Trump supporters: Was this a F you to minorities or something else?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 11:36:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump supporters: Was this a F you to minorities or something else?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Trump supporters: Was this a F you to minorities or something else?  (Read 1660 times)
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2016, 09:46:40 PM »

A man believing in law enforcement = racism.               This is a simple "solution".
A cop kills a criminal = racism.                                     This is a simple "solution".
A disgusting bitch is despised by millions = sexism.        This is a simple "solution".

hm.....since trump's victory you somehow lost your sense of humour (really good one, kudos) and switched to full-style demagoguery.....shame.

i am going to watch with aniticipation how trump solves problems like his literal border wall (paid by mexico), the structural crisis of old-industrial northern america and the growing debt with easy solutions.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2016, 09:46:44 PM »

Sure, an F you to the establishment, i.e. the first black president.

Yes, and you forgot to mention the first black president's name was Clinton.

Haha, but seriously is the argument that FL, PA, OH, WI, IA, and probably MI voted twice for a black but now won't vote for a certain ticket with two whites because of racism?
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2016, 09:49:11 PM »

Why is it so hard to see that we just want a country where everyone plays by the same rule? 

voting for trump is the anti-thesis to "same rules"...he is the elite of the elite and even more well-connected and part of the upper class than the clintons.

if you vote for the more ruthless con to make a statement against lawlessness, you break your own morality and lose all authenticity..simple as that.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2016, 09:51:36 PM »

Haha, but seriously is the argument that FL, PA, OH, WI, IA, and probably MI voted twice for a black but now won't vote for a certain ticket with two whites because of racism?
This is a much needed comment. The left has talked constantly about uneducated (that's their new favorite word) whites swinging to Trump because of racism, but they had to swing from somewhere!
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2016, 09:56:24 PM »

racism is a stupid argument.

i would go for the take of the well-known conservative columnist matt lewis:

during the past decades, the upper class and the educated part of the society became more prudent and down-to-earth/more value-rooted and civil while the less educated party of society became bitter and stepped away from civility.

trump's base just doesn't care about old-school conservative values, respect, tolerance and kindness.
gsmiro
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: 5.55, S: 4.45

P P
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2016, 10:01:37 PM »

Or was this about race? About making sure everyone was clear that this is a country for whites?

If one persists in calling half of the country racist, one will surely miss learning the lesson here.

It's time to put the non-stop ad hominem attacks away and start making a cogent argument for your political philosophy.  Yes, it's easier to just win the argument by default by calling someone you disagree with a racist and issuing ridicule, but you do not sharpen your rhetorical skill and intellectual curiosity that way.  And one occasionally loses elections they probably should not have.

Trump also takes the Republican party further away from this ideal, much to the dislike of many of us Rs.  But I'll do my best to keep the spirit of William F. Buckley style rational exchanges of honest disagreements alive best I can.  This probably will include being a strong supporter of a primary challenge to Trump in 2020.

Bottom line is, you have honest fundamental disagreements with Rs.  Don't call them racist and other names.  Instead, grant them an assumption of sincerity, and make your case why they are merely mistaken, rather than irredeemably evil.  That will have a better chance of persuading others.

My political philosophy, mostly related to fiscal policy, is very similar to the Republican party (Paul Ryan's Republican party that is). Unfortunately, I am also a minority. I am just trying to understand whether my life is about to get much worse or not. If anything, some of the issues I really care about socially, like Marijuana legalization, did pretty well at the ballot box. Minimum wage increased in multiple states. I am not scared about what Trump will do with taxes or social security or medicare. Hell, I am not that concerned about Obamacare either, because he will have to replace it with something or he will screw over his own voting base. I just want to know whether I am safe. Am I?

In reality, there are always people who will dislike us for what we look like.  People will judge us based on stereotypes.  And that is OK.  I am not offended by it.  Because I have seen both the good and the bad from every ethnicity.  It will always be there.  

That being said, I do not believe a true conservative moment would bring dangers to minorities.  Historically, large waves of persecution based on group identities were all carried out by totalitarian governments with collectivists ideologies, such as Fascism and Communism.  A truly conservative Constitutional movement would not create such large scale government endorsed persecution of minorities.  So you have no need to fear for your life.  Believe me, Trump is probably the least of our worries in that aspect.

As a minority, I fear criminals, illegal immigrants, and Muslim jihadists much more than an imaginary racist US government.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2016, 10:03:30 PM »

It is concerning when people are voting for a candidate that wants to ban an entire religion and has authoritarian tendencies. He is not going after all minority groups, but it is concerning that you could be next.

It's not racist to be for lower immigration levels or against illegal immigration. It is racist to vote for a guy who decried these things in a racist manner. I will grant though that the Midwest swinging has a lot to do with his message on trade. Immigration seems to be something he used to win the primaries. And even the exit polls show people don't want all illegal immigrants here to be deported or even build a border wall.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2016, 10:06:34 PM »

Lol, Dems tals about tolerance only when it benefits them. Otherwise they passionately and violently hate old whites, rural whites, male whites, low-educated whites and, well, whites in general.

Even more they hate (and can't understand) those blacks and latinos who gave their votes to President-elect Angry
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2016, 10:07:16 PM »

That being said, I do not believe a true conservative moment would bring dangers to minorities.  Historically, large waves of persecution based on group identities were all carried out by totalitarian governments with collectivists ideologies, such as Fascism and Communism.  A truly conservative Constitutional movement would not create such large scale government endorsed persecution of minorities.  So you have no need to fear for your life.  Believe me, Trump is probably the least of our worries in that aspect.

i agree with your take on "true conservatism" as far as we are talking about reagan-like modern US conservatism.

otherwise:

ofc there has been a nationalist movement - mostly in the south - first in the republican and since nixon in the republican party.....and why would you think trump is part of a true conservative school of thought?

i doubt he really believes in any political ideology but the way he leans and likes to showboat most is the nationalist branch of right-wing-politics.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2016, 10:09:03 PM »

It is concerning when people are voting for a candidate that wants to ban an entire religion and has authoritarian tendencies. He is not going after all minority groups, but it is concerning that you could be next.

It's not racist to be for lower immigration levels or against illegal immigration. It is racist to vote for a guy who decried these things in a racist manner. I will grant though that the Midwest swinging has a lot to do with his message on trade. Immigration seems to be something he used to win the primaries. And even the exit polls show people don't want all illegal immigrants here to be deported or even build a border wall.

Moreover, polls show Clinton is a president Smiley
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2016, 10:12:04 PM »

Moreover, polls show Clinton is a president Smiley

Well, the polls were correct she would win the popular vote.
Deblano
EdgarAllenYOLO
United States

« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2016, 10:13:25 PM »

Actually, more of an F you to demented upper middle class white liberals who want to wipe out entire regions because of their elitist hatreds, hypochondriac-like white guilt, and lack of general ambition, morality, motivation, goals, or talent. They build only to destroy while lining their own pockets.

Basically, it was a reaction to the Ellsworth Tooheys of America.

To be honest with you the Democrats backed themselves in a corner expecting to win easily while Trump hustled to gain as much support he needed to become president. Another reason Trump won is because his voting base believed in him 100% while Clinton had her own difficulties in attracting voters and so forth.
Well yes, the overconfidence of Atlas Dems was more embarrassing than the Romney brass.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2016, 10:13:58 PM »

if this would have been an european election, everybody would right now talk about the brave americans who..contrary to austrians and dutchs...have been able to withstand the offer of populism.
gsmiro
Rookie

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2016, 10:18:52 PM »

I think when Obama was running for president, people practically knew nothing about him and his past.  He was a relatively new comer into the political arena.  He has only a few years of experience to show.  So people are willing to give him a chance and they voted for "change".  

With Hillary Clinton, we have 30 years of their history in front of us.  We know about Bill and Hillary, all their workings.  Wikileak definitely helped all of us to see their real face.  And with the 8 years of disappointing "change", the endless wars, the enrichment of the elites, bankers and Wall Street, the fleecing of the people with Obamacare, the losing of hundreds and thousands of jobs, the lowest labor participation rate since 1977....the list goes on.  With all that people are tired!  They want change!  They want real change.  And all the Republican establish can offer was the same old.  But here comes Trump, someone who's different, someone who dare to speak his mind, someone who dare to go against all the PC feces and dare to put America first again.

Yes, he merely won the electoral vote.  He lost the popular vote with a slim margin.  But the people are listening, and they are hoping, hoping for a different change this time.  Hoping for someone who's not part of the establishment to do something different, something that is common sense for the country.  Just like Breixt, this is another resounding victory against the globalist elites who pushes for the New World Order.  It's Nationalism's one last chance to take a stand and push back against globalists' agendas.  It will resound across the Atlantic and across the English Channel.  It will encourage the British and give hope to the French, the Dutch, the Swedes, the Germans, the Hungarians, the Poles and countless number of other people who are suffering under the globalists' agenda.  And perhaps with enough people rising up, there would be a bloodless revolution to finally oust these elites and get rid of them for good once and for all.

So it's not about race, it's about something much grander than that.  It is about the future of all freedom loving people in the world!
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2016, 10:26:59 PM »

Actually, more of an F you to demented upper middle class white liberals who want to wipe out entire regions because of their elitist hatreds, hypochondriac-like white guilt, and lack of general ambition, morality, motivation, goals, or talent. They build only to destroy while lining their own pockets.

See, I look at that and I see "blah blah blah... white rage... blah blah blah... encroaching jungle... blah blah blah... race traitors."

But fortunately you do not exemplify the typical Trump voter, who just wernts der jrrrb back!  (They terrrrk rrr jerrrbs!)
gsmiro
Rookie

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2016, 10:42:00 PM »

Why is it so hard to see that we just want a country where everyone plays by the same rule? 

voting for trump is the anti-thesis to "same rules"...he is the elite of the elite and even more well-connected and part of the upper class than the clintons.

if you vote for the more ruthless con to make a statement against lawlessness, you break your own morality and lose all authenticity..simple as that.

Well, last time I check, Trump didn't get a free pass for mishandling US classified documents.  Trump didn't get a free pass for lying to FBI in an investigation.  Trump didn't have a foundation receiving US$1 million from Qatar and failed to report the money while being secretary of state. 

I can't qualify whether Trump is a "ruthless con" or not.  I do believe from the evidences known to all of us, that term would better suit the Clintons and the people behind her. 

Progressives and liberals tend to regard law as more subjective, relative, open to interpretation and uses law to suit their own interests.  Conservatives tend to view laws as more object and ridged and more absolute.  So that is the difference.  All we want is for the Executive Branch to execute the laws.

The immigration laws are not broken, they are just not being enforced!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2016, 10:50:43 PM »

See, I look at that and I see "blah blah blah... white rage... blah blah blah... encroaching jungle... blah blah blah... race traitors."

But fortunately you do not exemplify the typical Trump voter, who just wernts der jrrrb back!  (They terrrrk rrr jerrrbs!)
I look at you and see another butthurt loser in for a very frustrating four years.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2016, 10:58:56 PM »

I look at you and see another butthurt loser in for a very frustrating four years.

I hope President Trump will not be the man he sold himself to the American people as.  What makes me sad is that the American people elected the trash Trump sold.

Trump is OUR President, for people who did and didn't vote for him alike.  I will not allow the rabidly racist, alt-right scum to claim him.  He may have played them for their support, but he doesn't belong to them.  I can only pray that Trump will turn his back on them and leave them in the cold.

So, you know, let's get on to all the winning that we'll soon be doing.  Jan 20 can't come soon enough.
ApatheticAustrian
ApathicAustrian
Junior Chimp
Austria

« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2016, 11:09:48 PM »

Well, last time I check, Trump didn't get a free pass for mishandling US classified documents.  Trump didn't get a free pass for lying to FBI in an investigation.  Trump didn't have a foundation receiving US$1 million from Qatar and failed to report the money while being secretary of state. 

ofc not, cause trump is investigated for absolutely different delicts....the FBI is again looking into his russian ties, his foundation is literally gone cause of ethical problems, his "university" was a big scam and one of the main reasons this was not in a courtroom before the election is, that trump paid a big sum to the AG of florida, pam bondi, who is...according to rumours, now on his shortlist for AG.

clinton is absolutely responsible for the server mess...which would have never been a topic without the benghazi witch hunt about which literally no voter at all cares about...kudos to the house committee.

as far as i am concerned, mister trump is everything he blames clinton to do and if she would have chosen his path ("knowing the system and how to play it for the advantage of the country") maybe she would have pulled it off? especially if there would have been a trump email leak...i guess, compared to the meddlings of THAT campaign, with all those newbies and racial and changing advirors and stuff, the podestamails would have been a piece of cake.

wel....useless to whine about done deals, just don't tell me, mister trump is an agent of change, an outsider, a posterboy for decent values or an honest man. he ist the worst possible candidate for any god-fearing message and even his supporters know this....they just prefer "a hard lesson" for those they seem guilty to someone who could actucally clear a mess. since i believe in personal responsibility: good chance.
rockhound
Rookie

« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2016, 12:43:34 AM »

It was not one thing.  It was a combination of:

Clinton being seen as frighteningly dangerous by those that understood the magnitude of here security breeches.

Clinton being seen as the embodiment of a corrupt Washington establishment.

Clinton having a reputation of never telling the truth.

Clinton being a dull candidate.

Failures of Obamacare.

Failures of Obama's economics and how they affect workers.

Divisiveness of Obama's identity politics.

Increase in racial violence under Obama's watch.

View that Obama's international policies, particularly vs ISIS have failed.

View that Trump represents a real change in the way the Washington establishment does business.

A feeling that the US will be far safer with Trump at the helm, than Clinton, given her failures in Benghazi.

A view that Trump will create jobs, and protect old line jobs from globalization.

A view that Trump will give Americans the kind of pride in being an American that they haven't had since Reagan.

Racism has nothing to do with it.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2016, 12:46:38 AM »

To be honest with you the Democrats backed themselves in a corner expecting to win easily while Trump hustled to gain as much support he needed to become president. Another reason Trump won is because his voting base believed in him 100% while Clinton had her own difficulties in attracting voters and so forth.
Well yes, the overconfidence of Atlas Dems was more embarrassing than the Romney brass.

Pretty sure it was National Review - a conservative, Republican magazine - that literally said working class white towns should "die."

If you really want to blame NAFTA for the woes in these communities, NAFTA was a Republican project, not a Democratic one. Bill Clinton just happened to be there when it came time to sign on the dotted line.

Your party has done more damage to these people than the Democrats ever did. But Democrats committed the unforgivable sin of saying "Happy Holidays" to you instead of "Merry Christmas" at Walmart so clearly everything is their fault and white males are being oppressed.
Erich Maria Remarque
LittleBigPlanet
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2016, 12:49:22 AM »

Pretty sure it was National Review - a conservative, Republican magazine - that literally said working class white towns should "die."

If you really want to blame NAFTA for the woes in these communities, NAFTA was a Republican project, not a Democratic one. Bill Clinton just happened to be there when it came time to sign on the dotted line.

Your party has done more damage to these people than the Democrats ever did. But Democrats committed the unforgivable sin of saying "Happy Holidays" to you instead of "Merry Christmas" at Walmart so clearly everything is their fault and white males are being oppressed.

Trump is not Republican. News at 11.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2016, 03:35:06 AM »

No. This was a revolt against the corrupt Establishment. Sticking it to the "Elites".

And by the Establishment, we mean a big middle finger to the liberals that make fun of us and would do nothing to change corrupt Washington, their friends across the aisle that are Chamber of Commerce Republicans, who seek globalism and look the other way on illegal immigration, the crooked press and the lobbyists and corporatists that keep down the working class.

Absolutely none of this has to do with race. It's about economics.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2016, 03:37:32 AM »

Well, that one takes the cake. A Democratic House, Democratic Senate, and Democratic President passed NAFTA, but it's Republican? LOL!!!!!! Own that sh**t, 3rd way.
Rob Bloom
Mirendorff
Rookie
Germany

« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2016, 09:50:39 AM »
« Edited: November 10, 2016, 09:53:10 AM by Rob Bloom »

This is not just about economy or jobs or race.  It is about right and wrong.  It is about people doing the wrong things and getting away with it.  It is about the government allowing a growing size of people to take advantage of the rest of us.  Trump said something very simple and straight forward to the would be immigrants, play by the rules!  

You voted for a fraud, a tax-cheating con artist, a serial liar and you are telling me this election was about "playing by the rules"?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies