The Delegate Fight: Obama Clinches! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 02:23:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  The Delegate Fight: Obama Clinches! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Delegate Fight: Obama Clinches!  (Read 49185 times)
Angel of Death
« on: April 09, 2008, 01:33:20 PM »

I disagree with the use of the Washington primary to claim that the various biases of counting the primary votes of caucuses cancel themselves out. You have a perfectly fine model with Texas where both the primary and the caucuses counted. Use that.
Angel of Death
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 03:48:32 PM »

I disagree with the use of the Washington primary to claim that the various biases of counting the primary votes of caucuses cancel themselves out. You have a perfectly fine model with Texas where both the primary and the caucuses counted. Use that.

Some people get to double-vote?

What's with the obtuse response? I'm saying that Texas is irreplaceable when it comes to any analysis of the difference in results between primary and caucuses.
Angel of Death
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 04:31:06 PM »

I'm not advocating double counting anything.
Angel of Death
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 04:47:14 PM »

I'm not advocating counting both the Texas primary and the caucuses. I'm responding to Erc's analysis on how to put primary and caucuses on an equal footing for the purpose of determining who would be the "legitimate" winner of the Democratic nomination.
Angel of Death
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 06:16:45 PM »

Unfortunately, I can't find any solid figures for the caucus turnout in Texas.

I see a figure of a million reported at several places. So, in order not to penalize states that hold caucuses instead of primaries, taking the popular vote of the primaries that mattered and then adding in all caucuses except that of Texas with Obama's and Clinton's extrapolated caucus-goer vote multiplied by about 2.4 and 3.3 respectively would be close to my idea of a fair count.
Angel of Death
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 06:02:29 PM »

It doesn't make sense that in your scenario II.V, the number of Michigan delegates aren't also chopped in half, like Florida.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies