Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 02:00:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate Protest and Analysis Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 ... 90
Author Topic: Senate Protest and Analysis Thread  (Read 306593 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2000 on: May 05, 2013, 05:04:16 PM »

If someone may want to put that in a better place, fell free to do it/indicate me where.
List of Senatorial successions, per the Proportional Representation Act:

41th Senate:
Senator #1: Lief (JCP)
Senator #2: Bacon King (JCP)
Senator #3: Dallasfan (Pop)
Senator #4: AHDuke99 (RPP)
Senator #5: Antonio V (UDL)

42th Senate (a three seat by-election happened):
Senator #1: Lief (JCP), then Oakvale (JCP)
Senator #2: Bacon King (JCP), then Snowguy (JCP)
Senator #3: Dallasfan (Pop), then Shua (Pop)

43th Senate:
Senator #1: Oakvale (JCP)
Senator #2: Snowguy (JCP)
Senator #3: Shua (Pop)

44th Senate:
Senator #1: Oakvale (JCP), then JBrase (Ind)
Senator #3: Shua (Pop)

45th Senate (supposing senate agree with the UDL-JCP (left-left) and Pop-CID (right-center) pairings:
Senator #1: JBrase (Ind)
Senator #3: Homelycooking (CID), then Kalwejt (JCP)
Senator #5: BRTD (JCP)

46th Senate:
Senator #1: JBrase (Ind)
Senator #2: Nathan (JCP)
Senator #3: Kalwejt (JCP)
Senator #5: BRTD (JCP)

47th Senate (no clear political matches):
Senator #1: Junkie (RPP, then Ind)
Senator #2: Nathan (JCP, than Labor)
Senator #3: Kalwejt (JCP), then Polnut (JCP, then Liberal)
Senator #4: TJ in Cleve (RPP, then Whig)
Senator #5: 20RP12 (SPA)

48th Senate (no clear political matches between (Ind and Liberal) and (Labor and Whig):
Senator #1: Junkie (Ind), then Alfred F. Jones (Labor)
Senator #2: Nathan (Labor)
Senator #3: Oakvale (Liberal), then Pingvin (Whig)
Senator #4: TJ in Cleve (Whig)
Senator #5: Clarence (Whig)

49th Senate (seat 2 is the longest Labor-held, indies are in alphabetical order):
Senator #1: AndrewCT (Ind)
Senator #2: seatown (Labor)
Senator #3: Wormyguy (Ind)

50th Senate:
Senator #1: AndrewCT (Ind)
Senator #2: seatown (Labor)
Senator #3: Wormyguy (Ind), then vacant.

51th Senate:
Senator #1: Bacon King (Liberal), then vacant
Senator #2: Marokai Blue (Labor)
Senator #3: NVTownsend (Liberal), then vacant
Senator #4: Hagrid (Whig)
Senator #5: Clarence (Whig), then Franlz (Liberal)

52th Senate:
Senator #1: Simfan (TPP)
Senator #2: Marokai Blue (Labor)
Senator #3: Snowstalker (Labor)
Senator #4: Hagrid (Whig), then (Fed)
Senator #5: Franzl (Liberal), then (TPP)

53th Senate (Labor keeps its longest held seat, no clear ideological fits (Lab-TPP and Lib-Fed)):
Senator #1: Mr. X (Liberal), then (TPP)
Senator #2: Barnes (Labor), then Napoleon (Liberal)
Senator #3: Spamage (Fed)
Senator #4: Hagrid (Fed)
Senator #5: Franzl (TPP)

54th Senate:
Senator #1: Mr. X (TPP), then (Ind)
Senator #2: Napoleon (Liberal)
Senator #3: Spamage (Fed), then Clarence (Fed)
Senator #5: Franzl (TPP), than MattFromVT (Fed)

55th Senate:
Senator #1: Mr. X (Ind)
Senator #2: Napoleon (Liberal)
Senator #3: Kalwejt (Liberal)
Senator #5: MaxQue (Lab)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2001 on: May 05, 2013, 05:23:37 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Senate_History

Nix has it the other way around in here.

It really only matters with regards to you changing a predecessors vote and I think we have already gotten past all such potentiallities without controversy on the matter.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2002 on: May 05, 2013, 05:29:20 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Senate_History

Nix has it the other way around in here.

It really only matters with regards to you changing a predecessors vote and I think we have already gotten past all such potentiallities without controversy on the matter.

Well, it's not when the list will be 20 Senates long than we will need to fix it, as it will quite tenious.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2003 on: May 05, 2013, 05:38:10 PM »

Well I was speaking in terms of Senate functionality, not the wiki consideration. But yeah, it would be advisable to resolve this sooner than latter.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #2004 on: May 12, 2013, 09:25:17 PM »

Where it is the Financial Tax that Mr. Marokai has proposed during the campaign?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2005 on: May 13, 2013, 05:16:47 PM »

Can you be more specific? Is something missing from the introduction thread?
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2006 on: May 13, 2013, 09:26:40 PM »

I think Superique is refering to the 0.1% stock transaction tax that was in the President's campaign platform.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2007 on: May 13, 2013, 09:29:52 PM »

Well, the President can't introduce bills, only Senators can. I would suggest you to lobby a Senator to introduce a bill on the issue.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2008 on: May 15, 2013, 04:56:52 PM »

If the President posted it in his thread it should have been introduced. If one got missed, I would have anticipated that Marokai would bitch about it until it got introduced and I would gladly introduce it for him just to ease his state of mind. I know I introduced some of them, myself like the Parties Amendment and the Libertas thing.

Maxy you are tight with the President, why don't you contact him about this and if there is a stituation here, get it introduced for him. Smiley
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2009 on: May 15, 2013, 06:48:27 PM »

If the President posted it in his thread it should have been introduced. If one got missed, I would have anticipated that Marokai would bitch about it until it got introduced and I would gladly introduce it for him just to ease his state of mind. I know I introduced some of them, myself like the Parties Amendment and the Libertas thing.

Maxy you are tight with the President, why don't you contact him about this and if there is a stituation here, get it introduced for him. Smiley

The President is currently on leave from Atlasia, you're quite aware of that.
Anyways, I don't remember any bill on that subject being posted. It was in the campaign platform of the Marokai/Duke ticket, through, but no bill has been published on the subject for the moment.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #2010 on: May 16, 2013, 08:33:23 PM »

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was talking about the bill that President Marokai posted on his platform :/
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2011 on: May 16, 2013, 08:43:30 PM »

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was talking about the bill that President Marokai posted on his platform :/

Well, the President hadn't realized that was something I already did when I was President.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2012 on: May 17, 2013, 05:07:35 AM »

The President is currently on leave from Atlasia, you're quite aware of that.
Anyways, I don't remember any bill on that subject being posted. It was in the campaign platform of the Marokai/Duke ticket, through, but no bill has been published on the subject for the moment.

Actually I just assumed Duke had finally done away with him and seized control of the country. Tongue

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2013 on: May 19, 2013, 06:13:21 AM »

I'm sorry, but as it's been a while since my last Senate tenure, do things are always that slow? It's seems we're in a very slow mode.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2014 on: May 19, 2013, 06:37:16 AM »

I'm sorry, but as it's been a while since my last Senate tenure, do things are always that slow? It's seems we're in a very slow mode.

I think than the PPT is having computer problems, which cause delays. Indeed, it's very slow.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2015 on: May 19, 2013, 01:19:07 PM »

I think than the PPT is having computer problems, which cause delays. Indeed, it's very slow.

That's a shame, since Yankee is basically holding the Senate for years.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2016 on: May 19, 2013, 06:42:26 PM »

That's a shame, since Yankee is basically holding the Senate for years.

The computer is working for now (started working mysteriously on Friday) but I wasn't able to get back on the site yesterday like I had planned because a downloaded ran over and I had to get off the line.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2017 on: May 20, 2013, 03:39:14 PM »

I was going to wait until you asked me questions, but I thought these posts in the analysis thread were very interesting:

Because you guys are saying we should all be impeached for the same reason, essentially. Should the entire Senate be impeached, too? Just food for thought.

I would point out that I have two backup computers (my mother and my fathers) and there has rarely has there been an occassion that I did not get on at least once every other day and update the Senate.  I even came on during my birthday and delayed opening my gifts to get the job done in the Senate. I came on Friday and did likewise. I came on Saturday morning and there was only two or three posts in the whole board in Senate threads and thus I elected to delay until the afternoon, by which time a storm forced me off the line and to shut the machine down. The weather has been terrible down here. I would crawl over lava to get this job done.

The cause of the Senate being slow, is the members at-large, and the failure of my procedural requests to be answered in a timely manner and the failure of the administration to keep their dedicated slots filled, in spite of communications to responsible members of said institution, on my birthday, once again. I would guess that the absence of the President is partially responsible for this lapse, of course.

As for Kalwejt's OSPR amendment it is something that I have wanted for years. I might desire some minor alterations, but in general I support reducing the number of days on the Dean. That would also facilitate the start of the Senate in case the VP doesn't do his job, the Dean could thus be free to start the Senate by like Sunday, instead of the next Wednesday.

I would point how that the VP already has complete authority over the Senate and can withdraw and regrant authority to the PPT as he chooses since it is his power delegated to an officer of the Senate. Therefore he has the complete authority to fill in the gaps as he show decides, regardlesso f length of absence of the PPT.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2018 on: May 21, 2013, 07:13:07 PM »

Executive Order #29-003 declared state of anarchy for Pacific region and named an administrator of voting booth.

I ask the Senate, maybe by the Internal Affairs or GOR committee, to investigate and question the President on this action. He should be held accountable.

The Pacific was not an hyperactive region. It is the west coast and has a more laid back pace. The recall of the Governor petition got enough signatures and all indication was it was going to happen. According to the information published, the recall had until May 26 to be done. There was still time. It was not running behind schedule. Someone had indicated he would administer the recall.

Declaring a state of anarchy in the Pacific at this point was not appropriate and an overreaction. The President took the power away from elected officials who were complying with the region's law.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #2019 on: May 21, 2013, 08:52:50 PM »

I agree with you, Poirot. Even so, I'm not sure there's anything we can do. The president is well within his right to do what he did, even though I was inclined to believe that the region would be able to get things together on its own. I just don't think this is a battle worth fighting.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #2020 on: May 21, 2013, 08:59:36 PM »

I think the thing to consider here, is that this is not infinite, the Pacific region is not being managed, and while it looks like there is a drive within the region to restore stability, the President needs to ensure the processes to get that stability going and to give it legitimacy is there.

I think you're worrying a little too much here.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2021 on: May 21, 2013, 09:15:16 PM »

I think the Judiciary is the responsible committee, thought the GOR could possibly step in since they are occupied at the moment.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2022 on: May 21, 2013, 10:52:12 PM »

I have contacted the Justice committee chair if it's the appropriate committee.

Using the state of anarchy power was wrong because it didn't meet the requirements. There was no anarchy state. The voting booth probably would have been opened. Interfering in the region's affair was not yet required. It was like a preemptive strike.

Maybe a president approving the trolling of another party's thread has no legal consequence and it's politics rivalry but declaring anarchy state when it is not really needed is abuse of power.     
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2023 on: May 22, 2013, 12:16:50 AM »

I have contacted the Justice committee chair if it's the appropriate committee.    

I answered you on that, but I doubt it's in the Judiciary committee powers anyways, unless it's considered related to regional law enforcement, which I doubt.

Anyways, the committee is busy until next Suday, we already are in the impeachment hearings of the Supreme Court Justices (which weren't my choice).
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #2024 on: May 22, 2013, 09:51:20 PM »

It won't probably matter by next week, they could have recalled everyone for all I know. And from the reactions I've read, senators would back the President's actions or think he is within is right.

I still think an exceptional power was used and the description of state of chaos used to justified the action was exaggerated. Recall could happen without declaring anarchy power. If there was worry about the legality of the person opening the voting booth, the elected official who was going to do it could have been officially named in charge of voting booth instead of a newcomer.

It is worrying to know one person has the power to decide when a region is dysfunctional.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 ... 90  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies