The Liberal Party. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:56:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Liberal Party. (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Liberal Party.  (Read 17503 times)
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« on: December 10, 2011, 06:54:17 PM »

X Napoleon
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 01:31:01 AM »

I'd like to join the liberal caucus!

xSnowguy716

Count me in.

Excellent choice President Snowguy! Cheesy
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 09:17:57 PM »

I feel like there should be more than seven members, hint hint JCP members. Wink
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 04:25:08 PM »

Should we start coming up with a platform? Wink

Yes. Where shall we begin?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 01:34:40 PM »

I'm down.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 12:31:45 PM »

I am in agreement with those positions. I'll wait to see what everyone else thinks. Come New Year I hope to have a thorough and detailed platform we can work with, to be amended before adoption. Everything posted here, I'll keep in mind.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 01:02:47 PM »

I would add "and community" after family. Smiley

Otherwise...looking good. Wink
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 12:59:17 PM »

Oakvale and I were discussing whether or not it would be appropriate to include cabinet reform in the platform. I'd like to hearken from you guys first.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2011, 08:59:41 PM »
« Edited: December 31, 2011, 09:05:01 PM by No Good Napoleon »

I had made in the last day some harsh comments against an ex-user of atlasia.

I did it in my way and with total conviction of what I was doing.

If you think that I may leave, please tell me.

I don't think Kalwejt of all people will be upset by comments made in angry moment. Besides, what is important is moving on, staying positive,  and playing this game. Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 01:56:21 AM »

The holiday is over.

I nominate Oakcale for Chair and Jbrase for Vice-Chair.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 06:47:45 PM »

^^

Precisely. I'm pretty sure Jbrase mentioned to me he wished to return to regional politics.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2012, 07:25:56 PM »

Oh, I know, ha, I just think a former Senator would make a good placeholder for a week (or however long's left in Kal's term). Tongue

Four months? Smiley
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 02:16:06 AM »

Does Polnut know one must be in the JCP to be a member, per the caucus legislation?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 05:56:52 PM »

You should join the party and the caucus. Grin
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2012, 07:40:57 PM »

Let's talk structure.

We should have a Chairman, some sort of director or coordinator, and maybe a Vice Chairman. We also ought to develop formal bylaws.

Perhaps rules for primaries and leadership elections deserve consideration too.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2012, 05:02:26 PM »

Teddy, no one is saying you are less of a person because you don't talk to your moms and pops. Don't you have a community? Isn't this forum technically a community?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2012, 07:25:50 PM »

This party strongly opposes the death penalty. While an individual member may not, it is important that the Liberal Party stick to its guiding principles. I don't agree with Democrats on the entire platform but im still a happy member.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2012, 07:30:41 PM »
« Edited: January 27, 2012, 07:35:55 PM by No Good Napoleon »

Just say it was founded as the Liberal Caucus in December, becoming a party after the JCP dissolved, etc. etc. etc.

Who founded the Liberal Caucus? Oakvale? I forget. Tongue

Me, Oakvale, Bacon King, Scott, and Dallasfan. The founding five! Cheesy
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2012, 08:17:00 PM »

Why not have the same statement on issues like abortion/capital punishment/assisted suicide: "While the official party position is [insert party position here], we recognize that this is a very personal issue which individual members are allowed to have differing opinions on."
In that case we would be a catch-all party.
I'm pretty sure that seems to be the general goal, here.

No, we actually have a platform going and are defining our niche. We don't want to be something bland like a "Non-Partisan League". We're a policy focused group.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2012, 08:27:19 PM »

Marokai, do you really have nothing better to do than attack a party that is still developing?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2012, 11:32:01 PM »

February elections are coming up soon, btw.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2012, 10:05:48 PM »

Have we decided on our economic platform yet? We should most certainly be centrist on economic issues. Also we should be in favor of abortion for the first two trimesters and be anti-death penalty.

I agree with these, are there any specific economic issues you think should be in the platform? I suspect that support for free trade will be in the final platform, as well as avoiding overregulation. We should probably support progressive taxation and diversity of taxation, and removing loopholes. I think we should be supportive of effective healthcare and education programs too.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2012, 10:44:17 PM »

Will the Liberal Party have regional parties/chairs?  I think the JCP and RPP did something similar.  Not sure how that went, though.

I don't think we have the numbers, even though we are a 13 member big tent behemoth.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2012, 10:55:06 PM »

Have we decided on our economic platform yet? We should most certainly be centrist on economic issues. Also we should be in favor of abortion for the first two trimesters and be anti-death penalty.

I agree with these, are there any specific economic issues you think should be in the platform? I suspect that support for free trade will be in the final platform, as well as avoiding overregulation. We should probably support progressive taxation and diversity of taxation, and removing loopholes. I think we should be supportive of effective healthcare and education programs too.

Yes, I agree with that. For healthcare I think we should pursue a model where the government provides subsidies to those below a certain income level. I don't have a problem with a public option as long as they assume all the risk and it's not subsidized by the government. I don't agree with the government actually employing the providers of healthcare. I am not completely sure how our system is currently so that may be someplace we can try and separate ourselves from the status quo. Also maybe put in something about spending only when necessary and cutting back on wasteful spending but that might be too vague.

Atlasia currently has a universal health care system.  I would not be in favor of opposing it.

MOPolitico and I are soon introducing a health care reform bill to reign in the out of control costs of our current situation. High income earners will likely have to find private coverage to sustain the system.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2012, 10:56:42 PM »

Hey, look! It's Frodo and Winfield, two people who I'd love to share a party with. Smiley
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies