why is everyone so hard on gporter? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:37:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  why is everyone so hard on gporter? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ....
it is the cool thing to do

he is a troll.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: why is everyone so hard on gporter?  (Read 4304 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: July 12, 2011, 04:55:22 AM »

Garrison simply doesn't realize that people can, and will, disagree with him. Even the most polite criticism or even friendly suggestion to do something other way is for him a vicious attack.

As what-if board veteran I can say I offered my friendly criticism to a lot of fellow writers, and I received a lot in return. Should I take it personally as some kind of "meeen attack"? Lol.

Garrison simply doesn't understand the reality or human relations. I feel sorry for him. He's going to have a very difficult life with this attitude and he's failing to understand that.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 06:39:13 AM »

Oh, come on. Haven't you seen his constant trolling ? Have you seen a single post from his that displays intelligence ?

I haven't. But I've seen your and Kal's attacks on him.

Those "attacks" were merely dismissive response to his trolling on this board. Garrison, on the other hand, called for Antonio's banning, calling his a troll, before Antonio said a word.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 08:24:56 AM »

And I'd like to point that using this whole self-proclaimed dyslexia as an excuse for writting down idiotic/trollish things is very unfair for a real dyslectics, many of whom are very intelligent people.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 08:26:44 AM »

I have a diagnosed ADHD as well. Hence, I'm demanding to be treated like a holy cow.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 08:45:55 AM »

GPorter is not mentally handicapped AFAIK. He admitted to be dyslexic, which is just as pointless as a serial killer admitting to be kleptomaniac. If he really were (which I see no reason to assume), then probably banning him would be the best thing to do for him. Otherwise, he's simply a troll who likes to say inanities.

I am so mentally handicapped (at least using the standard set by this forum) that I demand everybody immediately start ignoring every post I've ever made because I really can't help it because of my mental defect!

I'll keep that in mind Tongue

Such attitude won't help you be cool nor with girls.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 08:49:52 AM »

GPorter is not mentally handicapped AFAIK. He admitted to be dyslexic, which is just as pointless as a serial killer admitting to be kleptomaniac. If he really were (which I see no reason to assume), then probably banning him would be the best thing to do for him. Otherwise, he's simply a troll who likes to say inanities.

I am so mentally handicapped (at least using the standard set by this forum) that I demand everybody immediately start ignoring every post I've ever made because I really can't help it because of my mental defect!

I'll keep that in mind Tongue

Such attitude won't help you be cool nor with girls.

Nor will being AG on an online politics game.  I guess we're in the same boat? 

Hey, I have ADHD, remember? Angry
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2011, 10:51:54 AM »

I think there's some truth to the term 'differently abled.' He ain't altogether dumb, that's clear from  some of his smarter analysis posts in the what-if board. Yeah he's oversensitive about some stuff and hasn't figured out how to deal with it. Most of the stuff he considers mean really isn't. But some of it is, and it should stop.

You think keeping him under a jar is going to help him?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 11:32:17 AM »
« Edited: July 12, 2011, 11:34:37 AM by Attorney General Kalwejt »

Whether he's an idiot or not or makes bad posts or not is irrelevant. You have a choice over what to do with your time. You can choose to spend it making fun of someone who's retarded if you want. But I'm not going to do it.

At the very least you ought to admit to yourselves that there is no benevolent motive involved on your part (like "helping" him).

If he's faking it all, which is possible of course, there is no grounds to feel sorry for him. But there is also no reason at all to bash his fake lack of intelligence.

Notice that no one here said things like "Gporter is a retard" (so far, regardless of context, you were the only who stated that), "Gporter is stupid", "Gporter is an idiot" etc. etc.

When I'm critical about his statements/writing, I'm telling why, without calling him that way. This is a FORUM. If you post here, others are likely to respond.

When I say that development in his timeline doesn't make sense, is that "mean"? When I say I find his statement laughable, is that mean?

Gporter may not be that stupid after all, considering that his writing improved. He's still a poor writer, but better than he used to be. Would he achieve that without criticism? I guess no.

So, keeping him under a jar won't help him any more than actually reacting to him.

Personally, I'm extremely grateful to all those who offered a constructive criticism to my writings on what-if or corrected my flawed English. I'm grateful, because it helped me a lot.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 11:49:56 AM »

Also, "Give him a break, because he's mentally retarded" is hardly nicer than "he's bad writer/he's posting a nonsense".
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 05:09:47 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Hugs and drugs go together like bacon and eggs in my experience. Smiley

Miss the 1960s? Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies