Arizona GOP blocks gun buyback programs, because neener neener. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:11:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Arizona GOP blocks gun buyback programs, because neener neener. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Arizona GOP blocks gun buyback programs, because neener neener.  (Read 1906 times)
Link
« on: May 06, 2013, 01:05:35 PM »

As long as incorporated cities are allowed to exist, they can implement measures such as buybacks, since it is explicitly a local issue and cities can make expenditures. I don't see how it can be enforced.

Considering that some of these buybacks are financed heavily by the private sector I don't see how Constitutionally the state can come in and say what you do with the guy once you buy it off someone.  If I was a billionaire I would fund one of these buybacks and destroy the guns just to see what happens.  Just from the point of view of small unintrusive government this is crazy.  It really demonstrates another fable about small government Republicans.  It joins fables about Republicans managing the economy and the military as well.

This is interesting though.  It's funny to watch tea party bozos waste their money rallying in Washington when a lot of the really intrusive and dumb regulations happen on the state and local level.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies