being a public servant, it's really important to listen. I've made my whole political career on that. My ability to bring people together, consensus building, and to connect with people. Listening to people, listening to their concerns is half the battle. Because many Americans get frustrated when they feel nobody hears them. Trust and Integrity are very important, I believe that is so important to America. So I'm running for President to bring these values to Washington, because years of dysfunction and gridlock haven't worked for Americans. I believe we can do better, that's why I'm running, because it's time for new leadership, because Americans deserve action, trust, integrity, and public service in government. Thank you.

Question Answer
I do Megyn, in every state we've been, too, we've talked about farmers. But I've been talking about farmers for my entire political career. Or really my whole life, Vermont is a farm start, my neighbors are farmers, my friends are farmers, my Lieutenant Governor is a farmer, and as Governor agricultural issues have always been at the top of my desk. I'm honored to be endorsed by the North Dakota Farm Bureau. I fine group of people out there representing farmers, fighting for them, and bringing agricultural issues to the forefront. I think that the focus of my campaign is broad, it's about integrity, trust, bridging the partisan divide. I have a lot of policies I want to put on the table, a massive infrastructure investment, new tax cuts for farmers and small businesses, reducing the deficit by cutting down on waste, fraud, and abuse like in Vermont and in New Hampshire.

But one of biggest agricultural issues I've raised is the plight of the small town farmer. Being driven out the market by bigger companies often with synthetic products, when I toured rural Iowa this month I spoke to many of those affected. And we all agreed, the status quo isn't working. Washington isn't working. We have to do better. We can't do it in the same partisan way, we have to reach across the aisle, listen to each other. That's what I'm running to do.

Closing Statement
This election is about you the people of this great country. It's about our shared future, our children and grandchildren. I believe the in order to create the best possible future for our kids, in order to set an example for our kids we have to do something different. We need to listen to each other, work together, rise above our partisan differences. My campaign is about a movement of people committed to a better future, a future where we put citizenship and country before politics and party. That's how we'll reduce the deficit, that's how we'll create a more prosperous future, and that's how we'll create a more perfect Union, where we respect the dignity of every person, and we preserve the great ideas of liberty and equality. I hope to see that future with all of you, thank you.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies