CA: Field Research Corporation: Campbell (R) now ahead of Sen. Boxer (D)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 07:41:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  CA: Field Research Corporation: Campbell (R) now ahead of Sen. Boxer (D)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CA: Field Research Corporation: Campbell (R) now ahead of Sen. Boxer (D)  (Read 2044 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 18, 2010, 02:28:10 AM »

New Poll: California Senator by Field Research Corporation on 2010-03-15

Summary: D: 43%, R: 44%, I: 0%, U: 13%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 11:44:48 AM »

Sweet sassy molassy.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 11:58:11 AM »

Let's set the election date for tomorrow!  Smiley
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 12:06:38 PM »

In all likelyhood Campbell will win, unless women really come out in force for Boxer or something. Then the waiting game begins to see whether Campbell becomes just another republican drone.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 12:07:26 PM »

I would expect Campbell to get 44% or close thereabouts, yes. Getting past that would depend on a serious Democratic electorate collapse.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 12:54:19 PM »

Feeling better about my projection of an R pickup here.  :-)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 12:56:54 PM »

In all likelyhood Campbell will win

wtf
Guderian

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 01:38:26 PM »

Campbell would have beaten Boxer in 1992 if he didn't split the realist vote with Sonny Bono in the primary allowing "true conservative" Bruce Herschensohn to win the Republican nomination. But Babs being Babs and not having the advantages of incumbency, she was still beatable. Of course, few days before the election voters found out that Mr. Family Values is a regular strip-bar visitor and what do you know we're stuck with "Call me Senator" for 18 years.

It's time to set that cosmic injustice straight. Campbell can win this race, as long as he makes it out of the Republican primaries.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 02:05:37 PM »

It's time to set that cosmic injustice straight. Campbell can win this race, as long as he makes it out of the Republican primaries.

I doubt that'll be hard. DeVore is a wingnut and Fiorina's technical incompetence is literally hilarious.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 02:12:10 PM »

In all likelyhood Campbell will win, unless women really come out in force for Boxer or something. Then the waiting game begins to see whether Campbell becomes just another republican drone.

A candidates sex doesn't really seem to influence any voter group at the state level, at least from what I've seen.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 02:20:38 PM »

I would expect Campbell to get 44% or close thereabouts, yes. Getting past that would depend on a serious Democratic electorate collapse.

My experience with California electoral politics has told me that a Democratic collapse just leads to a bunch of Democrats voting Green or Peace & Freedom. For Campbell to do well, he would have to work to make inroads with the electorate, because otherwise Boxer could completely collapse & still win along the lines of 47-44.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 03:03:39 PM »

Maybe I was exaggerating a bit, but Campbell's chances are pretty close to 50, if not above. Of course with Carlyfornia and Devore the chances are much less for the Republicans.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 03:10:50 PM »

I don't think Boxer is going anywhere, it just shows the fluidity of the senate and governor races.  Once the Conservative GOP challenger emerge from the primaries and the issues are pretty clear on who supports the president on entitlement reform and who supports the status quo that Californians clearly support, the two Brown and Boxer will emerge the victor.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 05:29:58 PM »

I don't think Boxer is going anywhere, it just shows the fluidity of the senate and governor races.  Once the Conservative GOP challenger emerge from the primaries and the issues are pretty clear on who supports the president on entitlement reform and who supports the status quo that Californians clearly support, the two Brown and Boxer will emerge the victor.

That's terrible rationale. People could have said that about those special house elections in the south a few years back on social issues.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 05:41:28 PM »

A candidates sex doesn't really seem to influence any voter group at the state level, at least from what I've seen.

Technically [and this is an important distinction], he's not really making an argument about the candidate's sex but rather that of the voters'. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2010, 06:23:50 PM »

Well, the governator who has wisdom on this subject has supported moderate social issue reforms and has won 2 state wide elections and I think that will be the norm for this election. At any rate the economy is in recovery mode and the Democratic incumbants who weren't appointed or flipped I think aren't going to be in real danger.

On the other hand, CA governorship is a pure tossup.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 07:22:24 PM »

You may be right, but there is a reason why California seems to elect a lot of women leaders. Women here like woman candidates (although it's issue based rather than solely gender identity) which is why Carly running for Senate seemed like a good idea, except she is utterly incompetent and pro-life to boot. Campbell may face some problems with this group, but I doubt it since he has pretty sane positions on social issues. He is not the prototypical republican these women like to rail against. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't that great of a gender gap this year.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 10:07:55 PM »

Pretty much I agree.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 12:25:08 AM »

Holy moly
cannonia
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.42, S: -1.30

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 12:51:42 AM »

I like the poll numbers, but show me the money.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2010, 12:59:28 AM »

I like the poll numbers, but show me the money.

He will get more than enough money if he wins the primary.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2010, 01:00:27 PM »

I doubt it. It would probably go against some of his personal views and, more importantly, his reelection prospects.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies