Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 03:51:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 74
Author Topic: Hot, Bad & Unpopular Takes  (Read 141934 times)
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: January 26, 2018, 07:59:49 PM »

-I believe the death penalty should apply to child molesters and rapists, and that an automatic death penalty should be given to serial killers.
-Humans nature is fundamentally evil.
-Inequality is the natural state of society, and its causes are internal rather than primarily due to systematic oppression.

Opinion in bold isn't a bad opinion. Its one of the main points of conservatism, you run yourself, the government doesn't give you a piggyback ride.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #576 on: January 26, 2018, 11:26:10 PM »

It's easier to be a tw&t offline (a few professional exceptions) than it is online.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #577 on: January 27, 2018, 12:08:37 PM »

Elizabeth Warren is the best Senator.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #578 on: January 27, 2018, 12:36:16 PM »

People who hate an entire state and aren't just joking about it (e.g., the Cardinals beat the Cubs in the Playoffs and Illinois later loses to Mizzou in the Braggin' Rights Game and I say how much I hate the state of Missouri) are generally stupid.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #579 on: January 27, 2018, 02:30:35 PM »

I like tofu

Most seafood is gross and smells like a pissy diaper from a person suffering from a UTI

Science is becoming a religion of sorts

The midwest and south have yugely outsized and undeserved influence over our policies and political processes and this should be actively curtailed

Al Gore is nothing but pure hypocrisy in the form of a very successful scam artist

The environmentalist movement has seriously lost its way and I believe they will ultimately do far more harm to the environment in the name of "protecting" it.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #580 on: January 27, 2018, 02:39:57 PM »

It's easier to be a tw&t offline (a few professional exceptions) than it is online.

Do you mean for you personally or for people in general?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #581 on: January 27, 2018, 03:33:16 PM »

Do you mean for you personally or for people in general?

For me definitely, but a case can be made for in general.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #582 on: January 27, 2018, 05:39:32 PM »

jfern, krazen and texarkana are lousy posters.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #583 on: January 27, 2018, 06:40:53 PM »

I have to admit this just changed my opinion of Bryce. His entire delinquency was a little over $1,250?!? In terms of child support arrearage that is absolute chickensh**t. He fell behind some bills and caught up. That by no means makes him a so-called deadbeat dad. I'm currently representing a guy who, because of equal economic problems, fell behind about 70 grand in his support. He is paid almost half that off in the last couple months now that his deferred compensation from the businesses he's been starting have come in, and he'll be paying the balance off this summer. Most of these child support cases are dudes that have rarely if ever paid and rarely if ever will, Towing thousands if not tens of thousands.

Sorry, but while falling behind a bit over $1,000 in child support is not laudable oh, even if it was because he was short on personal income for a couple months, this hardly makes him a deadbeat dad. Trust me as someone who has represented a good number of them.

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #584 on: January 27, 2018, 06:45:33 PM »

I liked Sparky and Poof appearing on Fairly Odd Parents.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #585 on: January 27, 2018, 06:48:43 PM »

IMO the biggest problem with child support is that there seems to be no opt-out for it at all.  I don't think any person should be subject to 18 years hard labor against their will, physical or financial, male or female.  That precisely is why I'm pro-choice.

But, I also believe that childbearing should be universally discouraged.  That's what puts me at odds with most people, I think.

if you sign your rights away don't you not have to pay child support anymore?

I think that's fair, if you want to be a part of the child's life then you should pay, but otherwise just sign your rights away then you don't have to pay it.

That is putting the incentives precisely backwards from where they should be.

ummm. i don't understand. so you're saying that a parent should still have visitation rights with their child even if they are contributing absolutely nothing to the child's life?

Yes oh, and I have talked with Mother's I have represented in custody fights within the last 48 hours who agree with with this sentiment. The father should be doing both, but if they're not paying financial support then at least they can be a part of their child's life.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #586 on: January 27, 2018, 06:55:30 PM »

Johnny Unitas is the greatest NFL quarterback of all time, not Tom Brady.

This is actually a very fair debate to have, especially considering how much the modern game favors QBs
I honestly have to say Joe Montana, Johnny Unitas, and maybe Dan Marino could all be considered better than Brady. I hesitate on Marino. I do think Brady is better than Manning overall though.

Totally agree. And imagine if the Steelers had followed through on bringing Dan Marino on board like he dreamed of. God the things he could have accomplished....
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #587 on: January 27, 2018, 09:12:13 PM »

Here is a completely non-political one:

-I would root for any team in the SEC over any team not in the SEC.  So my least favorite team in the SEC is my 14th favorite team in college sports.

-I also in general find rooting against a team because they are your rival silly.  I actually tend to respect my rivals and generally root for them when it will not impact my actual team.  Now, in pro sports, that is more rare because of divisional standings, but if my team is not in the playoffs and a rival of my team is, I have no ill will to them.  I pick which teams I don't like completely independently of picking which teams I do like.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #588 on: January 27, 2018, 09:31:23 PM »

-I would root for any team in the SEC over any team not in the SEC.  So my least favorite team in the SEC is my 14th favorite team in college sports.

-I also in general find rooting against a team because they are your rival silly.  I actually tend to respect my rivals and generally root for them when it will not impact my actual team.  Now, in pro sports, that is more rare because of divisional standings, but if my team is not in the playoffs and a rival of my team is, I have no ill will to them.  I pick which teams I don't like completely independently of picking which teams I do like.

The first opinion seems to be common among SEC fans and I just don’t get it. Coming from a world of PAC 12 blood feuds it makes no sense to me.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #589 on: January 27, 2018, 09:33:51 PM »

I have to admit this just changed my opinion of Bryce. His entire delinquency was a little over $1,250?!? In terms of child support arrearage that is absolute chickensh**t. He fell behind some bills and caught up. That by no means makes him a so-called deadbeat dad. I'm currently representing a guy who, because of equal economic problems, fell behind about 70 grand in his support. He is paid almost half that off in the last couple months now that his deferred compensation from the businesses he's been starting have come in, and he'll be paying the balance off this summer. Most of these child support cases are dudes that have rarely if ever paid and rarely if ever will, Towing thousands if not tens of thousands.

Sorry, but while falling behind a bit over $1,000 in child support is not laudable oh, even if it was because he was short on personal income for a couple months, this hardly makes him a deadbeat dad. Trust me as someone who has represented a good number of them.

Legit did not know this — completely changes my opinion of Bryce. Thanks.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #590 on: January 27, 2018, 11:22:34 PM »

The first opinion seems to be common among SEC fans and I just don’t get it. Coming from a world of PAC 12 blood feuds it makes no sense to me.

I kind of view them as brothers in that we want to beat them more than anything, but we don't want anybody else to touch them.  Also, the whole regional pride thing is probably at play for a lot of people.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #591 on: January 27, 2018, 11:25:18 PM »

The republican party should gut Trump forcefully.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #592 on: January 27, 2018, 11:40:26 PM »

"Party unity" is a sham and there needs to be a hostile takeover of the Democratic Party.

No it isn't, and careful what you wish for. DLC was formed by such means after all.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #593 on: February 11, 2018, 11:49:18 PM »

If you are protesting and you block roads, you deserve to get run over.
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #594 on: February 12, 2018, 12:45:32 PM »

Fate is real and she can be a cruel mistress, though we do have some free will.
Lechasseur
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.13

« Reply #595 on: February 12, 2018, 01:23:37 PM »

Agreed
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #596 on: February 12, 2018, 02:31:45 PM »

I like Poof, but I don't like Sparky.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #597 on: February 12, 2018, 07:47:03 PM »

I agree with Quincy Jones....the Beatles are terrible and overrated. Sg. Peppers album is crap and does not deserve to be on any top 10 list of "greatest albums"
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #598 on: February 12, 2018, 09:02:57 PM »

I agree with Quincy Jones....the Beatles are terrible and overrated. Sg. Peppers album is crap and does not deserve to be on any top 10 list of "greatest albums"

I know people are entitled to their own opinions, but this definitely belongs in a bad opinions thread.

Now, if you were talking about Elvis Presley, I wouldn't disagree.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #599 on: February 12, 2018, 11:46:54 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2018, 02:50:20 PM by Nice Guy FF »

Now this is a really unpopular and bad one:

TIME should have named the sexual predators and victims People of the Year together, not just the victims. (Also, Elder Bush would have been POTY twice! Thrice if you count him as part of "You")
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies