Poll: If Beto loses Senate race- does he enter the Pres Primary? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 10:25:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Poll: If Beto loses Senate race- does he enter the Pres Primary? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If Beto doesn't win his Senate race, does he enter the 2020 Pres Primary?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 42

Author Topic: Poll: If Beto loses Senate race- does he enter the Pres Primary?  (Read 3674 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« on: November 07, 2018, 12:27:22 PM »

Nah, he should wait for a dem win in 2020 and get a cabinet appointment.

Assuming that Beto loses next month, this is right.

It's too soon to run for President just two years after losing a Senate race. Richard Nixon waited for six years after he lost the California Governor's race before he ran for President again. And in the meantime he rebuilt his credentials as a campaigner by campaigning heavily for the Republican ticket in the '66 midterms.

A huge difference was that Nixon was a former VP. That gives you an instant national profile as long as you want it, like we've seen with Gore before and now Biden. Beto, by Januray, will be a former congressman. All of his momentum from the great showing last night will fade with time, so I believe now is the time for him.

I think he should. He's very promising, a freshh face, and the candidates we know are probably going to enter all have major flaws and seem pretty boring at this point. If he ran against that field I'd support him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies