Democrats Only (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 09:57:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Democrats Only (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: With which organization do you more strongly associate yourself?
Progressive Democrats of America

Democratic Leadership Council

Blue Dog Coalition

Not a Democrat

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Democrats Only  (Read 3077 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« on: January 14, 2006, 09:55:50 PM »

Although I identify most with the Progressives, but I am a mix of all three.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 11:00:11 PM »

Actually, we should stand as one party united, not a factioned and hapless group of losers. We should present ourselves in a united front, and not bicker endlessly over nitpicky issues and say "Well I'm in the DLC" or "I'm a blue dog".

Each person has thier own beliefs, which is why I believe the party shouldn't factionalize like that... We argue with ourselves as much as with the Republicans.

You might say, they have factions too, and that's true. But, they don't in-fight as much as we do. They always present a united front, and I believe we should do the same.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 11:12:31 PM »

This is exactly what I mean... I don't see the Republicans bicker this much... You guys wanna make us look like a bunch of schmucks who can't agree with ourselves, let alone anyone else, then fine. But, we have a PRINCIPLE to stand up for the little guy in this party. We don't sound much like it, we sound like a bunch of putzes when we disagree like that.

United we stand, divided we fall. Remember that.

And if you think the forum us bad, this same thing goes on at the top level.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 01:03:06 AM »

Allow me to say, I am NOT a "latte Liberal" My dad only makes 11,000 dollars a year... Most of the income in my house comes from my standup work. I am concerned about this country, and I never supported a big pullout as you suggested. What I was saying Frodo was a truly national party, blind to the bickering and in-fighting that is going on. When you say you are a Democrat that should be enough.

I am a budget hawk, I wanted to bomb the hell out of Afghanistan, but just because I didn't want to go to Iraq, that doesn't make me a coward.

Oh, and the little guy is people like my dad, who can't get a better job because of his age and competition. People like my uncle, a Vietnam vet who the government cast aside and forgot about. The little guy is the one I believe the Democratic Party has a sworn duty to protect....

Dump your latte liberal sh**t. It doesn't work on me!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies