How would this forum react if Kamala Harris won the presidency? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 10:34:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  How would this forum react if Kamala Harris won the presidency? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would this forum react if Kamala Harris won the presidency?  (Read 14012 times)
uti2

« on: November 28, 2017, 09:50:54 AM »

New Hampshire,Maine,Minnesota and maybe Nevada,Colorado and an outside chance for Virginia.

I'd be surprised if Trump won any of these states, I'm just saying that he has a non-zero chance in MN and ME (though he would lose both states if the election were held today). Even if we ignore NH, there is really no path for him in CO or VA. NV is unlikely as well, given the Democrats' ground game there.
I mostly agree with you about VA, but I still think there's a shot for the GOP in CO.  Just not with Trump or a Trump-like candidate (i.e. Tom Cotton).

Yeah, I agree. Trump was probably the worst possible Republican for CO, and I do think Kasich, Rubio and Cruz would have done better there (not sure if it would have been enough to win it, though).
CO is too secular to pick someone like Cruz.

Kasich and Rubio probably would have won it within 1-3% margin, though.

Rubio is almost as religious as Cruz.
uti2

« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 12:21:49 PM »

^ Also, I will point that CO was a big Obama/Sanders state, they have a 'libertarian in the Gary Johnson sense' non-interventionist/pro-drug legalization bent to them.

Rubio supported enforcing Federal Drug Laws in CO (he is no friend of Criminal Justice reform either), and of course he wanted to attack Clinton for 'not wanting to start WW3 enough'.

Cruz was the candidate trying to tap into Rand Paul's base by positioning himself as a watered down libertarian, Trump's entry torpedoed that strategy for him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies