Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:22:44 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alabama Megathread 2: Thou Shall Not Touch Teenage Girls  (Read 144370 times)
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« on: November 15, 2017, 08:29:31 PM »

Did you guys not read it?
He said that it said D.A when he was not a DA.
I do believe it’s BS That yearbook is probably a fake,

With all that being said while I want/support Moore he should drop out I don’t want to lose a safe senate seat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k0SmqbBIpQ

You need to grow up. Once you get out of your parents bubble you will better understand the world.

Until then women won't let you put your weewee next to their teehee.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 01:40:45 PM »

And for anyone wondering why the 40 year old ink and the recent ink would look the same shade when  the page was directly facing the viewer whilst looking quite different when held up towards the light check this thread

https://twitter.com/ThomasWictor/status/930879809919467520

Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 11:37:15 PM »

Maybe I'm different from most Alabama voters but that ad doesn't seem too great to me. Everyone already knows about Moore's scandal, and I wouldn't think undecided / unsure voters particularly care about what the Washington establishment has to say about Moore. I feel as if Jones needs to sell himself to these voters.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 01:12:32 AM »

With respect to this article from the Washington Post, I find this fear of depressed black turnout to be greatly exaggerated.

Jones is well known for his prosecutorial career, specifically when it came to prosecuting several church bombers. Jones has hammered this home, and he's done an excellent job of articulating his public service to voters. On top of that, Jones is flush with cash and will no doubt invest heavily in GOTV (souls to the polls especially).

There's absolutely no reason to worry about turnout at this point. This is a high profile senate race that's garnered plenty of outside attention. I doubt we'll see depressed black and minority turnout.

Everyone thought that Hillary would have no problem with black turnout due to their overwhelming support for her in the primary and the relationship the Clintons had with the black community. It turned out not to be the case. And Jones cannot even come close to matching the Clinton brand.

Except a ton of black people (specifically younger ones -- who backed Bernie) despised Hillary and thought she was using them as pawns. A lot of people thought Hillary was guaranteed to win anyways, so why vote for someone they didn't really like?

It's different now. Most black people hate Trump and are more energized to vote because of it. There was no problem with black turnout in Virgina last November despite muh "offyear electorate".
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 02:35:59 PM »

How rich for a criminal such as Trump, to say Doug Jones is weak on crime. I guess prosecuting Ku Klux Klan members who killed black children does not count because of who the victims are. This man is a literal piece of sh**t.

It doesn't matter who the democratic candidate is - Trump is going to say the same thing. Unless they're as anti immigration as Trump himself.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 04:55:50 PM »

i am a white christian who went to a school that was only 12% white and 50% black and never in my entire life have i been persecuted for being white, male, or christian
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 06:57:48 PM »

Before you can teach Alabama voters how to write-in a name, you have to teach them about how to write.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2017, 10:51:09 PM »

Why can't Arkansas Yankee stop being dense for one second?

Of course both liberals and conservatives do sexual assault. Everyone who sexually assaults girls (especially a 14 year old girl) should not be in office. Franken's and Conyers should get the hell out. So should Roy Moore.

The GOP base being the lowest of the low is part of the reason I switched to the democrat party. It's so damn hard to get anything through the thick skulls of the old GOP base, and they are the most tribal and identity politics obsessed bunch I've ever seen and want to start a random culture war over the fact that they poop their pants every 5 seconds. This then reverberates into the GOP politicians who repeat the drivel of their base while passing supply side tax cuts that mostly benefit the rich(and eventually leads to Loonies like Roy Moore). At least my younger GOP friends are much more open minded (and like a third of them switched to the democrat party in the past 2 years, lol, I wonder why).
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 02:40:33 AM »

I will never to this day why Doug Jones insisted on being pro-choice in what is possibly the state most hostile towards abortion in the country.

I don't think that's why he loses though. It will only be a 2% difference in the end. The real reason why Jones will lose is tribal partisanship. A lot of republican leaning people like Doug Jones and dislike Roy Moore... but they want to send someone who is conservative to the white house.

It'd be different if this was a governor race. But it isn't. I don't think Jon Bel Edwards would win a senate seat in Louisana vs Vitter.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 04:28:38 PM »

I don't think this will make much of a difference, unless Doug Jones is undergoing a massive turnout operation with this money. I don't think flooding the markets with TV ads will do that much.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2017, 11:11:21 AM »

Ah, thank you. Was hoping for 1,000+, which would have given me more confidence. Still, it’s a data point and therefore worth something.

I still say Moore by 5.

Like most special elections, pollsters just aren't sure who the hell is going to turn out. The difference between most of these polls is who they poll.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 04:19:07 PM »

the south has some of the least segregated schools ironically enough. new york schools are far more segregated lol
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 02:18:48 AM »

How long ago something occurred does not make it irrelevant nor does forgiveness. And for what it's worth, his son has been arrested 9 times and is only in his 20s, so one has to wonder what was going on in that "Christian" household. Moore is a sexual predator after all...

I do not necessarily blame parents for children unless I know actual facts.

He has 3 other children, who seem to have turned out fine.

In my world I have seen very fine people who have had children go bad.

I agree with this. There's a lot a parent can do, but some people are just born terrible.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 05:16:38 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/woman-shares-new-evidence-of-relationship-with-roy-moore-when-she-was-17/2017/12/04/0c3d1cde-d903-11e7-a841-2066faf731ef_story.html?utm_term=.12ce695c3179

I can't believe this dude lol.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2017, 08:37:58 PM »

That ad won't change anything. The election is on tuesday. Not many people will even hear about that probably lol.

The campaign is basically over now. All that really matters now is getting people to turn out.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2017, 09:33:59 AM »

Fox News is too busy talking about Hitlerlaly Clinton to talk about that ad.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies