The Romney Administration
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 12:41:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  The Romney Administration
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38
Author Topic: The Romney Administration  (Read 104573 times)
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #775 on: September 09, 2018, 01:12:29 PM »

Solidify the WOW counties which could make a difference in the state if its close.

According to OSR any Republican would help win Wisconsin.

Haley will almost certainly get the nod.

not really I think that choosing most of the other potential VP picks on the original list would not have helped

Haley would not help in the WOW Counties lol. Not only is she not a good fit for them, but she is a poor fit for them.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #776 on: September 09, 2018, 01:22:34 PM »

Haley will get the Nod simply because of the Gender Gap. If Portman doesn't put a Female on the Ticket he can almost give this Election to Whitmer. There are more Women than Men voting. With Haley on the Ticket he instantly narrowes the Gender Gap.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #777 on: September 09, 2018, 01:41:35 PM »

Solidify the WOW counties which could make a difference in the state if its close.

not really I think that choosing most of the other potential VP picks on the original list would not have helped

Haley would not help in the WOW Counties lol. Not only is she not a good fit for them, but she is a poor fit for them.

Arent the WOW counties though like basically super establishment republican counties. If I am wrong about that I will get rid of the WI part from her strengths
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #778 on: September 09, 2018, 02:26:00 PM »

Arent the WOW counties though like basically super establishment republican counties. If I am wrong about that I will get rid of the WI part from her strengths

They are super establishment republican on economic issues, and Haley is more known for a focus on super establishment republican social issues.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #779 on: September 09, 2018, 04:14:40 PM »

They are super establishment republican on economic issues, and Haley is more known for a focus on super establishment republican social issues.

Ok I’ll just get rid of the WI part
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #780 on: September 10, 2018, 01:20:45 AM »

Portman Former Primary Presidential Rival , Former UN Ambassador and Former South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley as his running mate

Portman: Thank You Thank You. It is great to be back here in the great city Jacksonville, Florida and as usual the people here are very nice and I have always had a great time to be here. Today here in Jacksonville we will be taking a step forward in our goal to not only continue the work that President Romney began 8 years ago but expand upon it so we can continue to make our country greater than it ever was in the past. As you may know though just electing a President is not enough, we must also elect a Vice President and that person must be someone who you can trust , a person with great integrity , and someone who is experienced and competent as well. For that reason, I have decided to select Former South Carolina Governor and Former UN ambassador Nikki Haley  as my running mate and our nation's next Vice President. As Governor her economic policies encouraged buisnesses to invest in the state which created hundreds of thousands of new jobs and as UN ambassador got a resolution passed which would guarantee a group like ISIS can never rise again. For that reason it is my honor to introduce to your our next Vice President of this great nation of ours Nikki Haley.

Haley: I want to start off by thanking Vice President Portman for giving me the honor of being his running mate and potentially having the opportunity to represent this great nation of ours as Vice President. I also want to thank the Vice President for the work he has done with President Romney over these past 8 years in passing Healthcare Reform which has brought the uninsurance rate to a record low and improved quality at the same time , pass the most comprehensive change to our tax and regulatory code since the Reagan years which has created one of the greatest economic booms in our nation's history, passing the Budgetary Reform Amendment which curbs out of control spending and took down enemies our nation faced such as ISIS. Despite all of this thought the Vice President is correct that we not only must continue the President's agenda but expand upon it as there are still many problems in our nation face at home such as a broken civil justice system, and abroad as enemies such as North Korea and Iran still could potentially be a threat and we must stay vigilant against it. To minimize those threats we must work with our allies across the globe as it is easier to do diplomacy when the world is united against a threat rather than us being alone which increase the chance of war. This election remains a very important election and we must win it to expand upon the progress we made these past 8 years. Thank You, May God Bless You and May God Bless America
Junior Chimp

« Reply #781 on: September 10, 2018, 09:04:28 AM »

Called it. That was an obvious choice.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #782 on: September 10, 2018, 11:53:13 PM »

President Romney's RNC speech

Romney: Thank You, Thank You(Applause). 8 years ago when I spoke to you in Tampa our nation was still struggling to recover from the worst economic crises since the 1930s , many problems such as The Budget, healthcare, immigration had all gotten worse due to politicians deciding to always go for a temporary solutions instead of actually fixing the problem and the world was getting more unstable. Today we are in the middle of the Greatest Economic Boom in our history(Applause), the uninsurance rate is at a record low(Applause), an amendment has been passed to stop out of control spending(Applause) , and we are on a path to Energy Independence(Applause) and much more. While we may have accomplished a lot over the past 8 years, without having a Vice President such as Rob Portman I dont think we could have accomplished all the things we accomplished. Vice President Rob Portman during the budget amendment vote helped swing undecided senators to vote yes on it , and has done the same on many issues such as trade as well(Applause).

This is why we must elect Vice President Portman to be the next President of the United States in November. He not only has the ability to continue our policies but expand upon that and his record as Vice President proves it(Applause).To make our economy grow even more than it has over the past few years , we must pass regulatory reform ,and tory reform and Vice President Portman is the only candidate in the race who has pledged to do that . He understands the fact that the implementation of new regulations should have a system of checks and balances as well.

Lastly as a person who knows Rob Portman, I can tell you he is a kind and genuine person who would serve our country well if elected. If you do agree that we still need to pass more energy, reform to continue on our path to becoming energy independent. Thank You, May Gode BLess You and May God Bless America
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #783 on: September 13, 2018, 01:23:08 AM »

2020 RNC: Nikki Haley's and Rob Portman's Acceptance Speeches

Excerpts from Nikki Haley's Speech:

Haley: Thank You , Thank You. It is a great honor for me to be nominated as the Vice Presidential Caniddate for this great party of Lincoln(Applause) and I accept your nomination(Applause). As a young girl , my paretns taught me the value of hard work and told me if I worked hard I would have the chance to be successfull in any field I chose to go into(Applause). Similary our nation unlike any nation on earth has provided more opporutuity for people to succeed if they work hard and that is one reason why our nation has become so successfull (Applause). Just as Ronald Reagan said all the way back in 1964 that freedom is not something that is just past on from one generation to another it must be fought for, our land of such great economic oppurtiuty is the same in that we must fight to continue to keep it that way(Applause). Over these past 8 years we have rekindled that flame once more and now our nation is booming more than it has ever had in the past(Applause).

To keep it that way though we first must fight to make the reforms that were passed over these past 8 years long term changes(Applause) because if we let them go away eventually the gains we made over the last 8 years will be reversed and the issues that plagued us for much of the first 12 years of the 2000s will face us again. In addition to that we must pass other reforms such as Tort Reform and Regulatory Reform as our goal is not only to keep America as great as it is today but even greater(Applause). While one the book of one presidency is coming to a close we are now faced with a choice of either keeping the book a standolone book or creating a fully successful series out of it (Appluase), so I can say while one book may be ending the series is just beginning(Applause).

The last thing we need to do is to continue to be vigilent against all potential enemies all accross the world and preventing the situtation of getting worse. While threats like ISIS are no longer threats we still have man threats to deal with such as North Korea's and Iran's Nuclear Program, other terrorist groups who may rise to power if we dont do anything,and have to deal with competitors  such as China who seak to gain more infleunce in the world than we do(Applause). Over the past 8 years while we have increased our standing in the world (Applause), but we need to continue to build on that success as that is what will keep our nation as the most infleuntial country in the world(Applause). Thank You, May God Bless You and May God Bless America

Excerpts from Rob Portman's Speech:

Mr Chairman, delegates, and Republican Primary Voters it is a great honor for me to be nominated as the Presidential Nominee for the part of Lincoln , Teddy Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Reagan and Romney and I accept you nomination (Applause). All of these presidents came into time of great struggle and their leadership made America stronger than it ever had before: From Abolishing Slavery and Saving our great Union(Applause), To helping us stop the advance of communism in the 1950s and the 1980s to degegregating our schoolsApplause),  to pulling us out of a double diigt inflationary period and launching us into an 18 year boom(Applause), to inheriting the worst economic crises since the 1930s and turning into the most prosperous economy in our history . It is an honor for me to be inculded in the names of these great presidents and I pledge to you that I will not let you down because I promise we will not only continue the policies of the last 8 years but exand upon them(Applause).

The first thing we need to do is pass regualatory reform as to create a better check and balancing system among the differnent regulatory agencies and using that to get rid or deny the implementation of regulations which have more negitives than positives. So instead of companies havng to spend money on a legal team so they can understand how to best comply with the worst regulations they can instead spend that money on hiring new employees(Applause), investing in our economy(Appluase) or exapand their buisnesses. This change along with the changes we have made to the tax code and other minor regulatory reforms will help keep the steam of the engine that runs our economy keep growing(Applause). After that we must pass tort reform so we can end the firivalous lawsuits which again uses up companies resources as they have to now spend that money on defending the seleves from those lawshuits instead of investing in our economy(Applause). Now while we must exand on thse policies we must also strenghten exisit ones such as the Healthcare Reform Bill so it can continue to help reduce our insurance rate drasitically instead of stagnating once again like it did for much of the 2000s.

Now while we must continue to be a leader when it comes to economic policy we also must continue to be one on foreign affairs as well(Applause). While we have defeated threats like ISIS or helped the Venezualuan people overthrow their dictatorial leader we still have much work to do and we cant stop now before the work is completed. That means we must tell the Iraians univocally that they will have to end their nuclear programs and same with North Korea. Now the fact is we cant defeat these enemies without cooperation from all the world leaders at the world stage and the only way to do that is by showing good leadership qualities. If we do that I am sure a nation will continue to remain the greatest nation on earty for the forseeble future. Thank You , May Go Bless You and May God Bless America
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #784 on: September 13, 2018, 12:43:34 PM »

Polls after RNC:

Rob Portman/Nikki Haley 235 49%
Gretchen Whitmer/Steve Bullock 183 46%

Key State Polls:

Florida: Portman 51%, Whitmer 44%
Pennsylvania: Whitmer 47% Portman 46%
New Jersey: Portman 49%, Whitmer 45%
Virginia: Portman 50% Whitmer 45%
Missouri: Portman 47% Whitmer 46%
Wisconsin: Portman 50% Whitmer 46%
Kentucky: Portman 51% Whitmer 46%
Kansas: Portman 49% Whitmer 45%
Oregon: Whitmer 46% Portman 45%
Nevada: Portman 51% Whitmer 47%
West Virginia: Portman 49% Whitmer 46%
Montana: Portman 48% Whitmer 45%
Minnesota: Whitmer 50% Portman 46%
Maine: Portman 47% Whitmer 47%

John King: The Portman Team got a pretty good convention bounce as well as they went from leading in the polls in states which total 233 Electoral Votes all the way up to 316 now.
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #785 on: September 13, 2018, 02:02:12 PM »

Why is Kansas a swing state?
erſatz-york
SlippingJimmy

« Reply #786 on: September 13, 2018, 03:30:27 PM »

This is a good question
adamevans
United States

« Reply #787 on: September 14, 2018, 01:32:08 PM »

Why is Kentucky a swing state?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #788 on: September 14, 2018, 01:41:37 PM »

Appalachia and the Upper South have trended pretty Democratic during the Romney years.

Kansas is due to the fact they have a popular Democratic Governor, the state GOP being really incompetent, and Republicans shifting more to becoming a Suburban party than a rural one.
BigVic
Australia

« Reply #789 on: September 14, 2018, 07:59:10 PM »

WV, MO, KS and even Kentucky are swing states in Romney's America. They're all solid R in our world.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #790 on: September 15, 2018, 02:34:03 AM »

Potential Senate and Gubernatorial Races that can flip:

Wolf Blitzer: As you may know that in addition to the Presidential Election, the entire house will be up for election, 1/3 of the Senate and many Gubernatorial Races. Lets go to John King to see what are some of the races in both the Senate and the Gubernatorial Races that can flip

John King: Lets first look at the Senate races.

Georgia: Senator Michelle Nunn(D) vs Lieutenant Governor Casey Cagle(R)- Tossup

John King: This race will come very close and may even go to a runoff

Kentucky: State Attorney General Andy Beshear(D) vs Former Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin(R) - Tossup

John King: While former Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin was primaried last year due to the establishment going all out to defeat him, he got his revenge this year when he was able to defeat a divided Republican field to win the primary despite getting only 39% of the vote. His unpopularity though makes it possible for the Democrats to win this seat .

Mississippi: Senator Mike Espy(D) vs State Speaker of the House Philip Gunn(R) - Likely Republican Pickup

John King: With the Republicans nominating a far stronger candidate this type then they did in 2018 its very likely this Ruby Red State's Senate Seat goes back to the GOP . Reason its not safe is because Mr.Espy is the incumbent and that should help him a little bit.

West Virginia: Congressman Richard Ojeda(D) vs Congresswomen Shelley Moore Capito(R) - Tossup/Tilt Democratic Hold

John King: The Democrats have made a huge comeback in WV over the last 8 years and while the state hasnt reverted back to pre 2000 trends it has moved pretty Democratic over these past 8 years. This state is a tossup but Mr.Ojeda is the slight favorite at this point.

Wolf Blitzer: Now what about the Gubernatorial races

Montana: Governor Mike Cooney(D) vs Congressman Steve Daines(R) - Tossup

John King: With so few gubernatorial races up this year and there being so few open seats we only have one potential seat that can flip and that is Montana.

Wolf Blitzer: Before we leave I want to show this new House Poll which shows the Republicans with 49% and the Democrats with 47%

John King: Very Similar results to the presidential poll.

OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #791 on: September 15, 2018, 03:43:43 PM »

Go Whitmer go!
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #792 on: September 16, 2018, 02:04:56 AM »

This is a very good timeline. Looking forward to the election!
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #793 on: September 16, 2018, 09:48:55 AM »

Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #794 on: September 16, 2018, 09:50:17 AM »

erſatz-york
SlippingJimmy

« Reply #795 on: September 16, 2018, 12:18:09 PM »

PRESIDENT STANTON II
Rookie
United States

« Reply #796 on: September 16, 2018, 01:27:52 PM »

The storyline is way too slow! The presidential election at this pace will likely occur when the actual presidential election occurs. The storyline is faultless & riveting otherwise. But it should end when Mitt Romney leaves office. So a new storyline commences for whomever succeeds Romney. My money would be on Portman, as it would be exactly 100 years since another Ohioan by the name of Warren Harding was elected. Romney would be satisfied to see his heir-apparent winning & like George Washington, Andrew Jackson & Ronald Reagan would see his own Vice president succeed him through election.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #797 on: September 16, 2018, 01:45:51 PM »

Cold War Liberal
KennedyWannabe99
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.53

« Reply #798 on: September 16, 2018, 01:50:48 PM »

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #799 on: September 16, 2018, 08:03:24 PM »
« Edited: September 21, 2018, 11:44:06 AM by Old School Republican »

State of Election Before Debates and Keys for each candidate entering the Debate

Rob Portman/Nikki Haley 248 50%
Gretchen Whitmer/Steve Bullock 219 47%

Keys for Debates:

Gloria Borger: The race so far looks close to 1960 and 2000 as both Nixon and Gore had slight leads before the Debates and the debates gave Kennedy and Bush the win. So a Key for the Vice President is too keep emphasizing the record of the past 8 years because if you make the election about that he will win.

Van Jones: I agree but Whitmer needs to do these things in the Economic Debate talk about the people who havent benefited from the policies of the last 8 years and then talk about how her plans will help those people better. In the Town Hall Debate she must make her self look more in touch with the common man and women than Vice President Portman and in foreign policy talk about how she would help  solve the Iran and North Korea situations better.

All in all remind the voters we are not voting on approving the last 8 years or not but who we think would better solve the problems of the next 4

Wolf Blitzer: Now just to remind you here is the official debate schedule

1st Debate:

Date: October 2nd 2020
Moderator: Chris Wallace of Fox News

VP Debate:

Date: October 8th 2020
Moderator: Judy Woodruff of PBS

2nd Debate:

Date: October 16th 2020
Moderator: Anderson Cooper of CNN

3rd Debate:

Date: October 23rd 2020