Why do Americans believe in God despite all the evidence????? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:13:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Why do Americans believe in God despite all the evidence????? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why do Americans believe in God despite all the evidence?????  (Read 7509 times)
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« on: December 21, 2011, 03:37:20 PM »

The religious tribe say what about stalin he didnt believe in God, but Russia is one of the most religious countries in the world and the people are extremely superstitous. Stalin used the social fabric for his own purposes and tried to replace the virgin mary as an icon. Hence the pictures of dictators you see. Just like Jesus Christ. We as outsiders can see the delusion, but the people who worship stalin and jesus in their icons cannot. Dictators prospered in societies where education was weak and religion strong.

Ignoring the giant fracas the rest of the post brings up, I just want to point out that contrary to popular belief, Russia is and for quite a while has NOT been very religious. The vast majority of Russians are non practicing with a majority having never attended any religious services, and most just call themselves Orthodox as a nationalistic, Russian thing. The Orthodox church there is extremely powerful though.

But (still ignoring the main point of the rant) I don't see what point you're trying to make here. Is it that groups of people are willing to believe anything, like religion and dictatorship? Or that religious belief supports dictatorship? Either way it seems incredibly disingenuous. Dictatorship comes more from desire to concentrate power to oneself and ones family then from belief in a god. I have no doubt dictatorship would exist in a world with no religion.  
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies