'Saw my state legislator at the gym the other night
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 05:35:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  'Saw my state legislator at the gym the other night
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 'Saw my state legislator at the gym the other night  (Read 471 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 13, 2012, 11:48:59 AM »

The other night while I was walking into the gym, I saw my state legislator, Ruth Samuelson, walk past me down a hall. She was coming from the indoor pool area. She's pretty much a generic Republican backbencher in the Assembly and votes the party line. I was thinking of heckling her over her votes for the redistricting maps and the budget, but I thought nothing good would come of it and I would come out looking bad. She's actually a pretty good fit for the district. After this election, I'll have a new (and probably Democratic!) state legislator anyway.

I just thought it was funny to see a political figure like that out of her normal context!
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 03:02:49 PM »

Cool!  I probably would have talked to her about those issues, though, just as long as I was sure she's actually the state legislator.  Otherwise, it would be pretty awkward. Tongue
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 12:11:04 AM »

Cool! The only time I met my State Representative was when I volunteered at the county's Special Olympics.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 07:14:48 AM »

Cool! I saw a state senator from the county north of me at a Taco Bell once. In retrospect I should have asked him about one of his votes, so you probably should have too. Constituent contact (especially in person) can't hurt.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 08:21:18 AM »

I used to see mine all the time when I was on Connecticut. One day I had enough of how he keeps voting party lines, so I said to him "Chris, you're liberal democrat scum. You're an idiot for how you vote." Needless to say, he must have felt bad because not too long after he changed parties and became a Republican. Three years later, he moved on up. Know who he turned out to be? Hitler.. that's who.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 09:49:49 AM »

As the participation of politicians at gyms increases exponentially, their quality seems to be declining. More buffed bodies with defective brains. Why is that?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies