MN Sen Recount (UPDATE: Stuart Smalley certified winner, lawsuit forthcoming) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 09:56:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MN Sen Recount (UPDATE: Stuart Smalley certified winner, lawsuit forthcoming) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: MN Sen Recount (UPDATE: Stuart Smalley certified winner, lawsuit forthcoming)  (Read 120251 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: November 20, 2008, 01:29:58 AM »
« edited: November 20, 2008, 05:46:59 PM by Keystone Phil »

1) Franken

2) Accept

3) Reject

4) Reject (though I guess if MN Statutes allows that, it has to be accepted)

5) Franken

6) Reject

7) Reject

8 ) Franken

9) Barkley

10) Barkley

11) Reject
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 05:26:15 PM »

besides the people here that know about what happened there seem to think that it wasn't stolen

Shockingly, they're all Gregoire supporters. Odd, eh?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 12:42:54 PM »

besides the people here that know about what happened there seem to think that it wasn't stolen

Shockingly, Rossi supporters don't actually have any evidence of fraud, yet keep implying that there was. Odd, eh?

Wait a minute...I think I just found some Rossi votes in my boxer drawer. Is it too late to get them in?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 03:53:26 PM »

Shockingly, Rossi supporters don't actually have any evidence of fraud, yet keep implying that there was. Odd, eh?

Wait a minute...I think I just found some Rossi votes in my boxer drawer. Is it too late to get them in?

Roll Eyes

Your guy lost, twice. Get over it.

I am over it and I don't know why you're asking me to shut up about Rossi. I hardly ever mention the guy now. You guys with Florida, on the other hand...
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 07:57:21 PM »

Which meant I had to vote for some random Republican for some random judge because there was no Democrat.

Skip the office.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 11:14:43 PM »

Actually, Franken is up more than 10.  I believe the number is 27 and that number is solid.  Nate Silver said so.

That's getting fairly annoying.  He's changed some time ago to show Coleman leading. 

Why would The Almighty have to change a prediction?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 11:55:50 PM »

Because he's not as egotistical as his supporters (or you).

I'm egotistical? You really are too new here, pal. I'm anything but self centered and I don't see how my commentary here would prove otherwise.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The funny thing is that I'm not bashing the guy. I'm laughing off the ones that have crowned him King of Kings this year.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 12:51:17 PM »

Actually, Franken is up more than 10.  I believe the number is 27 and that number is solid.  Nate Silver said so.

That's getting fairly annoying.  He's changed some time ago to show Coleman leading. 

Why would The Almighty have to change a prediction?

So the prediction eventually converges to the correct one.

Bingo
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 01:02:37 PM »

I don't really see how him changing his prediction as more data becomes available is any different than one of us changing our Prediction Maps as more polling becomes available.

So then let's stop hailing him as some extraordinary genius with amazing predicting skills. Predictions become lose all value when you are able to revise them several times.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 01:04:30 PM »

I don't really see how him changing his prediction as more data becomes available is any different than one of us changing our Prediction Maps as more polling becomes available.

So then let's stop hailing him as some extraordinary genius with amazing predicting skills. Predictions become lose all value when you are able to revise them several times.

No one has ever claimed Silver is a genius at long-term predicting, Phil. Stop claiming otherwise.

LOL

As if people here having been singing his praises for months. Give me a break!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 01:10:01 PM »

Sigh... Phil, you're letting your irrational anger at him cloud your judgment.

I think I've stated about three times now that my problem isn't with him but with the idiot that adore him.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Uh huh. I'm sure you guys didn't get all excited when His Highness said Franken by eighteen votes.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 01:13:25 PM »

And if you truly don't have a problem with Silver then the constant sarcasm and mocking of him is a rather bizarre way to show it.

Mocking. The. Way. His. Admirers. Act.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 01:16:27 PM »

We all know when your hatred of him began: When people started saying they didn't care about your worthless anecdotal evidence and trusted him giving Obama an >80% chance of winning Pennsylvania. Well who was more right?

Ah, yes, of course. You're right again! When will your streak end?

And if you truly don't have a problem with Silver then the constant sarcasm and mocking of him is a rather bizarre way to show it.

Mocking. The. Way. His. Admirers. Act.

In this thread it's mostly BRTD that adores him and then sarcastic comments by you for the rest:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=88765.0

Where are you getting this from dude

One thread. One. The forum Dems/Obama fanatics have bowed at his altar for months.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 04:29:52 PM »

Uh, it's the thread in question.   You're making stupid remarks about how we all worshiped his 27 number when it's clear that we didn't.

There is a severe punishment for those that don't agree all the time with The Chosen One.

Joe is amazing.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2008, 06:23:43 PM »

Nate Silver just said that the person with the most votes after the counting and challenges will be elected Senator. You heard it here first.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 11:18:24 PM »

The Star-Tribune is saying that Franken will win by 89 votes.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2008, 01:32:50 PM »

What was Nate Silver's prediction, again?

It depends when you asked him.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2008, 02:19:31 PM »

I still don't understand the idea of objecting to dynamic predictions.  I think that ignoring incoming evidence in favor of maintaining a pre-existing decision is pretty much responsible for half the bad in politics these days.

Ok, I'll hold off until the final count is certified and when it's not the exact number that His Highness predicted, we'll hear what excuses His followers have for me.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2008, 03:47:56 PM »

You are acting like the man on the street who sees a poll result +2 and thinks the pollster got it wrong when it ends up -1.

No, I'm the man on the street tired of the poll showing us eighteen different results and then hailing the poll as genius at the end of the day even if the number isn't even that close to the prediction.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2008, 03:58:15 PM »

Nailing three elections may be impressive, but with a little common sense, it is not difficult.

The personal attacks continue.

Sorry we can't all be as smart as you and The Great Nate.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2008, 04:17:36 PM »

If the comments about "nailing" three elections wasn't about me, I don't know why it was mentioned.

Whatever the case, kindly blow it out your ass.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2008, 04:57:34 PM »

He's reading the three elections as:

-PA-13 2004
-Santorum 2006
-McCain in Pennsylvania 2008

Basically the three notorious ones that he blew big time.

Roll Eyes

He said "nailing" three elections, dope. Why would I think that that would mean getting them wrong?

It was, as any dullard could see (and, yes, you can take that as a personal attack; I'm sick of your victimization and have no problem with attacking you on it), a generalized statement.

LOL!

I love this one because it talks about me playing the victim and I didn't even have to report this post! Hahaha!

No, it isn't clearly a generalized statement. He was throwing subtle jabs at me earlier and so it's not ridiculous to think that his random number of elections that he was talking about was also about me.

He's reading the three elections as:

-PA-13 2004
-Santorum 2006
-McCain in Pennsylvania 2008

Basically the three notorious ones that he blew big time.

the problem is, Phil didn't blow PA 2008, he never claimed McCain would win, even if he probably hoped and prayed for it.

He did roughly up until September and kept arguing that the polls were all wrong because of the power of the Almighty Bradley Effect or something. He then admitted Obama would win Pennsylvania but still kept arguing that it would be a lot closer than the polls showed and that he would do worse than Kerry in Philadelphia because of his anecdotal evidence. All of it of course ended up being garbage.

many people thought PA would be closer than the polls, myself included.

So you're yet another believe in that Almighty All Powerful Bradley Effect?

Roll Eyes

Or people can think that poll leads are overblown. Plenty of others agreed that PA would be closer, assclown.

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2008, 04:58:44 PM »

Virginia easily has a better chance of flipping than PA does

You are such a hack. It makes me ill.

*throws fuel on fire and runs*

I love it when you say that you don't have anything against me.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2008, 05:08:51 PM »

Really though it's moot since no one was attacking him on it, he just jumped to conclusions seeing the "three elections" remark read as a sarcastic attack.

And you're even more of a dope for thinking that someone would think "nailing" three elections meant incorrectly predicting the outcome.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2008, 05:26:16 PM »

if you didn't think it was sardonic, how could you have possibly taken it as an insult...?

You then said that getting them correct didn't take much intelligence.

I try to have a discussion about an overrated analyst and it gets turned into the usual "Phil is an idiot who can't predict for his life" discussion. Then I get a lecture from the spineless sell out about chilling out. This was, of course, after he posted, "Throws fuel on the fire and runs." Nice.

Believe me, folks, I'm not playing the victim especially with some of you people. Not worth my time. However, don't sit there and expect me to take the constant shit thrown my way without a response.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies