2013 Elections in Germany (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 10:46:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  2013 Elections in Germany (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2013 Elections in Germany  (Read 272675 times)
Jens
Angola

« on: May 23, 2013, 01:24:49 PM »

The political caste has been occasionally chattering about the need to reduce the number of states since 1949. Nothing ever comes off it of course - the only reform proposals to engender public support are ones that increase the number of states, not decrease it.
What new states are suggested? (and didn't Baden, Württemberg-Hohenzollern and Baden-Württemberg unite in 52?)
Jens
Angola

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 03:01:01 PM »

Do the local elections have the 5 % threshold too?
Jens
Angola

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 09:12:46 AM »

I would really like to se a map of SSW's voter share. From what I can pick up, it looks like SSW lost a bit in the core areas, but gains elsewhere like Kiel
Jens
Angola

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 05:15:56 AM »

I would really like to se a map of SSW's voter share. From what I can pick up, it looks like SSW lost a bit in the core areas, but gains elsewhere like Kiel

Yes, that would be interesting (in memoriam of my grand-grandmother from Haderslev). If you can provide me with an SVG base map of communities in Schleswig (the State part, not the city/ county), I would do the map. Otherwise, I fear it would take me another four weeks to get the base map ready ..

In any case, the only parts outside historical Schleswig where SSW was running were Kiel, the remainder of Rendsburg/ Eckernförde county, and Helgoland. Helgoland was new, and they got smashing 17.9% there (out of 764 votes in total). In Kiel, they also gained quite strongly. In the city of Flensburg and in Schleswig-Flensburg county, they each lost a bit more than 2%. In Rendsburg-Eckernförde, they lost 0.8%, while in North Frisia they virtually remained unchanged. Leaving aside the many small villages, here a run-down on the larger localities (more than 1.000 total votes)in Rendsburg-Eckernförde:

All in all, Kiel appears to be the outlier  (is there a sizeable Danish community in town? - non-German EU citizens were allowed  to vote as well ). Leaving aside Helgoland, I see no signs of SSW growth in non-traditional areas. Quite some loss around Flensburg (which I would call reversal to the mean), much statistical noise, maybe a slight decline elsewhere, and possibly a bit of gains around Eckernförde.                                      

Thanks a lot. I agree with your conclusion. I find it positive that SSW isn't punished significantly for the party's participation in the state government.
And no maps from me. Don't know how to make them and havn't got the time anyway Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies