Newt to the Ricks: Get off my lawn!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:30:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Newt to the Ricks: Get off my lawn!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Newt to the Ricks: Get off my lawn!  (Read 493 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 17, 2012, 05:41:33 PM »
« edited: January 17, 2012, 05:44:20 PM by Torie »

Yes, the man who hasn't won anything yet, wants the Ricks to take off their coats, and drop them on the ground, so that Newt can step on them as he gets out of his carriage, without his feet getting muddy, on his way to his coronation. Newtie probably also didn't enjoy one of the Ricks (the one with some degree of sentience) shredding him last night on his social security partial privatization scheme, or as The Rick put it, ginning up yet another entitlement scheme, when we have so many already for which we are not paying, and financing with loans from the Chinese as it were.

Folks think Newtie "won" the debate last night. I find that quite amusing myself. Getting the crowd to give a standing O when Newt beats up the hapless Juan Williams, is not the same as winning a debate. Trust me.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 05:42:50 PM »

you seem a little worried, Tori.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 05:44:08 PM »

What's funny is the arrogance coming from Newt. A month ago, he made the statement that his nomination as the GOP candidate was inevitable, and now, after finishing 4th in two contests, he still believes he is entitled to the nomination.

And did anyone else notice in the debate that Newt has begun using "Reagan" like Giuliani used "9/11?"
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 05:45:35 PM »

Torie...change the title to "....get off of my cloud"
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 05:48:59 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2012, 05:50:49 PM by Torie »

Nope. I have not been "worried" for months actually jmfcst. Don't you read my posts?  I have been utterly serene (I was going to use the term "sang froid," but that would suggest coolness under fire, and the clowns shoot nothing but blanks, or themselves, so that term has the wrong connotation).  I knew these court jesters were DOA many, many moons ago, because I am not a slave to the polls. I actually evaluate their capacities.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 06:03:16 PM »

I knew these court jesters were DOA many, many moons ago, because I am not a slave to the polls. I actually evaluate their capacities.

then you should know your home boy, Mitt, wouldn't even pull 20% in a heads up contest with someone like Paul Ryan.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 06:41:29 PM »

Gingrich is right that Romney can't be beaten while the Three Musketeers divide the right-wing vote (and Paul peels away the rest of the anti-Romney vote).  Gingrich is wrong that the other two are the ones that should .  Clearly, it should be Gingrich making way for Santorum.  (Santorum would still get obliterated, but in a mildly competitive way)
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 06:54:51 PM »
« Edited: January 17, 2012, 06:58:27 PM by Politico »

As much as I dislike his Big Government ideas, not to mention some of his more socially conservative views, Santorum deserves the opportunity to be the sole anti-Romney. Gingrich has too much personal baggage to be a viable contender, and obviously Perry is not smart enough to make it. Personally, I would thoroughly enjoy a three-way debate between Romney, Paul and Santorum. The party's base should be the three elements each candidate represents: Ardent believers in free enterprise in the mold of Reagan, libertarians in the mold of Paul, and social conservatives in the mold of Santorum.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies