Huntsman Jr. getting a bit 'o blog buzz (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 06:38:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Huntsman Jr. getting a bit 'o blog buzz (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would he be a decent nominee?
Yeah

Nah

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 27

Author Topic: Huntsman Jr. getting a bit 'o blog buzz  (Read 5222 times)
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« on: November 12, 2008, 10:28:41 PM »
« edited: November 12, 2008, 10:30:36 PM by TCash101 »

Obama's father is dead, so he should not use "Jr." Is Huntsman's father still alive?

EDIT: I see he is and is certainly "man about town" in his own right. So, his son should definitely use "Jr." Can't disrespect Dad.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 12:32:07 AM »

Obama's father is dead, so he should not use "Jr." Is Huntsman's father still alive?

EDIT: I see he is and is certainly "man about town" in his own right. So, his son should definitely use "Jr." Can't disrespect Dad.

Yes, though as I said, Al Gore Jr.'s father was alive until 1998, and people still just referred to him as "Gore" when his father was still alive.  If Huntsman actually goes by "Huntsman Jr.", then OK, but I was just remarking that it sounds kind of weird to hear <LAST NAME> Jr., when it's pretty clear which member of the family you're talking about without adding the junior.  Anyway, I didn't mean to be accusatory against Lunar, it just made no sense to me at the time.

When he became "Vice President Gore", that was true. When he was Senator here, the "Jr" was pretty typical.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies