The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:46:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 40
Poll
Question: So, to mix things up a little, I've been thinking about changing the network for the election updates every month. Which one should I do for February?
CNN
FOX News
ABC
CBS
Just stick with NBC.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 36358 times)
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.48

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: February 16, 2019, 11:20:52 PM »

NEW SINK ENDORSEMENTS

Governor Newsom said on Saturday about his support for candidates in 2020:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

The Spokeswoman for the Priorities USA Action said on Saturday:

McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #201 on: February 17, 2019, 09:27:36 PM »

ALEX SINK SPEAKS AT "VETERANS FOR SINK" EVENT

At an Event on Sunday, Governor Sink spoke to Veterans, here is what she had to say:
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #202 on: February 17, 2019, 10:56:27 PM »

Lisa Runs Ad “Independent Energy” in Iowa, North Dakota, New Hampshire, and Nevada

“This country was founded on independence. We don’t like to have to rely on anyone else in order to function as a nation.”

“As an Alaskan, I understand this also carries over to our energy production.”

“We must pursue all energy production types if we are truly to be independent. This means using our natural resources effectively, with oil, natural gas, solar, and wind all working hand in hand to power our industry and our homes.”

“I’m Lisa Murkowski, and as Chair of the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources, I have worked to push the United States into an energy policy as independent as her people. I can promise you I will carry this effort into the White House to keep your energy costs down, and standards up. I endorse this message because a truly energy independent country is within our reach.”

domcons
« Reply #203 on: February 18, 2019, 12:26:17 AM »

I (Kamala Harris) am suspending my campaign and am endorsing Sherrod Brown for POTUS! Under his leadership, he will surely unite the country and make sure we are a prosperous nation.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #204 on: February 18, 2019, 09:45:27 AM »

I (Kamala Harris) am suspending my campaign and am endorsing Sherrod Brown for POTUS! Under his leadership, he will surely unite the country and make sure we are a prosperous nation.

KAMALA HARRIS ANNOUNCEMENT

Kamala Harris said Monday:

Uhhh...
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #205 on: February 18, 2019, 04:32:16 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2019, 04:50:34 PM by jakobisgood »

Kamala already dropped out and endorsed me like a while ago... and no switching
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #206 on: February 18, 2019, 05:51:19 PM »

Kamala already dropped out and endorsed me like a while ago... and no switching

Agreed. Harris's endorsement of Alex Sink stands.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #207 on: February 18, 2019, 06:13:32 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2019, 06:16:43 PM by jakobisgood »

ALEX SINK AD, "ARM WRESTLING"

Opening Photo:

I'm Alex Sink and maybe this is how we should decide elections because it couldn't get much more ridiculous.

John Kerry wants you to believe that I'm Anti Veteran,

Pro-Taxes,

and Against Prosecuting Illegal Immigrants who Commit Crimes.

Are you Kidding Me? That's about as silly as this ad.

I approve this message because I've fought for America everyday. And John, I'm just getting started.

NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #208 on: February 18, 2019, 07:16:45 PM »

Amash Ad: Principles of Freedom
You may have heard about Justin Amash's new plan to restore the rights and prosperity of Americans like you, but what are they really?

The government wastes our money rather than letting us spend our earned money how we want. Justin wants to put a stop to that. He is proposing budget and tax cuts to put Americans money back into their pockets and help shrink our deficit as part of the Freedom of Wealth.

We live in increasingly changing times, the country should have a government that truly adapts to changes rather than staying in the 20th century. The Freedom of Information principle is about our government respecting digital privacy and becoming more open.

Choice is something that is so important to this country, as our country has defined ourselves for preventing intrusion in our lives. Freedom of Choice is how Justin plans to keep the government out of peoples lives. Government regulations and laws can prevent citizens from leading happier and more prosperous lives.
Ad to run in North Dakota, Nevada, New Hampshire and Iowa
domcons
« Reply #209 on: February 18, 2019, 07:23:43 PM »

Kamala Harris here, sorry for the confusion, the alzheimers must be progressing! My endorsement for Alex Sink stands.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #210 on: February 18, 2019, 08:35:22 PM »

What is the credits for the Endorsements
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #211 on: February 18, 2019, 08:38:50 PM »

Online Ad

Pete Buttigieg supports a balanced budget and will reduce the debt

I'm Pete Buttigieg and I endorse this message!
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #212 on: February 18, 2019, 08:59:37 PM »
« Edited: February 18, 2019, 09:44:19 PM by DatGOTTho »

What is the credits for the Endorsements

Democrats
Stacey Abrams: 0.4
Sherrod Brown: 0.8
Alex Sink: 0.3
John Kerry: 0.8
Beto O'Rourke: 14.2
Pete Buttigieg: 2.2

Republicans
Lisa Murkowski: 1.4
Phil Scott: 3.4
Justin Amash: 4
Rick Santorum: 6.6
Rob Portman: 3.4
Paul Ryan: 20.6
Nikki Haley: 13
Ben Shapiro: 8.2
Alveda King: 5

Independents
Rob Manfred: 1
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #213 on: February 18, 2019, 09:26:17 PM »

John Kerry surrogate schedules

Elizabeth Warren

Senator Warren has been relatively quite on the campaign trail these first few months, she hasn't ventured very far outside of her traditional heartland in New England. She has made a large impact in the state of New Hampshire though, and that is where she will be staying here in June. Senator Kerry is putting a large effort into protecting the Granite state from outside contention, by one of the other candidates when he will have an advantage from past infrastructure in the state and the campaign being headquartered in Boston. She will emphasize the Senator's policy on the Environment and Social Security while campaigning.

Joe Kennedy III

Representative Kennedy will be sticking to a similar schedule as Senator Warren focusing on grabbing young voters in the Granite state by campaigning on Environmental issues and Social Security. He will be focusing on appearing on as many college campuses as possible and connecting with first time voters. He will be relying on his youth and charisma to entice many voters as he can in this crucial early state for the Senator.

Steny Hoyer

While not as major as the former 2 endorsers, Rep. Hoyer still holds a good amount of sway over national Democrats. He will be spending a lot of time campaigning among the higher ups within state parties, but focusing on state's before Super Tuesday. He will also be making the morning show rounds for Senator Kerry and his campaign, Nevada, South Carolina, California, Iowa, New Hampshire and Texas are all top targets for the Kerry campaign and Representative Hoyer specifically.

Adam Schiff

Whip Schiff will be stumping hard on the west coast and mountain west for Senator Kerry. Focusing on California and Nevada. He will be stumping within key groups of the Democratic electorate in these states focusing on younger, liberal, Democrats in both states. He will be campaigning in the bay area and focusing on Reno in California and Nevada respectively both states will offer key momentum for the Senator in his pathway to the Democratic nomination.

Tim Ryan

Leader Ryan will be focusing on winning voters in the Industrial heartland of Iowa, while Sherrod Brown may be backed by the AFL-CIO and other big unions. Leader Ryan will be the spokesperson for the campaign on issues pertaining to the working class, while he will make several joint appearances with Senator Kerry his campaigning will be almost solely focused on Iowa in the month of June much like how others are focused solely on the areas of New Hampshire and the west coast.

Joe Biden

Vice President Biden is one of Senator Kerry's so called "Superstar Surrogates" he will be making a half dozen joint appearances with the Senator in the month of June, and will be splitting the month focusing primarily on Iowa, but also making several appearances in Nevada and California. He will be campaigning heavily in the African American and Latino communities trying to negate any advantages the other candidates could have in those areas, while the African American community may be harder to bridge the gap any movement will help the Kerry campaign. 

Jesse Jackson

Mr.Jackson is a key member of Senator Kerry's outreach to the Black Community, he will be focusing on South Carolina which is a primary that he won in 1988. He will be campaigning on Senator Kerry's defense of Liberalism and his support of many policies that will help the black community while comparing that to the lack of experience of Governor Abrams who hasn't been in office for a year at this point in the primary cycle.

Chuck Schumer

Senator Schumer will be focusing on the NYC-NJ-PHL metro area, where he can pickup much support for the Senator. He will also be campaigning across the nation on if Democrats want a majority in the Senate then Senator Kerry is the right choice for the next President because he is the strongest Democrat in the field for President. He will be talking to his Senate allies as well within the caucus about Senator Kerry's experience.   

Al Gore
Former Vice President Gore is apart of Senator Kerry's "Superstar Surrogates" He will be focusing primarily on Iowa and Nevada. He will be stumping across the state of Iowa highlighting his connection to farming and his popularity among rural farmers and those who rank religion as a more important factor. He will be focusing on Reno in Nevada as well talking about Senator Kerry's support for the state of Nevada and his deep history within the state and his service in the Vietnam war.

Cedric Richardson
Congressman Richardson is the Chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus and a key surrogate for Senator Kerry in the south. He will be focusing on the state of South Carolina, and attempting to expand Senator Kerry's support among the African Americans of the State and expanding his reach in the key primaries of super tuesday including Tennessee, North Carolina, Alabama, among others.

Debbie Wasserman-Schultz
As former Chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee she holds influence among the state parties and among their chairmen, she will be primarily focusing on campaigning in the democratic vote rich areas in South Florida along with Orange County Florida. Florida will be a key state for the Senator in the primary so an early campaign schedule will help.

Theresa Kerry

Mrs.Kerry will be spending most of her time on the campaign trail with her husband John, but she will also be speaking to numerous women's groups and attempting to expand his support among women of all ages and pledging to fight for literacy among women if her husband is elected President.

John Kerry

Last but not least is the candidate himself, he will be spending the month split between New Hampshire and Iowa focusing on the former but also campaigning vigorously on the latter as he hopes a good finish in Iowa will lead to a victory in New Hampshire and momentum going into super Tuesday when Senator Kerry is campaigning he will be with his wife Theresa and focusing on his experience his stance on Social Security, Healthcare, and the Environment. He will make his service in Vietnam a centerpoint of his campaign focusing on his service to his nation and his 3 purple hearts, Silver Star, and Bronze Star.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #214 on: February 19, 2019, 04:26:40 PM »

RULES FOR DEBATE PARTICIPATION

The following rules will govern each debate:

The debates will be posted on Tuesday night (starting Tuesday, February 5), and will be viewed as the conclusion of the in-game month/turn. Debate answers will be expected by the beginning of the next debate, the following Tuesday, posted to this thread.

There will be three total debates during this stage of the game. Each debate will have one winner (who will receive a boost in the polls and 3 free endorsement credits) and one runner-up (who will receive 2 free endorsement credits). Participation in each individual debate is optional, but the following rewards/penalties will be applied based on number of debates participated in:

All 3 debates: 2 free endorsement credits, as well as any winnings.
2 debates: Any winnings.
1 debate: Unless you finish as either the winner or runner-up, your poll numbers will drop slightly.
0 debates: This will be viewed as a withdrawal from the race, regardless of previous participation or polling numbers.

If you find you cannot participate in a debate, please PM me with an excuse (if it's personal, it does not need to be specific); the debate will be counted in your total as if you had participated, up to 2 debates (while I do not believe any of you would make up excuses to get free credits without participating, I would rather be safe than sorry).

Each candidate will be asked to make an opening statement, answer one posted question relating to them specifically, and make a closing statement. Due to the possibility of people posting initial responses late in the cycle, I will not require or request a rebuttal/response to another candidate's statements or question response.

Answers and statements will be judged on:
  • Coherence (note: grammar =/= coherence; as you're playing as candidates who are giving these statements verbally, the omission of punctuation or incorrect capitalization will not result in docked points; in the same way, a grammatically perfect response that makes no actual sense will not be given additional points)
  • Length (preferably 100-500 words for statements, and 100-250 words for question responses; the limits are set up in order to better simulate a debate environment, where candidates who talk for too short a period are often viewed as vague, while more verbose candidates often get cut off)
  • General appeal (partly my judgment, partly RNG to prevent inherent bias from factoring too heavily into the calculation)

All candidates in the race at the beginning of a debate cycle will be allowed to participate, regardless of polling numbers. If you have any further questions regarding the debates, please post them here, rather than PM-ing me, so that everyone can benefit from the answer.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #215 on: February 19, 2019, 04:47:21 PM »

PLEASE NOTE: UNLESS YOU HAVE BEEN GRANTED AN EXTENSION, YOUR RESPONSES TO THE FIRST DEBATE ARE DUE TONIGHT.

Third Democratic Debate

Blitzer: Good evening. I'm Wolf Blitzer.

King: And I'm John King, and we're here at the University of Nevada in Las Vegas to bring you the third Democratic Presidential Debate!

*crowd cheers*

Blitzer: That's right, John. We're here with...

...Sound Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg...

...Former Representative from Texas's 16th District Beto O'Rourke...

...Former Senator from Massachusetts and 2004 nominee John Kerry...

...Florida Governor Alex Sink...

...Georgia Governor Stacey Abrams...

...and, finally, Senator from Ohio Sherrod Brown.

King: Now, the candidates have all been briefed on the format of the debate and their responses, but, to our viewers at home, here's how it's going to work. Candidates will give an opening statement, answer one specific question, and give a closing statement. Responses and statements will be judged on clarity, length, and, of course, votes from the audience and you, the viewers across the nation.

Blitzer: Indeed. Let's get started.

Specific Questions

To Mayor Buttigieg: Recently, Green New Deal legislation took a hard hit when what was intended to be its opening stages was mangled in the House, 256-179. Noting that means thirty House Democrats voted against it, how would you, a supporter of the GND, assure its passage despite pushbacks?

To Rep. O'Rourke: When you entered this race, you were generally polling above 10%; now your campaign seems to be struggling significantly. What do you intend to do to reverse this trend?

To Senator Kerry: Despite your outspoken endorsement of the Green New Deal, you've been endorsed by many key figures of the establishment wing of the Democratic Party. What do you believe this says about the party's trajectory as a whole?

To Governor Sink: Senator Kerry has lambasted your strategy of attack ads in an otherwise positive primary environment as an act of desperation. How do you respond to that?

To Governor Abrams: As a candidate who's been personally affected by voter suppression, what are your thoughts on a new idea: the automatic registration of 18-year-olds to vote in America?

To Senator Brown: You've spent more time in Iowa so far than any other candidate, save Rick Santorum. Do you believe that's a risky strategy, or do you think your momentum will carry you onward into New Hampshire, North Dakota, etc.?
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #216 on: February 19, 2019, 04:59:07 PM »

Third Republican Debate

Carlson: Good evening. I'm Tucker Carlson.

Kelly: And I'm Megyn Kelly, and we're here at the University of Texas in Arlington to bring you the third Republican President Debate!

*crowd cheers*

Carlson: That's right, Megyn. We're here with...

...Former Georgia State Representative Alveda King...

...Conservative Commentator Ben Shapiro...

...Former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley...

...Vice President Paul Ryan...

...Senator from Ohio Rob Portman...

...Former Secretary of Commerce and Senator from Pennsylvania Rick Santorum...

...Vermont Governor Phil Scott...

...Representative from Michigan's 3rd District Justin Amash...

...and Senator from Alaska Lisa Murkowski.

Kelly: Now, the candidates have all been briefed on the format of the debate and their responses, but, to our viewers at home, here's how it's going to work. Candidates will give an opening statement, answer one specific question, and give a closing statement. Responses and statements will be judged on clarity, length, and, of course, votes from the audience and you, the viewers across the nation.

Carlson: Indeed. Let's get started.

Specific Questions

To State Rep. King: You were one of the first candidates to declare, and yet you've struggled to get above 5% in the polls. Do you believe there's any outside reason for this?

To Mr. Shapiro: Two of the four candidates currently polling above ten percent currently identify as at least partly pro-choice. What is your opinion on what this says about the Republican Party?

To Governor Haley: As an icon to many conservatives, you've shown minorities and Republicans need not be mutually exclusive. Do you have a plan to finally end the Democratic advantage in securing nonwhite votes?

To Vice President Ryan: As President Romney's seeming handpicked successor, to what do you attribute your struggles in the polls of late?

To Senator Portman: Many have noted that you could well face your fellow Ohio Senator, Sherrod Brown, in the general election if you win the primaries. Do you think this would affect your campaign style at all?

To Secretary Santorum and Representative Amash: Both of you come from states that Hillary Clinton carried by less than 5 percentage points in 2016. Do you believe that, following Wisconsin's going for President Romney four years ago, one of you could finally win those states for the first time since 1988, and, if so, how?

To Governor Scott: Your trademark planned infrastructure legislation has come under fire from fiscal hawks for its price tag: how would you pay for such a restoration?

To Senator Murkowski: With the Libertarian Party in chaos following the refusal of Gary Johnson to run for President in 2020, both your and Representative Amash's names have been floated as potential candidates. What would you do if you won that nomination, 1) if you win this primary, and 2) if not? (Note: due to the two-part nature of this question, you will be allowed to go over the 250-word limit.)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #217 on: February 19, 2019, 05:41:07 PM »
« Edited: February 19, 2019, 08:35:14 PM by KaiserDave »

Phil Scott for President Ad #4: For our Country

To air in New Hampshire, Iowa, North Dakota, and Virginia

McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #218 on: February 19, 2019, 07:25:08 PM »
« Edited: February 19, 2019, 07:31:39 PM by jakobisgood »

GOVERNOR ALEX SINK DEBATE ANSWERS

Opening Statement:
I would first like to thank Wolf and John for hosting this debate and for the State of Nevada for allowing us to share our opinions with them tonight. Not only is this race the most historical, but it's the most important. If you don't know me, I am Governor Alex Sink, and I am running for President. You may ask, "Why are you Running"? Well, the answer is quite simple, I'm ready to serve you, the American People. I have a plan for this country, and that is to lead us on, into Economic Prosperity, into a land with Strong Borders, into a new country in which the Government works for the People. That is just a few things, that I plan to bring to the White House. So let's get on with this debate, so that way you can hear my plan, and our way forward.

Debate Answer:
I don't believe pointing out the flaws in Senator Kerry is "desperate". What I'm doing is revealing to the American People the record, and the ideals of all candidates. Pointing out that Senator Kerry voted against the Iraq War, voted against Education Reform, voted against MediCare Reform, and much more, is not me being desperate, it's pointing out facts. Senator Kerry can call it whatever he wants, but seeing his pass record of flip flopping, he'll probably call it something else in the following weeks.

Closing Statement:
Well, I want to take this time to go ahead and thank the Moderators and the other candidates for being here tonight. I imagine your minds are full right now, after all the talk and debate of us. I hope that we made it easier for you to make up your mind, tonight. Tonight, I spoke about a vision of America. An America in which the Government cares for the People, a Government that fights for LGBTQ Rights in every branch of our Military, and so much more. I know that we can achieve greatness as a nation, I know that together we will prosper, and together we will win this race. We can't just stop by winning this primary, we have to take back the Senate, take back the House, and take back this country! Thank you!
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #219 on: February 19, 2019, 07:49:15 PM »

John Kerry debate answers

Opening Statement

Great Question Wolf, My view on America's role stage? Jimmy Carter said "Human Rights is the soul of our foreign policy , because human rights is the very soul of our nationhood." These words will ring true with a Kerry Administration, Free Trade, Free Elections, and Free People are the 3 F's of my Foreign Policy. I learned what it was like to be free after I saw suffering at the hands of man in Vietnam, when I was commanding a swift boat in our "Brown water" navy I risked my life everyday. Did anyone else up here tonight serve? I saw some of the bloodiest days of the war and our nationhood is built on Human Rights, the Foreign Policy of our nation is also built on these rights, and they include the right to be a free people, free elections, and free trade.

Closing statement

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #220 on: February 19, 2019, 09:23:27 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2019, 11:07:41 AM by DatGOTTho »

Election Update 2020
with your hosts, Wolf Blitzer and John King

King: And I'm John King.

Both: And this is your Election Update.

Blitzer: And we begin tonight with a slew of endorsements. Here they are:

Quote from: Restricted

Blitzer: And that will be all the endorsements for tonight, but we have something else for you that we haven't had in a very long time: an interview of a presidential candidate! Tonight we have independent Rob Manfred, the commissioner of the MLB. Rob, how are you tonight?

Manfred: I'm good, Wolf. Glad to be here tonight.

Blitzer: Excellent to here, Rob. Now, our first question: as an independent, many believe you'll be starting this race at a systematic disadvantage. How do you intend to overcome this problem?

Manfred: Well, the majority of America describes themselves as independent or not with any major party. I think it’s time America should look past the two-party system that and give someone who is a 3rd choice who will reach out to both liberals and conservatives on messages that really are important in this country.

We need to stop listening to partisan politics and come together to find the right answer.

Blitzer: Something of a more effective position to take after the recent incidents. Having often used social media and YouTube to state your political positions and campaign, many believe you to be the most tech-savvy candidate in the race. How do you intend to capitalize on this?

Manfred: Well let’s say I am constantly surrounded by electronics *laughs*. Anyways, seriously, I think it’s best if this campaign, if it wants to win, to go where there is a lot of traffic and attraction. We have been through the past few years Republican or Democrats some people’s candidacies really become viral overnight; I also want to attract new voters and make sure that their generation is the one that breaks the two party only system.

Blitzer: Fascinating stuff. Mr. Manfred, assuming you do finally break the two-party stanglehold on the U.S., what will your first 100 days be like?

Manfred: In my 1st 100 days I would renegotiate all trade deals to make sure American workers are getting all that they deserve, I would go for my plan to create a balanced budget amendment, make sure America will invest in Green Energy, Total troop withdrawal from the Middle East, and make sure that every American has a chance to go to a school without paying almost a thousand dollars.

Blitzer: Many goals for such a short period of time, but if anyone can do it...moving on, if there was one thing you could tell the American people tonight, what would it be?

Manfred: They should know that there is a 3rd choice in this race and that it’s not just all Republicans and Democrats.  There is someone who will work with both parties and put political differences aside in order to improve this country.  

We need to send a message to Washington that yes they fear us because we are not bought and sold and that we actually believe in what we are saying and not saying it just to get paid by donors.

Thank you for having me on.

Blitzer: Rob Manfred, always a pleasure. And that will be all for tonight. I'm Wolf Blitzer.

Both: And this has been your Election Update.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #221 on: February 19, 2019, 09:31:54 PM »

BREAKING NEWS
August 30, 2019

Blitzer: And this is not an Election Update, but rather an announcement that we'll be welcoming a new member to the Election Update team, former Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper! John, what will you be doing?

Hickenlooper: I'll be providing you analysis of the political field, what they're doing, and what that means for the primaries that are just five months away. Stay tuned, because you won't want to miss my segment of:

All Three: Your Election Update!
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #222 on: February 20, 2019, 08:52:16 AM »
« Edited: February 23, 2019, 08:34:19 AM by DatGOTTho »

So, due to extensions, new polling and debate winners will be announced tomorrow.

Current Credit Totals:

Democrats
Stacey Abrams: 1.8
Sherrod Brown: 0.8
Alex Sink: 0
John Kerry: 0
Pete Buttigieg: 3.4
Beto O'Rourke: 15.2

Republicans
Justin Amash: 2.6
Lisa Murkowski: 1.6
Phil Scott: 2.6
Rick Santorum: 9.6
Rob Portman: 5
Paul Ryan: 22
Nikki Haley: 14
Ben Shapiro: 8.8
Alveda King: 5.4

Independents
Rob Manfred: 0

Current Endorsements

Democrats
Stacey Abrams
Oprah Winfrey, talk show host and major celebrity from California
Barack Obama, 44th POTUS from Illinois
Hillary Clinton, Democratic presidential nominee in 2016 from New York
Peter Welch, US Rep. from VT-AL
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, US Rep. from NY-14
Pramila Jayapal, US Rep. from WA-07
Mark Pocan, US Rep. from WI-02
Jeanne Shaheen, US Senator from New Hampshire
Des Moines Register
United Steelworkers of America
Change to Win
New Hampshire Union Leader, statewide newspaper
Andrew Gillum, Mayor of Tallahassee, Florida
Richard Cordray, former Attorney General of Ohio and Director of the CFPB
Conservation Fund
Marcia Fudge, US Rep. from OH-11
Raul Grijalva, US Rep. from AZ-03
Our Revolution
Tammy Duckworth, US Senator from Illinois
Debora Pignatelli, Member of the New Hampshire Executive Council from District 5
Kirsten Gillibrand, US Senator from New York
MoveOn

Sherrod Brown
Bernie Sanders, US Senator from Vermont and runner-up in 2016
AFL-CIO, major labor union federation
Jeff Merkley, US Senator from Oregon
Amy Klobuchar, US Senator from Minnesota
Tulsi Gabbard, House Assistant Minority Leader, US Rep. from HI-02, and former candidate
Robert Reich, former US Secretary of Labor from California
Keith Ellison, Attorney General of Minnesota
Marcy Kaptur, US Rep. from OH-09
Ro Khanna, US Rep. from CA-17
Jay Inslee, Governor of Washington and former candidate
Gary Locke, former Governor of Washington
Chris Murphy, US Senator from Connecticut
LeBron James, basketball star from California
Nina Turner, President of Our Revolution, former Ohio State Senator
Barbara Lee, US Rep. from CA-13
John Lewis, US Rep. from GA-05
NARAL Pro-Choice America
Joyce Beatty, US Rep. from OH-03
Patrick Leahy, US Senator from Vermont

Pete Buttigieg
Dave Loebsack, US Rep. from IA-02
Steven Horsford, US Rep. from NV-04
Tom Vilsack, former Governor of Iowa

John Kerry
Elizabeth Warren, US Senator from Massachusetts
Joe Kennedy III, US Rep. from MA-04
Steny Hoyer, US Rep. from MD-05
Adam Schiff, House Minority Whip, US Rep. from CA-28
Tim Ryan, House Minority Leader, US Rep. from OH-13
Joe Biden, 47th Vice President of the United States from Delaware
Jesse Jackson, civil rights activist from Illinois
Chuck Schumer, Senate Minority Leader, US Senator from New York
Al Gore, 45th Vice President of the United States from Tennessee
Cedric Richmond, US Rep. from LA-02
Debbie Wassermann Schultz, US Rep. from FL-23
Hakeem Jeffries, US Rep. from NY-08
Jim Clyburn, US Rep. from SC-06
Terri Sewell, US Rep. from AL-07

Beto O'Rourke
Bill Clinton, 42nd POTUS from New York

Alex Sink
Tom Harkin, former US Senator from Iowa
National Education Union
Chet Culver, former Governor of Iowa
Maggie Hassan, former Governor of New Hampshire
Onward Together, PAC
Kamala Harris, US Senator from California and former candidate
Ann Kuster, US Rep. from NH-02
Jennifer Wexton, US Rep. from VA-10
Abigail Spanberger, US Rep. from VA-07
United Farm Workers of America
Gavin Newsom, Governor of California
Priorities USA Action PAC
United for a Strong America PAC
Planned Parenthood

Republicans
Justin Amash
Rand Paul, US Senator from Kentucky
Thomas Massie, US Rep. from KY-04
Ron Paul, former US Rep. from TX-14
Carly Fiorina, CEO of Hewlett-Packard from Virginia
Barbara Comstock, former US Rep. from VA-10
Lynn Jenkins, former US Rep. from KS-02
Martha McSally, US Senator from Arizona
Kevin Cramer, US Rep. from ND-AL
Rick Berg, US Senator from North Dakota
Will Hurd, US Rep. from TX-23
Young Kim, US Rep. from CA-39

Lisa Murkowski
Susan Collins, US Senator from Maine
Kelly Ayotte, US Senator from New Hampshire
Jon Huntsman, Jr., former Governor of Utah
Mia Love, US Senator from Utah
Shelley Moore Capito, US Senator from West Virginia
Tim Scott, US Senator from South Carolina
Henry McMaster, Governor of South Carolina
Mike Dunleavy, Governor of Alaska
Liz Cheney, US Rep. from WY-AL
Scott Brown, US Secretary of State from Massachusetts
North Dakota Chamber of Commerce
South Carolina Chamber of Commerce

Rob Portman
John Kasich, former Governor of Ohio
Mike DeWine, Governor of Ohio
Kim Reynolds, Governor of Iowa

Rick Santorum
Pat Toomey, US Senator from Pennsylvania
Lou Barletta, former US Rep. from PA-11
Joni Ernst, US Senator from Iowa
Ted Cruz, US Senator from Texas
Scott Perry, US Rep. from PA-10
Scott Walker, former Governor of Wisconsin

Phil Scott
Elise Stefanik, US Rep. from NY-21
Charlie Baker, Governor of Massachusetts and former candidate
Jim Douglas, former Governor of Vermont
Larry Hogan, Governor of Maryland
Charlie Dent, US Rep. from PA-07
Ryan Costello, US Rep. from PA-06
Chris Sununu, Governor of New Hampshire
New Hampshire Farm Bureau
Bill Weld, former Governor of Massachusetts
North Dakota Farm Bureau
John Katko, US Rep. from NY-24
Adam Kinzinger, US Rep. from IL-16
New Hampshire Chamber of Commerce
Eddie Edwards, US Rep. from NH-02
Iowa Farm Bureau
New Hampshire Sheriffs' Association
Scott Taylor, US Rep. from VA-02

Independents
Rob Manfred
Gary Johnson, former Governor of New Mexico and Libertarian presidential nominee in 2016
Jack Dorsey, CEO of Twitter
Bill Gates, founder and former CEO of Microsoft
Arnold Schwarzenegger, former Governor of California

All other candidates have no endorsements at this time.
McGovernite
jakobisgood
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #223 on: February 20, 2019, 09:31:17 PM »

ALEX SINK AUGUST SCHEDULE

August 1st - 31st: Iowa, New Hampshire, California

August 1st - 11th: Iowa

August 1st:
- Hold Opening Rally with Former Governor Chet Culver, and Former Senator Tom Harkin in Des Moines, Iowa
- Campaign with Local Democrats
- Hold Fundraiser with the AFT

August 2nd - August 6th:
- Hold Campaign Rally with Former Governor Chet Culver
- Open new Campaign Office in Iowa City, Iowa
- Attend Parade in Iowa City, Iowa
- Hold Rally with Former Senator Tom Harkin in Iowa City, Iowa
- Hold Fundraiser wit the United Farm Workers of America
- Campaign with Local Democrats
- Meet Chair of the Johnson County, Iowa Democratic Party

August 7th - August 11th:
- Hold "Farmers for Sink" Event in Cedar Falls, Iowa
- Open new Campaign Office in Ankeny, Iowa
- Hold Rally with Former Governor Chet Culver in Ankeny, Iowa
- Attend Parade in Ankeny, Iowa
- Meet Local Farmers in Webster City, Iowa
- Meet Factory Workers in Iowa Falls, Iowa
- Campaign with Local Democrats in Iowa Falls, Iowa
- Meet Executives from Democratic Supporting PACs

August 12th - August 21st: New Hampshire

August 12th - 15th:
- Hold Rally with Rep. Kuster in Goshten, New Hampshire
- Hold Fundraiser in Nashua, New Hampshire for the AFT
- Attend Parade in Manchester, New Hampshire
- Meet Local Farmers in Rural New Hampshire
- Host Q&A at Dartmouth College
- Campaign with Local Democrats in Manchester, New Hampshire

August 16th - 20th:
- Hold Speech on Infrastructure in Keene State College
- Hold "Small Businesses for Sink" Event in Nashua, New Hampshire
- Meet Families in Rural New Hampshire
- Attend Parade in Manchester, New Hampshire
- Campaign with Local Democrats in Hindsdale, New Hampshire
- Open new Campaign Office in Lisbon, New Hampshire

August 21th:
- Hold Closing Rally in Gilsum, New Hampshire with Rep. Kuster
- Hold Fundraiser with the AFT in Nashua, New Hampshire
- Open new Campaign Office in Franklin, New Hampshire

August 22nd - 31st: California

August 22nd - 26th:
- Opening Rally in Los Angeles, California with Governor Gavin Newsom and Senator Kamala Harris
- Attend Pride Parade
- Open new Campaign Office in Los Angeles, California
- Hold Rally with Sen. Kamala Harris in Oakland, California
- Hold Rally with Gov. Gavin Newsom in San Francisco, Califorinia
- Open new Campaign Office in San Francisco, California

August 27th - 30th:
- Hold Rally with Gov. Gavin Newsom and Sen. Kamala Harris in San Diego, California
- Attend Parade in Malibu, California
- Campaign with Local Democrats in Fresno, California
- Hold "Small Businesses for Sink" Event in Fresno, California
- Meet Rural Californians in Shafter, California
- Hold Q&A at UC Berkeley
- Campaign with Local Democrats in San Diego, California

August 31st:
- Hold Closing Rally with Sen. Kamala Harris and Gov. Gavin Newsom in Los Angeles, California
- Campaign with Local Democrats in Los Angeles, California
- Meet Veterans at Edwards Air Force Base in Kern County, California
- Wave to crowd while boarding plane

THIS CONCLUDES THE AUGUST SCHEDULE FOR GOVERNOR ALEX SINK
adamevans
United States

« Reply #224 on: February 20, 2019, 09:45:20 PM »

2nd Democratic Presidential Debate
Sherrod Brown

Thank you, Wolf. On my lapel, I wear a pin depicting a canary in a birdcage. In the early days of the 20th century, coal miners took a canary down into the mines with them to warn them of poisonous gases. Those workers didn’t have a union strong enough or a government that cared enough to protect them.

Through organizing, we changed that. We passed worker safety laws and overtime pay. We banned child labor. We passed clean air and safe drinking water laws. We enacted Social Security, Medicare, workers’ rights, women’s rights and civil rights. But we have so much work left to do to make this a country where anyone can get ahead. That's what this pin means to me. It represents the progress we have made—and the society we continue to fight for every day.

I think Americans understand that we need to take unprecedented action to reverse the past 40 years of wage decline, shrinking economic mobility, and growing corporate influence. We must tell Wall Street that they can no longer risk the livelihood's of millions of Americans with risky gambling; we must reform our campaign finance system to end the system of legalized bribery that allows politicians to be bought and sold; and we must take the necessary action, just like we did generations ago, to build back up our middle class and restore the dignity in all work, whether you're black, white, hispanic, or gay.

I stand on this stage tonight to represent that message.

Let's be clear, Wolf, I am in favor of aggressive climate change action. Climate change threatens the environment, future economic output, and the world our kids will live in tomorrow. For the past 8 years, we've allowed our environment to be chipped away at the profit of corporate energy executives, and we haven't seen the President take action against this existential threat about the future of our planet and it's great lakes, forests, and other natural resources. All the while, Climate scientists tell us every day how our planet’s climate is warming and how it will have a compound negative effect in all areas of our future. We cannot allow our future to continue to be sold out. I've been backed by multiple environmentalist giants such as Governor Inslee. I think my progressive credentials speak for themselves; my votes in the Senate have consistently been pro-environment.

In essence, I support the idea of achieving net-zero carbon emissions in the next couple decades. The crisis of democracy is largely fueled by the unprecedented power of transnational corporations, and, more often than not, the most powerful of them is big oil. Not only does it influence elections, in many countries, it often sets domestic and international policy. Big oil companies have been excluded from being accountable for basic environmental standards, all the while they have been allowed massive tax breaks and direct taxpayer subsidies. In order to save our environment, we need to reign in the power of big oil by revoking those subsidies, and investing historically into good-paying, renewable energy jobs, as well as accessible, clean water, and it would be a core part of my infrastructure plan as President.

When you love your country, you fight for the people that make it work. That is what I get up every day fighting for in the United States Senate for all the workers across our country. Along this campaign, I've heard the stories of middle class families working 40 hours a week being squeezed by an economy that doesn't work for the workers in it; in factories, in offices, in grocery stores. They see millions of their jobs sent overseas for the interests of corporate profits over their own lives, they see a Congress that rams through a tax bill where billionaires and millionaires get thousands in tax breaks while Congress then claims they have to pay for it through cuts to Social Security and Medicare.

People are angry about that for a reason. They're angry that special interests and Washington lobbyists get their say in Washington and there's not much voice left for working families. Washington doesn't understand the dignity in work. Frankly, a lot of the leverage corporate executives get is thanks to our corrupt campaign finance laws that allows Wall Street to get a bailout and the working class to get a layoff. That is unacceptable. We must transform our economy in order to revitalize the American middle class and build an economy that raises wages, promotes economic mobility, and restores the dignity in our work.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 40  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies