Ron Paul wins CPAC straw poll (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 12:07:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Ron Paul wins CPAC straw poll (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ron Paul wins CPAC straw poll  (Read 4722 times)
TheGreatOne

« on: February 20, 2010, 05:33:11 PM »

2,400 people voted this year, which is larger than last year. 
TheGreatOne

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 01:43:56 AM »

Its used to be that Ron Paul supporters couldn't win a straw poll or any poll with 100% turnout.  I think this could be a game changer in the Republican Party.  Despite the Neo-conservative propaganda, the Libertarian movement is growing within.  They are getting larger.  They created the Tea Party events and probaby garner most of the young vote within the party.  Campaign for Liberty is more organized than any political action committee within the Republican Party, and the libertarian message is attracting voters who are intelligent, college-bound, and middle class.  These people have money and motivation.   If any other canidate such Romney, Huckabee or Palin had what Paul has, they would be completely unstoppable.
TheGreatOne

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 02:05:45 AM »

Where's Gary Johnson?

Seriously, though, this is bad news for CPAC. I'd have just chopped 25% off his total if I were running the thing.
You can basically assume that a vote for Ron Paul is a vote for Gary Johnson.  Most people voting for Ron Paul aren't going to support Palin, Romney, Gingrich or Huckabee.  

Why would you guy 25% off?  Thankfully the people running this think have better  morals than you.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies