Israel nears decision on Iran attack (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 02:48:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel nears decision on Iran attack (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israel nears decision on Iran attack  (Read 2276 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 17, 2012, 10:49:19 PM »

How do you figure?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 12:35:24 AM »

First of all, Israel does not have the capability.
I'm guessing they'd know better than you if they do or not.
You must be logged in to read this quote.
And if they leave a note saying "try it again and we'll be back"?
While obviously no friend of Israel, Pakistan is less aggressive towards them than Iran...by a lot.  And are we sure Pakistan has the delivery systems to make it to Tel Aviv?  They may, I don't know.
The attack on Iran is going to be challenging, but...hopefully....doable, Pakistan is a bit further away and substantially more complex.  And again, Israel isn't the reason Pakistan got their big bombs.
Not really.  There is a chance they could use them against our allies, sure, but not against the US...you've seen their missile tests right?
In your opinion, sure.  Other people have different opinions.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 01:30:49 AM »

First of all, Israel does not have the capability.
I'm guessing they'd know better than you if they do or not.

Yes, they know even better than me that they can't.
So you think they are bluffing?  Or suicidal?  I'm confused.
And if they leave a note saying "try it again and we'll be back"?[/quote]

Then they'll have to keep an ongoing war with Iran for the rest of their nation's history. At some point, they'd get nuked simply for the sheer hatred they would inspire.

While obviously no friend of Israel, Pakistan is less aggressive towards them than Iran...by a lot.  And are we sure Pakistan has the delivery systems to make it to Tel Aviv?  They may, I don't know.[/quote]

Have you ever heard of a suitcase bomb?[/quote](seriously?  "suit case bomb" is what you're going with here?)Of course I've heard of "suitcase bombs".  And there is no way Pakistan has the technology to make one.  Hell, the closest the US or Soviets ever got was something that could fit inside a footlocker and they are only good for blowing up an airport or something else relatively small.  Pakistan isn't going to risk the...ahem...."fallout" to blow up a couple of buildings.
The attack on Iran is going to be challenging, but...hopefully....doable, Pakistan is a bit further away and substantially more complex.  And again, Israel isn't the reason Pakistan got their big bombs.[/quote]

And Israel isn't the reason Iran would get their big bombs. Israel isn't the one that invaded and/or occupied countries to Iran's west, east, and north east. However, in the event of an Israeli attack, that changes.[/quote]You think Iran is getting the bomb to protect itself against the US?  If the US wanted to invade Iran why do you think they haven't up until now?  S.Arabia would make more sense here.
Not really.  There is a chance they could use them against our allies, sure, but not against the US...you've seen their missile tests right?[/quote]

Again, have you heard of a suitcase bomb?[/quote]Twice?  Dude, stop watching so many movies.
In your opinion, sure.  Other people have different opinions.
[/quote]

I have the most basic instinct of humanity, and possibly the animal world as well - behind me. The aggressor is the one in the wrong.[/quote]Indeed.  Tell Iran to stop trying to blow up embassies.  Tell them to stop funding terrorist organizations.  Even with our biases we still have to admit that our own side isn't perfect here.  Both sides have acted aggressively.  This whole mess isn't going to start when the first JDAM slams into concrete, it started a long ass time ago.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 02:22:54 AM »

Well, looking at who is in charge, they are probably acting against their better judgement.
To what end?
Indeed, you are probably correct.  As Ernest said in this thread and I've said in several past threads, the odds of Iran using a nuke against the US or more likely, Israel is quite small, but it's still there.  I can't blame Israel for being nervous and seriously considering an attack if they seriously think it would lesson the chance.
But why do you think we haven't attacked yet?  Nobody on your side of the argument ever answers this question.  You seem to know everything except that.  Weird.
And here I thought we were talking about suitcase nukes.  Sure, N.Korea or Iran may again try and blow sh**t up with conventional means.  As I'll show in the next paragraph, Iran hasn't stopped trying it.
Which is why I said "trying".  You may have missed them (or more likely, willfully ignored them), but Iran has, in the past year, tried to blow up (or at least attack) 5 different embassies.  Thailand (twice), Turkey, Azerbaijan, Georgia and India.  That is an act of aggression in my book.  Even if they are often comically inept (as in Thailand), it's still an act of aggression.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 03:28:02 AM »

You may have missed the part where we left Iraq.

Also, why must an attack mean an occupation?  There is no way anybody is going to try to occupy Iran.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 03:59:06 AM »

As an answer to "why must an attack mean an occupation?", that don't make no sense.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 11:31:07 AM »

It's bound to make a worldly impact. Everyone would have to be on a side, because everyone's gonna see someone as the victim.
Most people take a side in every conflict, but usually don't go to war over it.  Why do you think this would be any different?  Do you really think Russia or the PRC is going to go to war over Iran?  Iran?  No chance.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2012, 08:08:01 AM »

In news that will disappoint those that are always expecting an Israeli/US attack on Iran tomorrow....link
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies