The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 10:43:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: So, to mix things up a little, I've been thinking about changing the network for the election updates every month. Which one should I do for February?
CNN
FOX News
ABC
CBS
Just stick with NBC.
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The Great 2020 Free-For-All (Gameplay Thread)  (Read 35850 times)
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« on: January 29, 2019, 03:47:32 PM »

AMASH ANNOUNCES IN GRAND RAPIDS

Amash Addressing Supporters in Grand Rapids

"I am so glad to be addressing you guys today and announcing my candidacy for President of the United States! I come as a representative of Good Government. The kind of Government who lets you spend your money as you want, rather than wasting your money with abandon! The kind of government that doesn't spy on its citizens! I am getting into this campaign to remind the people of this country that there is a better way, a way in which the government is beholden to the citizens rather than elites with enough money to influence decisions being made on capital hill.

I have never missed a vote on the House floor* because the I was elected by the people to be their representative in the house and I have carried that responsibility with me for my near decade of tenure in the House. As president, I will take this burden up for the country as a whole, that is my promise to you, America!"

*I am assuming Amash didn't miss the vote on the Health Care bill considering it doesn't exist. Correct me if I'm wrong and he just missed some other bill.
(OOC: Can I cash in my endorsement credits for Thomas Massie and Rand Paul? That would be 4, leaving me with 1.4 left, right? A schedule will be up tonight)

NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 09:23:45 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2019, 10:43:21 PM by NyIndy »

Amash Schedule Feb-June 2019

Feb. - June 2019 -
Amash Spent most of the most of the month on the campaign trail introducing himself to the voters in the first three primary states of Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada. Many stops were made to colleges where Amash had grown popular among college Republicans. Youth voters were his best group polling wise. He was introduced by Kentucky Senator Rand Paul and received his endorsement.

Paul Endorsing Amash in Durham, NH

"Justin is a man who I know is dedicated to the cause of liberty for individuals and that's why I am endorsing him today! Give a warm welcome to my friend Justin!"

Amash also began to campaign in places like Alaska, Idaho, North Dakota, Oklahoma and his Home state of Michigan.

In April, Amash received the endorsement of Thomas Massie in KY. The two were friends in Congress and his endorsement was not a huge surprise.

Massie endorsing Amash

The next two months were more of the same, with Amash continuing to focus on NH, IA, and NV with occasional stops outside the states to continue to get his name out there.

EDIT - Forgot my actual schedule, here it is (blank time means Congressional duties/resting:
Feb. 1st-4th: Tour across NH:
Feb 1st: Attending opening of Offices in Durham, speech to Young Americans for Liberty on UNH campus
Feb 2nd: Attend the opening of the office in Manchester
3-4th: Touring state with Rand Paul
Feb 9 - 10: Townhalls in towns across IA, Opening an office in Des Moines.
Feb. 15 - 17th: Campaigning across MI, (Detroit, Lansing, Ann Arbor and ending in Grand Rapids)
Feb 18 - 21st: District Work Period (Return to MI-3, meet constituents and staffers)
Feb 22 - 23rd: Speaking in ND (Fargo + Bismarck)
Feb 28th: Speak at CPAC 2019
March:
Mar. 1 - 3rd: New Hampshire Local media
Mar 9 - 10: New Hampshire Campaigning with Ron + Rand Paul

Paul Campaigns for Amash in Berlin, NH
Mar. 12th: Attend speaking event in D.C at George Washington U.
March 16 - 18th: Swing through Nevada, Speaking in Las Vegas, Reno, and Carson City
March 22 - 25th: Speaking Tour through AK
April:
April 3rd - 4th: Rally in OKC with Ron Paul, barnstorm across the state.
April 9th - 12th: Accept Endorsement of Rep. Thomas Massie in Florence KY, tour state with Rand and Massie.
April 20 - 21st: Barnstorming in Kentucky
April 26th - 30th: Barnstorming in New Hampshire (with Speeches and Rallies at Dartmouth and UNH with Ron Paul
May:
May 6 - 9th: Speaking at Drake University in Iowa, followed by Bus Tour across the state.   
May 12- 15th: Tours across Multiple cities in Iowa
May 19 - 21st: Media Circut doing interviews in Fox and CNN (NY, LA)
May 25 - 30th: Complete State Wide tour of NH North to South (Pittsburgh and Lancaster in the North to Nashua and Manchester in the South)

NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 07:29:03 PM »

Ad - "Who Am I?"

To run in the following states:

"Hi, I'm Representative Justin Amash, I'm running for president to give Americans the chance to elect a President who will make sure that the government stays accountable to the people. I have always been open and accessible as a representative, even tweeting why I vote for all the bills I do in Congress. If you choose me to lead this great nation, I promise to maintain my openness as your leader. My goal is to but more citizens wealth and privacy back in their hands, as well as ending corporate welfare at the expense of the people. Thank you."
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 07:34:21 PM »

To run in all of the following states:

Ad: Liberty

When Justin Amash talks about Liberty, what does that mean?

It's a concept that has existed since the beginning of our nation and is deeply important to our country, yet some of those who are in power seem to have forgotten what it means, let's give 'em a refresher.

It's about me having a choice in where my kids get to go to school.

It's about me getting to spend my money, instead of the government taking it out of my wallet.

It's about the government respecting my right to privacy, and not spying on its own citizens.

If you want to remind those in Washington what liberty means, vote Amash.

NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 02:10:01 PM »

Amash June 2019 Campaign Schedule

Blank Spaces are rest/ Congressional Duties

June 6 - 9th:
Touring Southern New Hampshire (Portsmouth, Manchester, Concord)
Speech at Rally for Liberty at SHNU campus
Speaking at Don't Spy on Me Rally

June 14 - 16th:
Nevada Speaking Tour
Rallies in Carson City and Las Vegas
Fundraiser in Las Vegas

June 22 - 24th:
North Dakota Tour
Bismark and Fargo Rallies

June 29th - July 1st:
Iowa Speaking Tour
Events at Cedar Rapids and Des Moines
Events at Drake and Iowa State University
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 04:15:36 PM »

Amash Thanks Fiorina for her Endorsement!

I'm sure you all heard about our newest endorsement?

*Cheers*

I'd like to thank Ms. Fiorina for her Endorsement! Welcome to the team, together we're gonna spread the message of liberty first to the party, and then the country!

*Crowd Roars*
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 04:22:57 PM »

OOC: This isn't exactly about the debates, but polling in IA and NH is releasing before the debates, correct?
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2019, 06:59:44 PM »

Amash to speak on recent events

I just want to preface that I am so glad to see my colleagues on both sides of the aisle to condemn the horrible act of terrorism that we have seen. To overcome the worst of humanity we must come together and display what makes us such a great country.

There are some in our country who point fingers, at the other side, at the media and anyone else who tries to hold them accountable for the vitriol they spew. These people, knowingly or not, cause consequences by inciting violence. And when I preach freedom of speech, we must all understand why this right is such an important one. We must all understand that we matter and that the words we say matter and this is exactly why. The one thing I hope we all learn from these terrible proceedings is words meaning, for every patriot who has spoken against tyranny and for freedom, there have been many wannabe tyrants who have used their speech for suppression and incitement of violence. This is why we must all cherish our rights and ensure we stop those who use those to threaten rather then help.
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2019, 08:20:29 PM »

Amash debate responses

Opening Statement: First of all, I would like to thank our host for this debate, University of South Carolina and Megyn and Tucker for hosting. I think many people in our nation understand why I'm here, and that would be to champion the cause of liberty. To me, freedom is what this great country was founded on, the choices we make should truly be ours and not forced on us due to government intervention. What we do in our time, with our money and our property should be a decision for the people who are facing the choice, rather than the government using regulations, taxes, and laws that are far too invasive. This country was founded on the principles of individual liberty, and we as Americans have a duty to honor our founding fathers.

Answer: I don't believe my house experience is any less valuable than the experience that my colleagues who are or have bee Senators or Governors. I have carried my duties as a member of the House of Representatives with the great responsibility they endow me with. I think my track record of never missing a vote in the House or the fact that my votes are always backed up by reasons as to why I had chosen to vote that way. I think this obsession with rank is detrimental, especially as we work towards getting more civic engagement in our political scene. Personally, I believe anybody who believes they have what it takes to run for office should be able to and get to show what they have to offer to the nation. As for me, being a member of the House for 10 years and with a great record to look back on as well as a very happy constituency is exactly the record I wish to be touting as I make my run to the presidency.

Closing statement: I would again like to thank our hosts, moderators, participants, and viewers at home. If I could leave one thing with the audience today, is that a vote for me is a vote for liberty. A vote for choice. The choices you make should be yours and yours only. The government belongs nowhere near your choices regarding where your child goes to school, how you spend your money, whether or not you choose to exercise your right to bear arms among many others. Thank you for your time, America
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 10:59:08 PM »

Amash Debate Answers
Opening Statement:
Hello, North Dakota! I am so happy to be here today in a state that truly knows the meaning of liberty and will help me in furthering our fight for liberty and helping me bring that fight to the White House! I am excited to be amongst people who understand why our cause is so important for this country to start moving forward. I can promise you, under an Amash administration, there will be no spying on citizens, and there will be no infringements of our essential, inalienable rights like the first and second amendments, thank you!
Debate Answers:
Look, everybody knows I've never been afraid to buck the GOP on certain issues. Don't get me wrong, the GOP is the party that I have called home for years, but I want everyone to know that I am not afraid to put my country over party, and would do so while president as well, when the elites of the party want me to put the interest of the party or its donors above the American people's own self-interests, like allowing the stealing of peoples personal data, I will never bow to them, because as much as I love my party, there is one thing that nothing can surpass, and that is the love of my country and its citizens, thank you.
Closing Statement:
I am so glad we got to have this wonderful exchange with my friends, not only that but I am also extremely excited for the future of the campaign. I am so excited to announce that my campaign will be entering its next stage, as I will be rolling out my campaign platform later this month. The Principles of Freedom entail three sections, Freedom of Wealth, Freedom of Information, and Freedom of Choice. I'm going to be back in North Dakota to unveil our Freedom of Choice platform later in July, Thank you, North Dakota!
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 05:04:40 PM »

Amash July Campaign Schedule

Amash with Massie and Paul unveiling Freedom of Wealth in Des Moines

July 1-4th: Spend 4 Days In Iowa Unveiling Freedom of Wealth proposal with Massie and Paul:
"I know that all of you hate the government taking the money you earn and spending it like nobody's business?
*Cheers*
"Well, when I get there I'll teach them that the peoples hard earned money isn't something for them to take and spend how they please! Expect the Amash administration to put a lot more money back in your wallet!"
July 9th - 11th: Tour New Hampshire with Will Hurd and Young Kim, UnveilingFreedom of Information proposal:
"I am so glad to have received the endorsement of two of my friends and colleagues in the House. The three of us are on the younger side of members of the Republican Caucus. We are here to show the state my Freedom of Information principle. This principle demonstrates the need for our government to truly enter the 21st century. Our goal is to prevent the government of the country form spying on its citizens, reforming copyright laws so that corporations can't keep their copyrights away from the people's hands, lastly, we want to keep the government accountable for its actions. If the government tries to spy on its people, they will know, my government will be open and accountable and anything the people don't want to be done won't be done, because we are the government by the people for the people, not the other way around, thank you!"
July 16th to 19th: Unveiling Freedom of Choice Principle in North Dakota with Rick Berg and Kevin Cramer:
"I am so happy to be back in North Dakota with my two friends Rick Berg and Kevin Cramer! What we are here to talk about is the idea of choice. Choice in what you choose to do with your life. The government should stay out of it as much as possible."
*Cheers*
"Here in North Dakota, you guys know a little something about Independence. The government should not determine what the people of The U.S do with themselves. The government should not tell people whether or not we can own guns, where we send our kids to school or how we live our lives."
*Cheers*
"We are going to stop regulations that prevent small businesses from thriving, we are going to stop the war on drugs that has deprived so many Americans of their freedom, and we are going to protect the second amendment! Thank you and good night!"
July 23 - 26: Touring VA with Comstock and Fiorina, (With stops at Universities like George Mason and UVA)

NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2019, 07:16:45 PM »

Amash Ad: Principles of Freedom
You may have heard about Justin Amash's new plan to restore the rights and prosperity of Americans like you, but what are they really?

The government wastes our money rather than letting us spend our earned money how we want. Justin wants to put a stop to that. He is proposing budget and tax cuts to put Americans money back into their pockets and help shrink our deficit as part of the Freedom of Wealth.

We live in increasingly changing times, the country should have a government that truly adapts to changes rather than staying in the 20th century. The Freedom of Information principle is about our government respecting digital privacy and becoming more open.

Choice is something that is so important to this country, as our country has defined ourselves for preventing intrusion in our lives. Freedom of Choice is how Justin plans to keep the government out of peoples lives. Government regulations and laws can prevent citizens from leading happier and more prosperous lives.
Ad to run in North Dakota, Nevada, New Hampshire and Iowa
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2019, 04:18:47 PM »

Can I commission polls of NH NV and ND?
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2019, 06:46:46 PM »

Yeah I just got them, thanks
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2019, 05:43:42 PM »

Justin Amash August Schedule
August 1-7th:
Barnstorming New Hampshire with Ron and Rand Paul with policy proposals from Principles of Freedom in the state.
August 8-12th:
Barnstorm VA with Barbara Comstock and Carly Fiorina, visiting campuses of Universities across the state like UVA and GMU due to his popularity with younger voters.
August 13th - 16th:
Barnstorm Kentucky with Rand Paul and Thomas Massie, touting economic freedom in Various town fairs and Diners across the state.
August 17th to 23rd:
Touring Iowa with Young Kim, Martha McSally and Lynn Jenkins, the Amash team will be visiting many rural areas and small towns, touting their support of the second amendment and tax cuts.
 August 24th-29th:
Touring North Dakota with John Hoeven, Rick Berg and Kevin Cramer, Touring Bismark and Fargo as well as the University of North Dakota being the site of a massive Rally for Amash.
August 30 - Sept 1st:
Flying to Las Vegas to receive former Governor Brian Sandoval's endorsement, and Host campaign events in Las Vegas, Carson City and Reno with Him.
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2019, 08:39:31 PM »

Amash debate responses
Opening Statements:
Hello everyone, I'd like to thank the hosts of our debate, as well as the venue for hosting our discussion which will hopefully yield some positive results in our race. Our country deserves better than a slog that never lets them know how we would help them and their communities rather than tearing each other down. We need to remember that we'll all be cheering on the nominee in the fall, so let's not burn bridges and come out of this primary as a united party, thank you.
Question:
Well, frankly, I would agree that some of us do bring different benefits as candidates and that where we come from in the nation would be a potential benefit. This is true, knowing what battleground state's voters may want would put me into a better position to win those states than someone who isn't, but the country frankly isn't going to vote for someone who lives near them if they don't have something unique about them. If we are going to be able to capture the White House for another term, we can't simply be another Republican. The Republican party has controlled the presidency for 8 years already, and we have been graced with an extremely unique field of candidates who are up to the task, however I think my dedication to government openness and support of liberty and choice in peoples lives rather than government dictating the people's actions as well as my familiarity with the people of the crucial battleground states and their wants and needs positions me as the GOP's best chance to win the presidency in 2020.
Ending Statement:
Again, I would like to thank the University for hosting this debate, as well as the moderators. I'd also like to thank the viewers themselves for informing themselves and engaging in the civic process because you are exactly what truly makes this nation so great. I hope my colleagues and I didn't bore. If you are interested in keeping the American spirit alive and keeping to the constitution as our founding fathers intended, consider voting for me. Thank you, and God Bless America.
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2019, 10:26:30 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2019, 08:21:39 AM by NyIndy »

Amash Schedule September - October
September 3rd to September 5th: Continue to Campaign in Nevada with Sandoval
"I know that his dedication and willingness to fight for everyday Nevadans and Americans makes him the best-suited candidate to take America and the Republican Party into the 2020s so when it comes time to make your voice heard in this Caucus, I urge you vote Amash for President!"

Sandoval Campaigns for Amash
September 10th to 15th:
Touring Oklahoma giving speeches on the necessity of Tax Cuts.
"You know that the government has a spending problem right? We need to wean the government off of the people's hard earned money! They just spend and they spend then they spend some more! My proposal is asking for money to be taken out of the government's hands. But were are going to be fiscally responsible. We aren't going to run up deficits as others have. We're going to reduce spending and boost revenues in other ways. For example, I have a plan to legalize Marijuana nationwide. I believe that we can cut down on incarceration rates, lowering the cost of law enforcement and holding people whos only crime was using a substance less harmful than Alcohol."
September 20th - 24th:
Campaigning in Tennesee with Rand Paul campaigning on Deregulation
September 26 - 28th:
North Carolina Barnstorming

October 3 - 5th:
New Hampshire Road tour
October 11 - 15th Campaigning in Iowa
October 20 - 25th Campaigning in North Dakota with Rick Berg, Kevin Cramer, and John Hoeven
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2019, 10:44:00 PM »

Amash Schedule November to December
November 3 - 7th: Campaign in New Hampshire
Amash will sweep across the south of the state focusing on the cities and rural areas, while in the cities playing up his more socially liberal to moderate views. While in rural towns, he focuses his speeches more on his libertarian views on gun ownership as well as government spending reductions.
November 9 - 16th: Iowa Barnstorming
Amash Campaigns on College Campuses and Diners across the state. Multiple events are set up in College and Highschool gymnasiums, including a televised town hall in Iowa State University's auditorium.
November 22 - 24th: North Dakota Campaigning
Campaigning commences across the state of North Dakota with Amash's surrogates Rick Berg, Kevin Cramer, Ron Paul, and John Hoeven. 
December 1st - 4th Campaigning across Nevada
Surrogates Brian Sandoval and Will Hurd Campaign across the State with Justin.
December 9th - 19th Iowa Campaigning
A Massive Ten Daylong effort to Barnstorm Iowa, being joined at multiple different events by Ron Paul, Carly Fiorina, and Lynn Jenkins. This Trip is also notable for being the trip which saw Justin Amash Celebrate his visiting all 99 of Iowa's counties.
December 27th - December 31st: Campaigning in North Carolina and Virginia
Justin joined Barbara Comstock and Carly Fiorina in the state of Virginia before turning south on the 30th to campaign in the state of North Carolina.
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2019, 09:11:57 PM »

Ad: Country over All
Hi, I'm Congressman Justin Amash, and I'm running for President.

One thing I want you to know is that I'm not a typical Republican. I put my country over party, in fact, I put my country and its people over just about anything. When Republican orthodoxy was to extend the Patriot Act and continue spying on its citizens, I bucked the party and instead voted to repeal it. When it comes to protecting Americans and their liberties, nothing will stop me from ensuring I do everything in my power to keep Americans free. I promise that I will be the same way as your President. When I think something is right, I'll act on it, no Party or special interest will stop that.

I hope you'll join me in standing for America and its people by casting your vote for me, Justin Amash, thank you.

To air in IA, NH, NV, ND
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2019, 05:38:25 PM »

Amash Campaign Schedule January - Feb. 3rd:

Jan 2 - 5th:
Campaigning in Tennesee
Amash will first head to Tennesse to receive the endorsement of outgoing Senator Lamar Alexander.

"Look, I've had a great honor in being given the responsibility of representing this great state of Tennessee in the Senate for years. And now, as I'm leaving, the final presidential endorsement of my Senate career will proudly go to Justin Amash!"

Jan 7 - 9th:
Campaigning in Oklahoma
The Campaign heads down to Oklahoma and campaigns with Senator Jim Inhofe

Jan 12th - 15th:
North Carolina Campaign
Amash receives the endorsements of Tom Tillis and Richard Burr as he campaigns in North Carolina.

Jan 17th - 19st:
The Campaign Heads to California with Young Kim and Carly Fiorina
They campaign across the state, including stops in College campuses and Cities like San Diego and L.A.

Jan 22nd - 25th:
Campaigning Amash begins his swing across the early primary states. He begins in New Hampshire and campaigns across to state in a campaign bus. The cities that are visited by the Campaign include 
Laconia, Berlin, Durham, Portsmouth, Concord, and Manchester.

Jan 26th - Feb 3rd:
Campaigning in Iowa
The Amash Campaign will work across the state of Iowa by barnstorming the state for a week. Amash works to increase turnout amongst his core constituencies, being College students drawn to his more moderate to liberal (for a Republican) views and Rural people who enjoy his fiscally conservative views and thoughts on gun control.
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2019, 04:09:53 PM »

Amash Campaign statement on the Passing of Pres. Carter

President Carter's passing is a deeply saddening event, and I believe we should work hard to honor his wishes of bipartisanship, and his kindness and compassion. Even if you don't agree with his political positions, we should all appreciate his embodiment of the American Dream, a peanut farmer from Georgia rising to become President of The United States.
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2019, 02:41:16 PM »

I’m a yea
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2019, 10:12:31 PM »

AD: A Good Fit

I'm Kevin Cramer, I've served North Dakota in Congress alongside Congressman Amash for years. He's dedicated his time there defending Liberty and fighting for people's rights against intrusive government agencies.

I'm Rick Berg

And I'm John Hoeven, together, the two of us have served our great state in the Senate for 18 years. We're coming to you today because we believe that Justin Amash is the best choice of the Presidential candidates. His Values are North Dakota Values of Independence, Strength, and Freedom. When it comes to North Dakota, Justin Amash is a pretty good fit.

Justin Amash, Empowering People, not Government

To Air in North Dakota
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2019, 04:18:59 PM »

Do GOTV posts matter at this point?
NyIndy

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2019, 06:03:06 PM »

AMASH CAMPAIGN HQ RELEASES STATEMENT ON IOWA CAUCUS RESULTS

"While we know we aren't going to finish first, this placement is actually a win for the Amash team. The Des Moines Register's Poll had us in a distant fourth and we have ended in a competitive third place. We've outperformed our polling expectations and are excited by that. Rep. Amash will begin speaking soon."

Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies