The Virginia Society for the Preservation and Appreciation of High-Quality Posts (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:25:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Virginia Society for the Preservation and Appreciation of High-Quality Posts (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Virginia Society for the Preservation and Appreciation of High-Quality Posts  (Read 114740 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: March 27, 2017, 10:30:47 AM »
« edited: March 27, 2017, 10:33:25 AM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

The desire for Christian morality is just an extension of the desire for authoritarianism manifesting itself in a slightly different tone so obviously they couldn't resist the man with no greater desire than to govern like a dictator in ways that would benefit their causes. It's literally the perfect marriage.

No other Republican (except perhaps for the always beautiful Chris Christie) was a more respectable option. Huckabee became a non-serious, wimpy sell-out since his first bid; Carson was a mouse; Graham is obviously fabulous but Donald took out this obvious threat first. The others were just bad jokes with no business being on the national political stage (except for Jeb. Jeb was a good joke).

Even beyond abortion, Hillary was the worst Democratic candidate for these people yet.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 09:20:33 AM »

Post of the month.

I honestly can't believe people buy the Ford accusations. It was the biggest gaslighting effort in ages and completely insincere, only aimed at partisan goals: slowing down the process in order to make sure Democrats win back the Senate before Kavanaugh could be confirmed. Casting doubt and creating smokescreens for no real reason other than pure partisanship. And it is Democrats who should be ashamed of this, not Republicans. Just like Republicans should be ashamed of not organizing hearings for Merrick Garland.

No, I don't view a testimony as "evidence" in itself, polygraphs are not very reliable, there are holes in Ford's testimony, I don't think Kavanaugh liking beer is a problem, I also don't think Kavanaugh downplaying him liking beer during what is essentially a job interview is a problem, and obviously one can find enough people seconding your story once a SCOTUS nominee of a party disliked in your social circles can be taken down.

I don't know anything about the accusations by people other than Ford, and am not particularly interested in learning more about them. They should have gone to court before if they had a problem with him. End of the story.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 11:15:40 PM »

A bit off-topic, but still: it's becoming more obvious that the media for the next two years is firmly going to be siding with the right on just about anything. We can already glimpse a peek of what the treatment for Hillary is going to be like.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies