Vote on Articles of Impeachment (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:17:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Vote on Articles of Impeachment (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vote on Articles of Impeachment  (Read 5806 times)
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« on: July 19, 2006, 11:13:27 AM »

Aye
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 04:44:25 AM »
« Edited: July 25, 2006, 04:57:19 AM by Jas »

Also, as presiding officer, I will hear any arguments on the validity of the votes of Senators Jake and Captain Vlad.

Vlad cast a valid vote while he was still a Senator.
There does not appear to be any written rule to disallow Vlad's vote.
There does not appear to be any precedent for disallowing the vote based on resignation.
I don't understand why the act of resigning should negate his vote, so long as the resignation was after the casting of the vote.

There may however be a valid argument to the effect that Jake as Southeast Senator, is within his rights to change the vote of his predecessor while that vote remains open, if one views the vote as belonging to the office of the Southeast Senator and not the individual occupying the office.

Thus I would contend that a fair interpretation would be that Vlad's vote was valid, even post-resignation, but that Jake was entitled to alter the vote within the standard parameters of Senate procedure. However given the absence of any solid law in this area, I leave it to the Chief Justice to form his own analysis.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies