Comedy Goldmine 3: The Mineshaft--SHAFT!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 06:17:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Comedy Goldmine 3: The Mineshaft--SHAFT!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 30
Author Topic: Comedy Goldmine 3: The Mineshaft--SHAFT!  (Read 113937 times)
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #425 on: December 15, 2007, 05:53:57 PM »

Believe it or not, Christians in this country are persecuted, though not as severely as our brethren in third-world countries.

In America, you have the ACLU, which I call the Anti Christian Litigation Unit, tries to stamp out all forms of Christianity there is and would even be overjoyed at every person that professes to know Christ be thrown in jail and executed.  They try to take Christ out of Christmas (Yes, Christmas is a Christian holiday).  They took prayer out of our schools.  They take the Ten Commandments off our courtroom walls.  They throw you in jail for praying on the steps of the US Capitol.  Believe me, folks, there is a war going on.  The war is raging between the forces of the Prince of the Air (Satan) and the Saints of God (Christians).  Fortunately, though, no matter how bad it gets, The Bible gives this one promise that every Christian who genuinely has asked Christ to come into their hearts to save them can hold on to:  We know who wins the war in the end.  Satan while he is still fighting, knows he has been defeated.  He knows he is doomed to the lake of fire, which is Hell.  He is just trying to bring as many people as he can with him.  To rephrase what the famed radio talk show host Paul Harvey would say "We know the rest of the story".  This battle that I'm talking about is not fought with swords or guns or cannons or armored vehicles.  It is fought on our hands and knees praying and crying out to our God.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #426 on: December 15, 2007, 06:00:02 PM »

Believe it or not, Christians in this country are persecuted, though not as severely as our brethren in third-world countries.

In America, you have the ACLU, which I call the Anti Christian Litigation Unit, tries to stamp out all forms of Christianity there is and would even be overjoyed at every person that professes to know Christ be thrown in jail and executed.  They try to take Christ out of Christmas (Yes, Christmas is a Christian holiday).  They took prayer out of our schools.  They take the Ten Commandments off our courtroom walls.  They throw you in jail for praying on the steps of the US Capitol.  Believe me, folks, there is a war going on.  The war is raging between the forces of the Prince of the Air (Satan) and the Saints of God (Christians).  Fortunately, though, no matter how bad it gets, The Bible gives this one promise that every Christian who genuinely has asked Christ to come into their hearts to save them can hold on to:  We know who wins the war in the end.  Satan while he is still fighting, knows he has been defeated.  He knows he is doomed to the lake of fire, which is Hell.  He is just trying to bring as many people as he can with him.  To rephrase what the famed radio talk show host Paul Harvey would say "We know the rest of the story".  This battle that I'm talking about is not fought with swords or guns or cannons or armored vehicles.  It is fought on our hands and knees praying and crying out to our God.
What color is this guy's avatar again?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #427 on: December 15, 2007, 06:19:04 PM »

Duh.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #428 on: December 15, 2007, 10:48:06 PM »

What happens to people who attack our savior, Mitt Romney:

Hate monger Huckabee goes down in flames, and deservedly so.

Obama/Easley                493
Huckabee/Heineman        45

Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #429 on: December 15, 2007, 11:09:56 PM »

Every time the thought in my head is beginning to die that his avatar is the wrong color, he inevitably will say something like that and make it flare back up again. Tongue
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #430 on: December 16, 2007, 12:02:37 AM »

Unfortunately, Democrats like him are much more common than this forum would seem to suggest.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #431 on: December 16, 2007, 12:17:44 AM »

In Oklahoma maybe. Not in normal places.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #432 on: December 16, 2007, 01:10:03 AM »

Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #433 on: December 16, 2007, 02:35:56 AM »

What happens to people who attack our savior, Mitt Romney:

Hate monger Huckabee goes down in flames, and deservedly so.

Obama/Easley                493
Huckabee/Heineman        45

I wonder how he would explain Mitt's hate for people without religion...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #434 on: December 17, 2007, 12:02:50 AM »

Josh and DWDL have both flip-flopped, but Josh is the more centrist candidate, while DWDL is an extremist who wants to privatize the government.

Until tomorrow when he picks up another political philosophy in order to try to make friends and be popular.

WHICH ONE IS HE TALKING ABOUT???

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #435 on: December 18, 2007, 04:57:54 PM »

Buy in Ohio!  Screw a pool, we have INDOOR WATERPARKS out the wazoo!  .

Is that another way of saying a bathroom?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #436 on: December 18, 2007, 11:03:24 PM »

You could......but it wouldn't have any relevance to the debate.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #437 on: December 18, 2007, 11:14:42 PM »

How is that funny?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #438 on: December 18, 2007, 11:15:54 PM »

How is it not, Josh made a stupid point and Preston said a quip that was hilarious in return
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #439 on: December 18, 2007, 11:17:17 PM »

NC is heading to be "the NY of the south"

No it really is not in any sense.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #440 on: December 19, 2007, 07:07:28 AM »

This thread is actually supposed to be funny.

Where's the funny?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #441 on: December 19, 2007, 01:18:12 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=66525.0
HardRCafé
YaBB God
Italy
« Reply #442 on: December 19, 2007, 06:58:15 PM »

In light of this rumor, was this really the best week for Newsweek to run this cover?:

"The Sleeper"?!?  He even looks like he's taking off his tie!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #443 on: December 19, 2007, 08:20:43 PM »

Oh, god. Check out this headline from the U.K's Daily Mail:

No. Stop Now. Don't. Ever. Do. That. Again.
I lol'd.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #444 on: December 19, 2007, 10:46:38 PM »

You're going to make this result in a Kennedy loss aren't you?  Gonna have Johnson lose the primary and run as a third party candidate or something.

Wait and see.

Oh, and by the way, next time you type a post, use the spell check.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #445 on: December 20, 2007, 12:29:05 AM »

I agree completely.  This forum would be much better off and much more interesting as far as debate is concerned if Mark Del, Dazzleman (BRTD & Co. are in no position -given their seeming idolization of Opebo- to criticize him for alleged pedophilia), and other Republicans who were here when I just arrived (and before I even showed up) came back.  They at least would give the GOP a stronger presence on here.

or, you could just start posting more often.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #446 on: December 20, 2007, 12:31:22 AM »

You're going to make this result in a Kennedy loss aren't you?  Gonna have Johnson lose the primary and run as a third party candidate or something.

Wait and see.

wtf?  I went over HappyWarrior's post three times and failed to find a single misspelled word.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #447 on: December 20, 2007, 12:34:50 AM »

Wait and see.

wtf?  I went over HappyWarrior's post three times and failed to find a single misspelled word.

Gonna? Huh
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #448 on: December 20, 2007, 12:36:05 AM »

Wait and see.

Gonna? Huh

If that's a spelling mistake, then so is "don't" and "won't".
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #449 on: December 20, 2007, 12:38:33 AM »

Wait and see.

Gonna? Huh

If that's a spelling mistake, then so is "don't" and "won't".

Well, gonna is a somewhat irregular contraction.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 30  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies