Which nickname for Joe Biden do you like more?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 01:20:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Which nickname for Joe Biden do you like more?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which nickname for Joe Biden do you like more?
Sleepy Joe

Genocide Joe

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 68

Author Topic: Which nickname for Joe Biden do you like more?  (Read 617 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 08, 2023, 10:59:52 AM »

Vote
BigZuck08
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 1.22

P
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2023, 01:05:22 PM »

Sleepy Joe as that one is actually accurate
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2023, 04:09:49 PM »

Neither. Dark Brandon and Scranton Joe are the ones.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2023, 01:20:51 PM »

Dark Brandon, Uncle Joe and Diamond Joe are my personal favourites
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2023, 09:55:55 PM »

Genocide Joe is actually kinda irksome, so Sleepy Joe by default.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2023, 11:12:03 PM »

I call him Grandpa, which could either be demeaning or endearing...
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2023, 12:15:42 PM »

Beautiful Joe
RilakkuMAGA
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.26, S: -2.43

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2023, 08:32:34 PM »

Genocide Joe is accurate.

Sleepy Joe isn't. Guy isn't actually that low-energy.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2023, 06:16:13 PM »

In actual speaking I haven't called the President anything other than "Brandon" or "Joe Brandon" since 2021.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2023, 06:18:27 PM »

Someone who unironically uses Genocide Joe gives us a good idea how seriously we should take them.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2023, 06:19:45 PM »

Someone who unironically uses Genocide Joe gives us a good idea how seriously we should take them.
Something tells me that many of the people who use "Genocide Joe" will be silent when Genocide Donald indulges in the Israeli government's worst instincts.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2024, 09:37:09 PM »

Well it's a nickname that is widely used nowadays...
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2024, 06:54:54 PM »

Genocide Joe is an honor considering what it's actually referring to
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2024, 12:46:27 AM »

I've never found Sleepy Joe (or any of Trump's other nicknames really) funny or clever, and I'm tired of hearing it. The left's absurd misuse of the word genocide can be funny at times but mostly it's just annoying.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2024, 08:56:08 AM »

Genocide Joe seems like a stretch just for The Crime Bill of '94.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2024, 05:51:39 PM »

Both are inaccurate, but "Sleepy Joe" is far less vitriolic.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2024, 01:17:15 PM »

One of my favorite books growing up was the Scholastic Encyclopedia of the Presidents and Their Times by Dave Rubel.  It had a profile of every president that included their "nickname".  I had the 2004 version that ended with George W. Bush ("Dubya") but I imagine the polite, non-partisan nicknames for the subsequent presidents would be:

Obama:  Barry
Trump:  The Donald
Biden:  Scranton Joe
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2024, 03:42:51 PM »

To be clear: Genocide Joe is a moronic and completely inaccurate nickname. I do not by any means endorse it or the political message it conveys.

That said, there's just something so absurdly hilarious about the words "Genocide Joe" that I need to vote for it. In this case I'm laughing more at the people who actually unironically use the phrase, because I would only ever use it 100% ironically.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2024, 03:44:16 PM »

One of my favorite books growing up was the Scholastic Encyclopedia of the Presidents and Their Times by Dave Rubel.  It had a profile of every president that included their "nickname".  I had the 2004 version that ended with George W. Bush ("Dubya") but I imagine the polite, non-partisan nicknames for the subsequent presidents would be:

Obama:  Barry
Trump:  The Donald
Biden:  Scranton Joe

Trump's is tough; "The Donald" doesn't really feel right. Admittedly, it's tough to think of nonpartisan, neutral nicknames for him, but even so, I feel like "the Donald" is (no offense) a bit too bland, especially given how...colorful and feisty his personality is.

Something tells me that many of the people who use "Genocide Joe" will be silent when Genocide Donald indulges in the Israeli government's worst instincts.

Tbf, "Genocide Donald" really doesn't have the same ring to it that "Genocide Joe" does. (Once again, this has nothing to do with the facts of the matter and everything to do with how absurdly, weirdly funny the nickname is.)
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2024, 04:33:20 PM »

One of my favorite books growing up was the Scholastic Encyclopedia of the Presidents and Their Times by Dave Rubel.  It had a profile of every president that included their "nickname".  I had the 2004 version that ended with George W. Bush ("Dubya") but I imagine the polite, non-partisan nicknames for the subsequent presidents would be:

Trump's is tough; "The Donald" doesn't really feel right. Admittedly, it's tough to think of nonpartisan, neutral nicknames for him, but even so, I feel like "the Donald" is (no offense) a bit too bland, especially given how...colorful and feisty his personality is.

Good points.  I picked "The Donald" simply because it's been used the longest.  His first wife Ivana Trump used it to refer to him  during a 1989 interview with Spy magazine.  Other suggested nicknames could be "45", since Trump often wears monogrammed apparel with the number but it similarly is quite bland (and is it going to be updated to "47" if he wins? LOL).  "Teflon Don" is maybe a more colorful one and doesn't seem anymore unfriendly than "Tricky Dick" other than the John Gotti connotations.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2024, 04:35:50 PM »

Good points.  I picked "The Donald" simply because it's been used the longest.  His first wife Ivana Trump used it to refer to him  during a 1989 interview with Spy magazine.  Other suggested nicknames could be "45", since Trump often wears monogrammed apparel with the number but it similarly is quite bland (and is it going to be updated to "47" if he wins? LOL).  "Teflon Don" is maybe a more colorful one and doesn't seem anymore unfriendly than "Tricky Dick" other than the John Gotti connotations.

Yeah, I think Teflon Don is way better. Nor is it all that political or a pejorative - it's a name that can be used with a negative connotation by his critics and with a positive connotation by his fan base.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2024, 12:12:31 PM »

Yeah, I think Teflon Don is way better. Nor is it all that political or a pejorative - it's a name that can be used with a negative connotation by his critics and with a positive connotation by his fan base.

I think the only wrinkle to this is that "Teflon Don" is already used as a nickname for infamous mobster John Gotti, and is probably still more associated with him (per a casual Google search.)
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies