Northeast Assembly Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:18:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Assembly Thread (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17
Author Topic: Northeast Assembly Thread  (Read 390725 times)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2011, 04:29:38 PM »

The bill needs lots of work if it's going to win my support. Section three is unnecessary, and it seems unconscionable to me that we should automatically grant all companies that don't outsource (a term not defined) a 15% tax deduction.

I don't think that the commission needs more than three members, but I would be willing to serve in Cincinnatus', Winfield's or Simfan's place should any of the three find themselves unable to work for the commission.

I would be pleased to have Simfan, Cincinnatus, and yourself, homelycooking, serve on the commission.  I guess Simfan and I will have to get wiki accounts.  I will not be on the commission, but I will have to have a wiki account as I will be responsible for updates, from what I understand.

Do we PM Dave to get accounts, or how does it work exactly?

Yes, PM Dave.  He gave me access a day or two after I asked for it, so PM him as soon as possible so that he can see it.  Best to write something like "Wiki Access Request" as the title.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2011, 05:38:42 PM »

Don't let that stop you from proposing other bills.  I'm always willing to debate whatever you propose with one position or another.

Also, I think that if homely is able to join the commission that would be fantastic.  Realistically, I think the commission would be best served with someone who has experience in the region, and knows more about past Assembly work.  Having worked on the Statute Review, I think Homely has a greater sense of direction than I.  I will be a member, but I hope that homely can join and lend a leading hand Smiley
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2011, 09:57:50 AM »

Nay on the bill

3 potential members;

Myself
Homelycooking
Simfan (?)
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2011, 03:29:36 PM »

I agree with homely's amendment.

I also accept my recommendation to the commission, and hope that as soon as simfan does the same we can get to work.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2011, 03:08:36 PM »

Aye on the bill
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2011, 10:14:31 AM »

I have no problem with this bill and will be voting Aye.  I also wouldn't have a problem if you clarify the NOTA, but that won't make or break my affirmative vote Tongue
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2011, 12:03:55 PM »

This seems like an acceptable amendment, and I'll vote Aye for it.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2011, 08:24:35 PM »

Aye
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2011, 08:22:50 PM »

Aye
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2011, 08:09:01 PM »

Besides the age of 16 factor, I stand in support of this bill, especially section 2 Smiley

I'm still not sure why we have liquor stores, but, if we do, we won't any longer Tongue
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2011, 10:36:41 AM »

So our standards of law are China?  I don't like the American age of 21, but to have no drinking age, I think personally, is irresponsible.  Now, I don't think parents are going to go out tomorrow and throw alcohol down their children's throats.  However, it's obvious that a (typical) teenager would revel at the chance to get drunk, more so then they would with an age of 18 for the sale of liquor.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2011, 01:16:04 PM »

You don't.  Nor do you have the authority to demand wormyguy withdraw his statement and apologize to this assembly. 

Let me make this clear, I want the age to buy alcohol at 18.  Whether consumption becomes an issue means little to me.  To wormyguy; China became relevant through your reference. 
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2011, 04:24:06 PM »

Nor do you have the authority to demand wormyguy withdraw his statement and apologize to this assembly. 

Then the Speaker should act on this completely unacceptable behavior.  It's a little something called parliamentary procedure.  No objectionable language is acceptable in any law making body, ever. Period.

I ask the Speaker to deal with this situation.  It is certainly within his authority to address this matter and correct it.

I completely agree with you.  I just wasn't aware whether or not you assumed you could make such a demand.  Though, if it were a request (I can't hear tone), you're completely able to do so.

The remark about my intention for 18 was towards Napoleon, who already said that he didn't intend for this to be about consumption.  Debate was somewhat sidetracked, and we've basically come to an agreement that this bill deserves support, minus the age question.  When it's time to vote on the amendment, I will vote Aye for age 18.  It seems to me with this amendment, this bill is quite passable.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2011, 03:18:56 PM »

1. A (Nathan #1)
2. Aye
3. Nay
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2011, 08:04:25 AM »

Aye
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2011, 08:43:17 AM »

Aye on the motion
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #66 on: August 07, 2011, 11:44:00 PM »

I see no reason to move the capital, though in light of the constitution as a whole this is of minor consequence. 

I'm not happy with 5 members to the Assembly, as I think this is to big.  We can barely keep those we get elected in office because they miss votes.  Our Lt. Governor shows up once in a while.  I'd be happy with 3 members and no Lt Governor, or 4 members with the Lt. Governor.  Whichever is most likely to pass would be nice. 

Well done with Article II, Section 11 Napoleon.  I'm glad this has been added.  For the sack of hearing opinions, could you [Napoleon] argue why 5 members would be better than 3?
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2011, 08:53:36 AM »

Seems like an interesting idea.  I'll have to read it again when I'm awake Tongue
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2011, 08:55:18 PM »

What can we agree on as an amendment?  4 members with Lt. Gov, 5 members without, 3 members (w/ or w/o ?).  Either way I'll introduce an amendment because I don't like having 5 members and a Lt. Gov.  Nor do I like having the Lt. Gov be the member with the most votes. 

Sorry Napoleon.  I know I've made my opinion aware on this point, but I never really posted in your thread about this before introduction. 

For the record, I will be supporting Morgans amendment to keep the Capital in NY, but will likely not support his other amendment.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2011, 09:51:58 PM »

Nay
Nay
Aye
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2011, 12:03:15 PM »

Those amendments will make this bill more supportable.  I commend you on your efforts Smiley
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2011, 04:00:05 PM »

The Speaker would like to announce that he will be absent from the Assembly starting this evening and continuing until this Sunday afternoon. Anyone willing to serve as Speaker in his absence is welcome to; all that would presumably be asked of him would be to close debate and open a vote on the above bill on Saturday morning, hold the vote on the bill which would close Sunday morning, and open debate on the "Partners in Civic Engagement Act" Sunday morning.

While I would like to get moving, the running of the Assembly is the job of the Lt. Gov first.  I wasn't elected as Speaker, nor appointed as Lt. Gov, so I don't think it would be right to overstep the duties afforded to me by election.  If someone else wishes to act as Speaker in your absence, I will participate in debate and vote.  I will not however take it upon myself to over-extend the authority granted to me.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2011, 02:19:55 PM »

In the absence of the Speaker, the Lieutenant Governor is to ensure that the Assembly keeps running smoothly.

In the absence of the Lt. Gov, the Speaker is supposed to run the Assembly.  The last two (perhaps more, but since I've been here), haven't run the Assembly, so the Speaker has assumed the role.  The law of Northeast is for the Lt. Gov to run the Assembly and vote when needed (tie).  homely just happens to be far more knowledgeable about Assembly procedure, so the fact that he's been running the Assembly is advantageous.   

I'd have no problem moving the Assembly forward if I felt I had the authority to do so.  If Simfan needs help/instruction in what to do, he can message me or someone with past experience like Napoleon.  Otherwise, I guess this short wait won't be a big deal Smiley
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2011, 07:26:54 PM »

Aye on the amendment
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2011, 08:18:51 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Or...

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Legislative_work_of_the_Northeast_Assembly#Standing_Order_on_Assembly_Procedure
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies